[Q] My HTC HD2 is going berserk

Search This thread

grendizerus

May 23, 2008
Since about 2 months, my HTC HD2 sometimes runs into a strange behavior.
It's like some invisible fingers are touching the screen very quickly, triggering apps, menus, and sometimes calling people!
The only way to stop that is to restart the phone (but when the HD2 starts to behave that way, it's difficult to restart it, as these "invisible fingers" are still competing with MY fingers!).
I don't know what caused the problem in the first place, and I don't know what triggers the problem when it happens.
Is my HD2 out of order?
Thanks
Gz

hengsheng120

Feb 3, 2012
It could be that your touchscreen is too sensitive and your sweat from your fingers is triggering it; Did you try cleaning the screen, your hands and using a screen protector?

grendizerus

May 23, 2008
By "digitizer", you mean the touch glass?
Did it happened to you before?
Why so many of your phones had their glasses cracked?
Thanks ;)

dertester123

Oct 11, 2008
Try to massage the screen around the corners especially above the buttons.

There is some kind of "glue" to prevent contact with metal but if its old or used it could make this problem.

Maby you can trigger it or at least find the point where to press to make it stop.

=> using a heating fan (warm not hot!) to vaporize water could help too maby. No warranty here!

grendizerus

May 23, 2008
dertester123 you may have found the real cause of the problem, but I'll have to test more before I can confirm.
Cheers.
Gz

JimWest7997

Jan 26, 2011
Berlin
i have been having the same problem lately and i must say, i'm pretty sure it's about the sweaty fingers! i have read on other sites that the capacitive (?) screen is too sensitive and that many are experiencing these problems, especially during summer!

dertester123

Oct 11, 2008
i have been having the same problem lately and i must say, i'm pretty sure it's about the sweaty fingers! i have read on other sites that the capacitive (?) screen is too sensitive and that many are experiencing these problems, especially during summer!

Just place some waterdrops on the display or use it with fingers that you put some lotion on....

Problem is when it gets under the display, but thats rather uncommon i hope;D
I case its just just sweaty fingers, what are pants for?

dertester123

Oct 11, 2008
I have the same problem but it only happens in my music app. Could this be causedby a virus of some sort?

are you running android ics? In ics they changed the input slightly i heard, and maby its not ported correctly...

When using another music app or switching to generally other apps while music plays everything is okay?

I dont think its a virus or something, most of them want to spy or change userdata and not annoy you ;)

grendizerus

May 23, 2008
I thought I had found the cause of my problem, but I can't confirm it, as this problem hasn't appeared since the middle of May, when I followed dertester12's advice to massage the screen on the corners!
But I noticed a spot in the middle of my touch screen where the "glass" seems to "touch" or to be glued to something underneath it. This spot is till here today, but despite of that, the problem is not occuring now. I'll try to attach photos of that.
So to sum it up, I'm still not sure about what caused the problem...

Attachments

• P1020426.jpg
    P1020426.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 82
  • P1020427.jpg
    P1020427.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 81

hengsheng120

Feb 3, 2012
I thought I had found the cause of my problem, but I can't confirm it, as this problem hasn't appeared since the middle of May, when I followed dertester12's advice to massage the screen on the corners!
But I noticed a spot in the middle of my touch screen where the "glass" seems to "touch" or to be glued to something underneath it. This spot is till here today, but despite of that, the problem is not occuring now. I'll try to attach photos of that.
So to sum it up, I'm still not sure about what caused the problem...

Did you disassemble your screen before?

Sent from my T9193 using xda premium

dertester123

Oct 11, 2008
I'll dig out the topic.

Hangsheng I have the same problem as described at the beginning, but mine handset had replaced touchscreen with lcd panel.
What it could be the cause of this behaviour?

Well the touchscreen must be isolated from the display. Therefore they put some blue glue at the area over the buttons where the HTC logo is. For me I used alcohol to clean the touchscreen as I replaced it and had the problem that when pressure was added the layer of glue was to thin to isolate and gave me fake inputs.

You can test by massaging this area.

Also the contacts on the backside of the screen must be isolated to the housing and the screen. I could think that when you soldered the stock isolation thinned out too..

Last but not least touchscreen, display and housing must be grounded correctly. Therefore all parts are wrapped in metallic foil at the edges... To connect them..

As the touch screen is very sensitive to even little currents its often hard to find the problem as it could also be a totally different cause.

All the above mentioned points should be checked and are relatively easy to fix. But it needs total disassembly what - especially to old devices- has a risk.

Risks are:
That damn flex cables are old and tend to break. The buttons have small tapes on top that come off easily and never go back again... And many more things that break when dis- and reassembled to often.

Sometimes it's cheaper to sell defect HD2 and buy new/used one..
On eBay you often get very good prices for defective HD2..

Gesendet von meinem HTC HD2 mit Tapatalk 2

fikthor

Odp: [Q] My HTC HD2 is going berserk

The thing is every issue dissappear when it's on WinMob. I cannot pass this behaviour so decided to switch handsets. HD2 was very good phone.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app