International Quad Core Tegra 3 HTC One X or S4 AT&T One X?

Search This thread

boimarc89

Sep 10, 2009
I was debating on what would be my Inspire 4G's (US Desire HD) replacement. I have an upgrade coming and i could get a HTC One X from AT&T for $200 or i pay full price for the International One X. The AT&T one only has a S3 Dual core because of LTE and LTE isnt that important to me since my data isnt unlimited anyway. the International One X is the beast bcuz It has a Quad Core Tegra 3 processor. Idk what to get....The Galaxy S3 most likely will a bust in the US bcuz of it having the same s4 processor as the AT&T One X. The International Galaxy S3 will probably be beyond nasty. Idk what to do. Spend more for the best phone or settle for an incremental hardware upgrade like from the iPhone4 to the 4s for cheaper? I would consider going back to US T-Mobile for the Unlimited Data but the frequency bands on the International One X doesnt support T-Mobile's 3G frequency.

scaryshark

Jan 11, 2012
Your probably best to asks this over on the one x forums because they'll know more, but...

I would say don't rule out the AT&T One X. Although it has an S3 instead of a Tegra 3 that does not mean its any worse, some may argue that its better as it has the same processing power (maybe even a little more) but is considerably more efficient!

Also don't rule out the GS3 either, because Samsung recently announced it will be powered by a quad core exynos CPU. Of course it may go the way of the GS2 and end up having may different variants for each of the carriers (it's never been a problem for us Brits!). And you may not get "the GS3 you fell in love with" at the unveiling!

All in all I would say that if it makes financial sense, go for the AT&T One X and don't worry that its dual core vs quad core - it just doesn't matter! Or if you're not in any hurry wait a week for the GS3 announcement and then make your decision if you like it or not!

:)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

Reactions: B. East

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
I was debating on what would be my Inspire 4G's (US Desire HD) replacement. I have an upgrade coming and i could get a HTC One X from AT&T for $200 or i pay full price for the International One X. The AT&T one only has a S3 Dual core because of LTE and LTE isnt that important to me since my data isnt unlimited anyway. the International One X is the beast bcuz It has a Quad Core Tegra 3 processor. Idk what to get....The Galaxy S3 most likely will a bust in the US bcuz of it having the same s4 processor as the AT&T One X. The International Galaxy S3 will probably be beyond nasty. Idk what to do. Spend more for the best phone or settle for an incremental hardware upgrade like from the iPhone4 to the 4s for cheaper? I would consider going back to US T-Mobile for the Unlimited Data but the frequency bands on the International One X doesnt support T-Mobile's 3G frequency.
There are websites devoted to comparisons between devices. And buyers advice.

You have posted this same post in more than 1 device forum, which multiple posts are against XDA rules.

If you have other dulplicate posts scattered around XDA, I would suggest you edit them, before the other mods or I find find them. Posting the same post in multiple forums are prohibited as per XDA rules.

The general forum, is for those wishing to discuss certain aspects of the device in general. Or the occassional issue. NOT to ask whether you should get a new device which is totally different from the one you own, without even trying one.

It's like asking somebody to suggest a do-nut for you.

In the end, it just clogs the threads, and makes it more difficult for users to search.

Last edited:
Reactions: Agoattamer

DubelBoom

Jan 10, 2011
this video is fake...
theres not AT&T logo on the top of the device, and the CPU clock is 1.2GHz and not 1.5GHz.

Reactions: zoot600

lamenramen

Jul 19, 2011
Without a doubt the S4 versions, purely b/c of battery life.
I am finding that the quad core's battery life is abysmal. I rarely make it through the day, unless I'm turning down the brightness all the way, and juggling turning off gps, wifi, data, etc whenever I don't need it. It's no way to live.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your probably best to asks this over on the one x forums because they'll know more, but...

I would say don't rule out the AT&T One X. Although it has an S3 instead of a Tegra 3 that does not mean its any worse, some may argue that its better as it has the same processing power (maybe even a little more) but is considerably more efficient!

Also don't rule out the GS3 either, because Samsung recently announced it will be powered by a quad core exynos CPU. Of course it may go the way of the GS2 and end up having may different variants for each of the carriers (it's never been a problem for us Brits!). And you may not get "the GS3 you fell in love with" at the unveiling!

All in all I would say that if it makes financial sense, go for the AT&T One X and don't worry that its dual core vs quad core - it just doesn't matter! Or if you're not in any hurry wait a week for the GS3 announcement and then make your decision if you like it or not!

:)

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA
    There are websites devoted to comparisons between devices. And buyers advice.

You have posted this same post in more than 1 device forum, which multiple posts are against XDA rules.

If you have other dulplicate posts scattered around XDA, I would suggest you edit them, before the other mods or I find find them. Posting the same post in multiple forums are prohibited as per XDA rules.

The general forum, is for those wishing to discuss certain aspects of the device in general. Or the occassional issue. NOT to ask whether you should get a new device which is totally different from the one you own, without even trying one.

It's like asking somebody to suggest a do-nut for you.

In the end, it just clogs the threads, and makes it more difficult for users to search.
    this video is fake...
    theres not AT&T logo on the top of the device, and the CPU clock is 1.2GHz and not 1.5GHz.