Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
I just used this script found HERE

Follow the directions...

Required:
rooted phone
busybox installed [get from market]
Terminal Emulator [get from market]

make sure your rooted and busybox installed....

Im using my deodexed rom, not debloated, my ram is hanging at 183-185mb

any questions about script ask in the original thread.
any questions on working on continuum, post in this thread

phone is amazingly faster!

NOTE: looks like it unroots phone.
To reroot use superoneclick 2. 3. 3

I'm working on what we can do to stop this...

Last edited:

pattielipp

Apr 26, 2011
South Carolina
www.mytechliving.com
Good find! This is a good boost.. What this does is:
The phone has a selected amount of memory for it's tasks. Over time this memory gets used up. When the phone's memory reaches a specific amount the phone automatically deletes specific files.. In the process of all of this, everything is slowed down. What this script does is delete the cache which is using up the ram/memory. Instead of allowing the phone to manage this, this script deletes the files in a specific interval.. In this case, i think it is every hour(don't quote me)..

I utulized something similar to this in my previous rom.. it however lowered the point the phone deleted the items out of memory automatically.
Many scripts like this are out.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# Adrenaline Shot
sync;
sleep 1
echo "3" > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches;
echo "1" > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches;
sleep 1
echo "                 ** Turbo Boosted ** ";

One option you could do is create an init.d script to automatically run this(as long as you have imnuts' custom kernel installed)
Likewise, as long as you have busybox installed you should be able to make an sysctl script that will run this on boot.

Reactions: ciscogee

ciscogee

Aug 13, 2011
Wa State
The phone has a selected amount of memory for it's tasks. Over time this memory gets used up. When the phone's memory reaches a specific amount the phone automatically deletes specific files.. In the process of all of this, everything is slowed down. What this script does is delete the cache which is using up the ram/memory. Instead of allowing the phone to manage this, this script deletes the files in a specific interval.. In this case, i think it is every hour(don't quote me)..

I utulized something similar to this in my previous rom.. it however lowered the point the phone deleted the items out of memory automatically.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# Adrenaline Shot
sync;
sleep 1
sleep 1

One option you could do is create an init.d script to automatically run this(as long as you have imnuts' custom kernel installed)
Likewise, as long as you have busybox installed you should be able to make an sysctl script that will run this on boot.

Thanks for explaining it. Did imnuts get unit.d to work? I did not see a confirmation :)

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda premium

biznazz

Jun 2, 2011
So I flashed this on ec09 and I lost root. Any ideas?

pattielipp

Apr 26, 2011
South Carolina
www.mytechliving.com
With imnuts kernel init.d scripts are working.. they are finicky, but i did have them working for a period of time when i was looking into init.d and sysctl scripts.

So I flashed this on ec09 and I lost root. Any ideas?

flash another ec09 build.. most include root capabilities.. If you want a stock deodexed and rooted build go with ciscoo's build.. if you want deodexed adn debloated, i have a release out.. Both of these are rooted...

biznazz

Jun 2, 2011
Ok thanks ciscoo. Could you add that bit of info into the op for others that decide to flash this. thanks duder

Last edited:

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
Did it unroot ya though?

Just flashed. Insta unroot. S1c rerooted fine. Here's my question. I looked, before I rooted again. Su is still in bin, and su and busybox are both in xbin. Maybe someone better with scripts can clear this up, but i can't see where the boost script should affect su at all. I looked at the updater script, and the boost script itself. I'd be very curious, if someone knows.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

pattielipp

Apr 26, 2011
South Carolina
www.mytechliving.com
When you run this it removes all running scripts and applications from the ramdisk that are stored in the cache. Root is given at startup as well as other scripts being run only once, however they stay in the ram until the memory is needed, then they are replaced. This completly clears the cache.. for those running this, if you reroot your phone does this unroot it again after a specific amount of time? 1 hour or 1 day after the script is run?

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
When you run this it removes all running scripts and applications from the ramdisk that are stored in the cache. Root is given at startup as well as other scripts being run only once, however they stay in the ram until the memory is needed, then they are replaced. This completly clears the cache.. for those running this, if you reroot your phone does this unroot it again after a specific amount of time? 1 hour or 1 day after the script is run?

Rerooted at 0730. It's 1245 now. Just checked and i still have root.

Reactions: ciscogee

Txwolf1980

Aug 13, 2011
Huntsville Tx
To be honest, There was only an 11mb drop with me. But, that (such as it was) is back up. Just ran it again, kept SU, but usage actually increased... Figures, I'd have the retarded phone of the bunch. Kinda supports the whole 'phone reflects it's user' line of thought.

abby_nitewolf

Aug 10, 2011
yeah i was confused when it unrooted me. i just pushed the files back in and activated root again. It has been a day already and i still have root. i had about a 30mb difference with me. it may not be much for others but for me every mb counts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just used this script found HERE

Follow the directions...

Required:
    rooted phone
    busybox installed [get from market]
    Terminal Emulator [get from market]

make sure your rooted and busybox installed....

Im using my deodexed rom, not debloated, my ram is hanging at 183-185mb

any questions about script ask in the original thread.
    any questions on working on continuum, post in this thread

phone is amazingly faster!

NOTE: looks like it unroots phone.
    To reroot use superoneclick 2. 3. 3

I'm working on what we can do to stop this...

Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    # Adrenaline Shot
    sync;
    sleep 1
    sleep 1

Rerooted at 0730. It's 1245 now. Just checked and i still have root.