[Q] NFC Connection

Search This thread

skhan33

Dec 29, 2011
I am using HTC ONE M8 and I want to know the setup procedure. Why is there a need to keep bluetooth on and how to pair it to nfc? The moment I disconnect bluetooth it disconnects the device. Please help with step by step what to do to use only via nfc. Bluetooth is eating up phone battery

ben.cordy

Dec 23, 2009
The watch connects via bluetooth. Nfc only replaces the procedure for connecting and setting up the watch. Ie you turn your bluetooth on then use the nfc tap function to connect the devices. If paired it will of course connect automatically without the touch but not necessarily straight away. The bluetooth shouldn't use much battery as it low power bluetooth 4.0.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Essentially the nfc replaces having to use a bluetooth pass code of some kind.

skhan33

Dec 29, 2011
It doesn't make sense if I have to connect via bluetooth and they keep saying it has NFC. There is no point if anyways I am using bluetooth. It does drain battery for the phone. Spending so much and then keep an eye on the battery if it is enough to survive for the day or not.

kamikaze666

Nov 9, 2010
Bucharest
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
It doesn't make sense if I have to connect via bluetooth and they keep saying it has NFC. There is no point if anyways I am using bluetooth. It does drain battery for the phone. Spending so much and then keep an eye on the battery if it is enough to survive for the day or not.

Actually, NFC is not a means of communication over long distances between devices, i.e. more than a few millimeters. It is normal for a device such as this to connect via Bluetooth because it requires a continual connection to the host device (your phone). NFC is only used to pair the devices, through a tap-and-go procedure. The only other way to connect this type of devices would be Wi-Fi Direct which I think would use the same amount of battery...

vrl13

Apr 29, 2012
Bucuresti

Would you glue the watch to the back of your phone if NFC would work for data transmission? :))

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk

Reactions: khrystyan27

ben.cordy

Dec 23, 2009
This watch is bluetooth 3.0.

So it is! I stand corrected!

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

I've been using my watch with a Nexus 5. Prior to getting the watch I left bluetooth off at all times. Now I have it on all day with watch connected. Bluetooth doesn't show up at all in battery stats (as it's usage is very small in comparison to other bits.). I estimate with roughly with comparable usage it only reduces the time my phone lasts by about 30 mins.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Would you glue the watch to the back of your phone if NFC would work for data transmission? :))

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I literally can't stop laughing... :laugh: