usb not working

Search This thread

ekud420

Oct 12, 2009
Troy , MI
I just got my phone back from my cousin and they flash a unoffical 4.3 version of touchwiz on it , now the usb only charges when plugged in to the pc is there any fixes for this ? I really would just like to flash the stock rom but my mac or pc won't recognize it

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-06-13-12-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-06-13-12-38.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 256

terpin32

Jul 30, 2012
I just got my phone back from my cousin and they flash a unoffical 4.3 version of touchwiz on it , now the usb only charges when plugged in to the pc is there any fixes for this ? I really would just like to flash the stock rom but my mac or pc won't recognize it

You need to put the phone intp download and get odin and flash a stock or whatever tw kernel to get it back working

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

wire-frame

Nov 7, 2012
Or if you have a custom recovery, you can flash a new one from there, just download a new rom on to the flash card..

Ps. Why not move on to 4.4.x Kit Kat ?

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.

First thing is that you should have posted this here:http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/help
Most likely it'll be moved to the q&a section, since this is the development...

More than likely this is the answer, somehow your Qualcomm Modem settings got changed.
If you are using Android 4.3 open the dial pad and dial *#0808#
Android 4.2 *#7284#

then under Qualcomm USB or USB settings it should be on MTP or MTP+ADB, it was probably on RMNET + DM + MODEM. Make the change and choose OK.
y6asy6un.jpg

All should be fine now.
Me 2¢®™

Last edited:

ekud420

Oct 12, 2009
Troy , MI
First thing is that you should have posted this here:http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/help

More than likely this is the answer, somehow your Qualcomm Modem settings got changed.
Android 4.2 *#7284#

then under Qualcomm USB or USB settings it should be on MTP or MTP+ADB, it was probably on RMNET + DM + MODEM. Make the change and choose OK.
y6asy6un.jpg

All should be fine now.
Me 2¢®™

What # in the dialer for android 4.4

rhaneyjr

Feb 10, 2012
Visalia
And never let anyone flash things on your phone. Do it yourself bud

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gregsarg

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
just wanted to chime in on that ^ -- it does not work on stock 4.4.2 (rogers) firmware - at least, not on my device; and it's vanilla, aside from the agni update to enable SD card write support, su, and twrp ^_^

*#0808# does work

Should work on stock or modded stock builds on 4.3-4.2-4.1 roms...but gimped on all 4.4 stuff to an extent...
We...or rather I...don't have a list of the working dialer codes versus gimped carrier codes...but that would be a great list to have for the 4.4 roms and our user base...

I am resisting being absolutely pissed off with the carriers and the robbery of our right to use even the most basic functions of "our" devices...
Thank you for the update on the dialer codes...g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Should work on modified CSC software like saber as rogersb suggests...
We...or rather I...don't have a list of the working dialer codes versus gimped carrier codes...but that would be a great list to have for the 4.4 roms and our user base...

I am resisting being absolutely pissed off with the carriers and the robbery of our right to use even the most basic functions of "our" devices...
Thank you for the update on the dialer codes...g

I didn't say in Saber. On the other one @gregsarg downloaded. Its different. It was sonething different

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
I didn't say in Saber. On the other one @gregsarg downloaded. Its different. It was sonething different

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My bad brother....I'll edit it...
Got my code confused there for a second.....LOL
No sleep sucks....
Thank you....g

Last edited:

Android 4.2 *#7284#

y6asy6un.jpg

All should be fine now.
Me 2¢®™

Same issue. OMG that fix worked perfectly for me!. Been messing around with custom ROMS and flashin modems so it was kinda a development problem. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How much you wanna bet *#*#4636#*#* works on your mock phone? LOL :cool::victory:

Hey !!
    Stop goofin off in my phone...LOL

OP...try saberkat for dialer code fix ...courtesy of ^^^^^^^^....g

And never let anyone flash things on your phone. Do it yourself bud

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    How much you wanna bet *#*#4636#*#* works on your mock phone? LOL :cool::victory:

just wanted to chime in on that ^ -- it does not work on stock 4.4.2 (rogers) firmware - at least, not on my device; and it's vanilla, aside from the agni update to enable SD card write support, su, and twrp ^_^

*#0808# does work