[MOD] Dark downanimation.zip

Search This thread

tigcf

Mar 15, 2009
Porto
Hi!

I've made a dark downanimation.zip (animation while phone is switching off) to replace the stock one from HTC. It's like the original one, but on dark background, to go with the dark splash screen and bootanimation that's floating around in the ARHD rom thread. Tested in my Desire HD (480x800). Don't know if someone else had already made this, but I couldn't find any...

Install Instructions:
OPTION 1:
Open root explorer, rename the file darkdownanimation.zip to downanimation.zip and paste it in /system/customize/resource. Then define permissions to rw-r--r--, like this:
2hcm1b5.png

OPTION 2:
Flash the darkdownanimation-flashable.zip in CWM.

Feel free to use it and comment on it! Thanks to Dude360 for making the flashable zip!

Preview:
2nhhhs6.gif

Attachments

• darkdownanimation-flashable.zip
    902.4 KB · Views: 784
  • darkdownanimation.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,033
Last edited:

Rolando88

Mar 13, 2010
Defenitly nice!

but cannot find system folder on my DHD

Last edited:

Dude360

Nov 22, 2006
This one should be flashable, havnt had chance to try it yet myself though so let me know and Ill remake it if not.

Quick splash screen question, are they 'permanent' or do they revert back to the white HTC every time I reflash?

I flash roms quite a lot and usually incorporate boot/down anis in the rom cleaner script. Never dealt with splash screens before.

Cheers :)

Attachments

• darkdown.zip
    902.4 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Reactions: tigcf

tigcf

Mar 15, 2009
Porto
This one should be flashable, havnt had chance to try it yet myself though so let me know and Ill remake it if not.

Quick splash screen question, are they 'permanent' or do they revert back to the white HTC every time I reflash?

I flash roms quite a lot and usually incorporate boot/down anis in the rom cleaner script. Never dealt with splash screens before.

As far as I know, it reverts back. Thanks for the flashable zip, I'll try it later and report.

EDIT: Working flashable ZIP! :D Adding it to the first post now, thanks!

Last edited:

Dude360

Nov 22, 2006
Bummer. Gonna have to see about getting the cleaner script set up to flash the splash as well then, cuz I really like the look of this one :D

stylez

Moderator Emeritus

ayyu3m

Oct 19, 2007
System Error
This is absolutely looking great. Unfortunately i m using HD2 and not-a-big fan of android OS yet. until then i wil have to stare at the animation from my laptop / pc wondering if you would release the same for 480x800 device. jus the png file will suffice...

xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

I've made a dark downanimation.zip (animation while phone is switching off) to replace the stock one from HTC. It's like the original one, but on dark background, to go with the dark splash screen and bootanimation that's floating around in the ARHD rom thread. Tested in my Desire HD (480x800). Don't know if someone else had already made this, but I couldn't find any...

Install Instructions:
    OPTION 1:
    Open root explorer, rename the file darkdownanimation.zip to downanimation.zip and paste it in /system/customize/resource. Then define permissions to rw-r--r--, like this:
    2hcm1b5.png

OPTION 2:
    Flash the darkdownanimation-flashable.zip in CWM.

Feel free to use it and comment on it! Thanks to Dude360 for making the flashable zip!

Preview:
    2nhhhs6.gif

Would be grateful for those links too.

Couldn't find the right post, so here's the files.

Splash image
    darkbootanimation-flashable.zip
    Android Flasher - windows application I used to flash the splash image, go there to download and for usage instructions.

Credit goes to the creators.