[Q] Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Bricked... Super lost need help

Search This thread

Apr 8, 2014
So I rooted my device, and tried to unroot it because it was stuck at the blue kindle fire logo and wouldnt boot up to the actual os. Now the device only shows the orange logo, but won't go past that. Additionally, the volume up button does not make it enter fastboot. Oh and to top things off, the ADB doesnt recognize the device anymore. Instead of doing the logical thing and stopping at the first sign of an issue and coming here for help, I tried a few kindle fire recovery things from this site, but none of them seemed to make it work.

Here's what (little) else I know:
Superuser is no longer installed
I tried reinstalling Superuser.apk a while ago but system/app was read only

:crying:

Is anyone capable of helping me?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You need to enter fastboot mode, if it is a 8.9" model then a fastboot cable won't help. When it turns on it should initially show up as a jem device in the device manager, you have to install the driver when it shows up briefly, once you have the driver installed you just need to run "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" and then plug the kindle in while it is off, it should then go into fastboot where you can restore it with kindle fire first aid or SRT.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: 34158245

captainreynolds

Mar 7, 2011
You need to enter fastboot mode, if it is a 8.9" model then a fastboot cable won't help. When it turns on it should initially show up as a jem device in the device manager, you have to install the driver when it shows up briefly, once you have the driver installed you just need to run "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" and then plug the kindle in while it is off, it should then go into fastboot where you can restore it with kindle fire first aid or SRT.

I have a similar problem with mine. Could you explain a little more clearly?

"You need to enter fastboot mode, if it is a 8.9" model then a fastboot cable won't help."

Do you mean that you cannot use fastboot over a terminal/command line on a computer connected to the tablet via a USB cable? Because that has not been my experience

Last edited:

Apr 8, 2014

Okay, so I got into fastboot mode on my computer and it sees the device when I input fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product. I used SRT to flash the second option, images/system2.img and I got this confirmation:

sending 'system' (907264 KB)...

It's been 40 minutes and I haven't gotten any change/update in the command line output. How long should this take/will it make things worse if I stop it?

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I don't think things can get any worse if you pull it when it's not finished since it is the system partition, you will just have to try reflashing it again.

I have a similar problem with mine. Could you explain a little more clearly?

"You need to enter fastboot mode, if it is a 8.9" model then a fastboot cable won't help."

Do you mean that you cannot use fastboot over a terminal/command line on a computer connected to the tablet via a USB cable? Because that has not been my experience

I mean a fastboot cable normally puts a kindle into fastboot mode, that's the purpose of it. On a 8.9" model they don't do this, hence the method I mentioned. This is what I have learned from all the resources on xda, I don't have a 8.9" model to test for myself though.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Sure, wouldn't recommend it if it does that on a boot partition but there's not much else you can do when it hangs.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
If it says waiting for device and never did anything check the device manager and see if there's a jem device sitting there with a yellow triangle next to it. I'm about to nod off so let me say this, if you already did this I am half asleep so sorry for mentioning this again. Did you run "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" then plug the device in while off and it show a fastboot logo? If no then its a driver issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.