Samsung S3 Recovery mode problem please help

Search This thread

bachelora2001

Feb 13, 2013
Hi

Please help
It was running on Jedi Invasion no problem at all. Last night I was browsing with the electrical charger attached. While browsing the battery went down to zero percent and the screen went blank. On trying to restart it will only reboot until the Samsung logo than the screen goes blank. I have tried to put in to recovery mode by pressing all the three buttons together but it won't some few blue letters appear above than the screen goes blank. It won't go into recovery or download mode. Whenever I put in the battery after removing the screen automatically goes up to Samsung logo.
How can I put it into recovery mode as the screen goes blank and the phone doesn't power on?

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
have u tried immediately releasing the power button when u see the blue letters??

err on the side of kindness

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hi

Please help
It was running on Jedi Invasion no problem at all. Last night I was browsing with the electrical charger attached. While browsing the battery went down to zero percent and the screen went blank. On trying to restart it will only reboot until the Samsung logo than the screen goes blank. I have tried to put in to recovery mode by pressing all the three buttons together but it won't some few blue letters appear above than the screen goes blank. It won't go into recovery or download mode. Whenever I put in the battery after removing the screen automatically goes up to Samsung logo.
How can I put it into recovery mode as the screen goes blank and the phone doesn't power on?

Did you also try another battery to see if that's the problem or try the current battery in a similar phone? If you weren't tinkering with or flashing firmware, nothing should have happened to cause a firmware failure.

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
Did you also try another battery to see if that's the problem or try the current battery in a similar phone? If you weren't tinkering with or flashing firmware, nothing should have happened to cause a firmware failure.

some sort of electrical power surge?? (since was charging when it happened ?)

err on the side of kindness

pc103

Jul 7, 2007
Hi

...Whenever I put in the battery after removing the screen automatically goes up to Samsung logo.

The battery insert reaction indicates stuck power button syndrome. Your power on circuit is responding as if the power button is permanently pressed. There is a lot of discussion & analysis posted on this.

When it happened on my Captivate, best solution was careful disassembly & air dusting. I did not detect any physical defect in the button or mainboard contact. the case seemed airtight and dust free. It may be there was a particle of some sort I dislodged, or residual voltage that got discharged properly during the teardown. I have used 2 apps to reduce my use of the physical button ever since. The problem never reappeared. Some people replace the button.

bachelora2001

Feb 13, 2013
S3 Swollen battery phone screen blanks while on electric charging

My S3 had a swollen battery which worked well no problem. Few days ago I was browsing on the mobile while it was charging on electric outlet. The battery power indicator showed zero percent and the mobile went off. Since than it does not go into Recovery mode nor Download mode with a new battery. The new battery is good it works on another s3. The mobile powers on without the power button being pressed when the new battery is inserted into the mobile. The white Samsung sign appears than the screen blanks. When trying to get into recovery mode blue words appear on the upper left than the screen blanks. In Recovery mode the green android man appears it blanks out too.
What can I do to fix the problem? How can I get it into Recovery Mode? I think the swollen battery had something to do with it when the battery hit zero percent. :confused:

bachelora2001

Feb 13, 2013
My S3 had a swollen battery when all this happened.

My S3 had a swollen battery which worked well no problem. Few days ago I was browsing on the mobile while it was charging on electric outlet. The battery power indicator showed zero percent and the mobile went off. Since than it does not go into Recovery mode nor Download mode with a new battery. The new battery is good it works on another s3. The mobile powers on without the power button being pressed when the new battery is inserted into the mobile. The white Samsung sign appears than the screen blanks. When trying to get into recovery mode blue words appear on the upper left than the screen blanks. In Recovery mode the green android man appears it blanks out too.
What can I do to fix the problem? How can I get it into Recovery Mode? I think the swollen battery had something to do with it when the battery hit zero percent. :confused:

The battery insert reaction indicates stuck power button syndrome. Your power on circuit is responding as if the power button is permanently pressed. There is a lot of discussion & analysis posted on this.

When it happened on my Captivate, best solution was careful disassembly & air dusting. I did not detect any physical defect in the button or mainboard contact. the case seemed airtight and dust free. It may be there was a particle of some sort I dislodged, or residual voltage that got discharged properly during the teardown. I have used 2 apps to reduce my use of the physical button ever since. The problem never reappeared. Some people replace the button.

pc103

Jul 7, 2007

The problem is in your handset now.
Normally it is designed to wait for a power button press after the battery goes in.
If yours gets turned on by battery insertion there is a hardware problem in the phone now.
The power button could be sticky
The button might be loose (no spring)
a loose particle could be shorting the power-on circuit internally
stray electrical voltage requiring complete discharge could be shorting it.

If you are not a DIY you will need someone to disassemble and air dust the phone.
Power button replacement is another option but may not be necessary.