[Q] How to restore i9000 to a known state.

Search This thread

txemitron

Dec 4, 2008
Hi, I own a i9000 that I have usually updated with last versions of cyanogen.
I wanted to give it to another person and I tryed to make a reset so no personal information was there.
I realised that wipe cache and common options in main menu of CWM recovery were not enough and I formatted system partition as I read in forums.
Then I tryed to reinstall cyanogen using CWM recovery from cyanogenmod zip file in external sd card, but it threw errors and did not success.
Now I think I have a real mess and a nice brick. My phone does not boot and I do not know how to fix it. The only thing seems to work is download mode.

My question is: Is there any recipe I can use for bring i9000 to a known state? That includes partition layout and ROM.

I have been reading posts like http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2444308 but there no repartitioning is recommended so I am confused.

Tanks,
txemi.

Reactions: Galaxy S P

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I own a i9000 that I have usually updated with last versions of cyanogen.
    I wanted to give it to another person and I tryed to make a reset so no personal information was there.
    I realised that wipe cache and common options in main menu of CWM recovery were not enough and I formatted system partition as I read in forums.
    Then I tryed to reinstall cyanogen using CWM recovery from cyanogenmod zip file in external sd card, but it threw errors and did not success.
    Now I think I have a real mess and a nice brick. My phone does not boot and I do not know how to fix it. The only thing seems to work is download mode.

My question is: Is there any recipe I can use for bring i9000 to a known state? That includes partition layout and ROM.

I have been reading posts like http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2444308 but there no repartitioning is recommended so I am confused.

Tanks,
    txemi.