Phone stuck at boot logo, cant boot to recovery or fastboot

Search This thread

kabaldan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
what am I supposed to do in this instance?
Ok when I leave it there to charge after about 5 minutes it tries to boot up again on its own... its like a boot loop but it stays turned off for about 5 mins in between.

Now I believe its officially stuck at the CM logo screen after the data only back up and restore. It stopped turning off which I think was due to battery and when I plugged it into the PC it turned on and has been at the CM logo screen for about an hour now.

It also refuses to boot into recovery now. Stock or Open Recovery. It only shows the green charging LED and when I do a force shut down it blinks on and back on in about 1 second. I have no clue what the deal is. I'm going to try and flash a stock image with RSD Lite and try it all again.

Your battery is empty. You can't flash anything via fastboot in such state.

When the battery is empty while starting the phone, the bootloader charges it a bit first (that green LED). Only when the battery is charged a little, it switches to boot.
What you want to do is to catch the moment when it starts to boot and hold the volume-up to get to OpenRecovery. OR supports charging so you can let the battery charge more there.

matt2k12

Jul 13, 2012
Texas

When the battery is empty while starting the phone, the bootloader charges it a bit first (that green LED). Only when the battery is charged a little, it switches to boot.
What you want to do is to catch the moment when it starts to boot and hold the volume-up to get to OpenRecovery. OR supports charging so you can let the battery charge more there.

Thank you again for your responses.

I was thinking along those lines... But it seems like as soon as it gets a charge that it goes right into the boot logo. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground to go to any recovery mode. I was stuck in a similar situation before but it wasn't constantly trying to boot.

Here is what happened:

When I flashed data only, I selected "reboot after" option so it is constantly trying to do that re-boot but since it cant boot it stays at the CM logo I guess until the phone dies. Then it charges for a while with the green LED and then it tries to boot again. I have tried to access all kinds of recovery and fastboot and everything at the usual intervals and I cant get it to start any recovery mode because it is still following the re-boot command from Open Recovery.

I will keep trying but this time seems different than when I had low battery/no recovery in the past instances. Something is overriding my recovery and I think it has to do with the Open Recovery reboot after flashing command.... I even opened up the back of the phone and disconnected the battery and its still not working.

matt2k12

Jul 13, 2012
Texas

Thank you again for your responses.

I was thinking along those lines... But it seems like as soon as it gets a charge that it goes right into the boot logo. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground to go to any recovery mode. I was stuck in a similar situation before but it wasn't constantly trying to boot.

Here is what happened:

When I flashed data only, I selected "reboot after" option so it is constantly trying to do that re-boot but since it cant boot it stays at the CM logo I guess until the phone dies. Then it charges for a while with the green LED and then it tries to boot again. I have tried to access all kinds of recovery and fastboot and everything at the usual intervals and I cant get it to start any recovery mode because it is still following the re-boot command from Open Recovery.

I will keep trying but this time seems different than when I had low battery/no recovery in the past instances. Something is overriding my recovery and I think it has to do with the Open Recovery reboot after flashing command.... I even opened up the back of the phone and disconnected the battery and its still not working.

I got fastboot working by plugging the phone into a dedicated AC power charger, not one with a USB adapter. Then I let it sit on the boot screen for a couple hours. This way it fully charged the battery and I could bring up fastboot.

What was happening with the USB adapter was that it would try to boot, die, and refuse to go to fastboot, over and over again. I would not have got it working without a dedicated AC power charger.

sulken2000

Mar 3, 2010
That literally happened to me a few days ago. Fastboot will say a warning on the screen, somewhere around the middle, "Battery Low" or something along those lines, I paid it no attention, as I knew it was plugged in and should've been charging through my processes. Well, the battery has to be at least 50%+ charged before fastboot will allow any connectivity or communication with ADB or Fastboot on pc. Facepalm.

g-nigh

Apr 21, 2012
Santo Domingo
Always double check battery charge at least 60% or more to be in the safe side, or you risk to soft-brick to even hard-brick your phone.