Liveview with arc s

Search This thread

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Hi guys I have an lt18i and I have my liveview connected successfully. What it is ive installed plugins but my liveview and liveview application doesnt pick up the plugins. Says there are none installed. By the way I have ics.

Also liveware manager refuses to install or update. Says something but unsigned file

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

sisqoboy

Apr 28, 2012
Hi,

U are not the only who has this issue. Sony is still looking for the solution.
If you root the phone and delete the liveware app after that download the newest, it would work without problems.
Otherwise there is no official solution yet.
I went to a repair centre and they downgraded to gb from ics because I couldn't use my smartwatch...

Sent from my LT18i using XDA

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Thanks. I did uninstall the liveware app then tried installing.via the play store but I had no luck. Gives me an error.

Edit: it worked now it wouldnt work yesterday

Rolandh

Oct 15, 2007
Sheffield
rolandh31.wordpress.com
I'm considering getting a LiveView watch off ebay, and was wondering if it's compatible with ICS. Now I've seen this thread I might bite the bullet and get one for £19.95 they seem a bargain.

Roland

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
That is cheap. It is compatible but so far none of the plugins seems to compatible with ics on any ics device due to the liveview application so its from sonys side. But its still useful. Ive been getting texts which ive been checking during my training at work.

Rolandh

Oct 15, 2007
Sheffield
rolandh31.wordpress.com
Hi,

U are not the only who has this issue. Sony is still looking for the solution.
If you root the phone and delete the liveware app after that download the newest, it would work without problems.
Otherwise there is no official solution yet.
I went to a repair centre and they downgraded to gb from ics because I couldn't use my smartwatch...

Sent from my LT18i using XDA

The easiest way is to root then use link to sd to convert LiveWare Manager to a user app, update from Play Store then convert back to a System app. That's what I did, mow just waiting for my LiveView to get delivered by Mail Man.

Roland

Rolandh

Oct 15, 2007
Sheffield
rolandh31.wordpress.com
I've been using my LiveView with my Arc S since I fully charged it, and with the LiveView Charm app installed and started on the Arc S I've only had connection dropouts when I've strayed to far away from my phone. The lack of compatability with ICS on the Plugin front is a pain, but since the LiveView has a decent digital Watch screensaver and as far as I can tell all the stock Plugins that come with the LiveView work, I know to the All events tile, Text messages tile, Facebook tile & Find phone tile works. Not too sure about the Missed calls tile as I've not had any missed walls since I've been using the LiveView, the only tile that doesn't seem to be working is the Calendar tile.

Roland

Khalidb86

May 10, 2011
i have Xperia Arc S and live view watch and the connection keep drop when not using the watch on ICS 4.04 ,even when the watch in the range of the mobile Bluetooth .

its ugly thing that you need to re-establish connection every half hour , it make the watch kind of useless object .

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Ive purchased an app called liveview manager and it kinda prevents the drop issue. I mean its once every couple of hours even then its very rare

shahzaib.khan

Aug 9, 2011
riyadh
i just simply connected live view with my arc n tried un few other roms i am facing some weird problem I CANT GET FACEBOOK INBOX MESSAGES but the neews feed is always updated to my live view device even if i cheak into inbox in live view facebook

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium