[ROM][Development/Experimental][Micromax A70][CyanogenMod from Source]

Should Micromax release the Kernel Source Code?

• It is their private property

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

abhis3k

Oct 5, 2011
Hooghly

Hi All.

I am Abhisek and I am trying to build CyanogenMod from source for our Micromax A70.

Micromax A70 is quite popular in India as a budget phone, but this device is stuck with Froyo. No more updates from Micromax as well as no kernel source from Micromax. So I am trying to build CyanogenMod from source for Micromax A70.

I am choosing CyanogenMod over AOSP as CyanogenMod supports more devices and have many patches over AOSP. So building CyanogenMod will be easier than AOSP. If successful, I will port a Oxygen/AOSP build.

I was about to give up hope until I found out how to enable ADB on Micromax A70. So I have successfully enabled ADB & obtained the system dumps. Now I can start on this project.

Current Status:

1. ADB is working perfectly.
2. System dump obtained.
3. Hardware info obtained.
4. Firmwares obtained.
5. CyanogenMod sources download in progress.
6. Currently creating the device & vendor folders.

I will keep the progress updated here. Lets hope for best.

P.S. Mods if this thread is inappropriate or in wrong forum, please do the needful. Couldn't find a better place to post this.

Last edited:

abhis3k

Oct 5, 2011
Hooghly
I will provide the adb tutorial in case anyone is interested ( that is how I got the system dump ). All credits go to mastermind1024 of androidforums.com. It's not my work, so if you have to thank, thank him. He is the one did all the adb working stuff. You can read the original post Here.

Update:

mastermind1024 is here on XDA. You can see the tutorial Here.

For me, I have to manually run /sbin/adbd from Android terminal emulator to get a working adb connection. You also have to give permission for adbd in SuperUser. FYI I use ubuntu.

If you need the boot.img & recovery.img You can follow the tutorial Here

Last edited:

Ron G

Feb 13, 2012
Mumbai
www.facebook.com

Hi All.

I am Abhisek Mukherjee and I am trying to build CyanogenMod from source for our Micromax A70.

Micromax A70 is quite popular in India as a budget phone, but this device is stuck with Froyo. No more updates from Micromax as well as no kernel source from Micromax. So I am trying to build CyanogenMod from source for Micromax A70.

I am choosing CyanogenMod over AOSP as CyanogenMod supports more devices and have many patches over AOSP. So building CyanogenMod will be easier than AOSP. If successful, I will port a Oxygen/AOSP build.

I was about to give up hope until I found out how to enable ADB on Micromax A70. So I have successfully enabled ADB & obtained the system dumps. Now I can start on this project.

Current Status:

1. ADB is working perfectly.
2. System dump obtained.
3. Hardware info obtained.
4. Firmwares obtained.
5. CyanogenMod sources download in progress.
6. Currently creating the device & vendor folders.

I will keep the progress updated here. Lets hope for best.

P.S. Mods if this thread is inappropriate or in wrong forum, please do the needful. Couldn't find a better place to post this.

you mean this rom is under development? I don't have a70 just asking. And you are on right place. Also microsoft needed to open kernel source.

abhis3k

Oct 5, 2011
Hooghly
sorry yes i mean micromax. and best for your rom. i think it's first 2.3 a70 rom?
Yes AFAIK if I succeed, this will first GB ROM for A70.

------------ edit -------------

I have tried to run ADB with root permissions. It works, but somehow adb remout does not work.

P.S.: I found the problem, the system was already r/w.

Last edited:

varun.chitre15

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
I would say NO bcoz i m from a secret team and we had ported GB to A70 and touch doesn't work in any of the Ports
Moreover u will wonder that touch doesn't work in Android 1.5,1.6 which i had ported from HTC G1 also it doesn't work in 2.1 which i ported from Micromax A60
So we need to build ROM from source which u r doing. Moreover that is not enough because as soon as sync completes then we need to enable touch drivers in BoardConfig.mk

abhis3k

Oct 5, 2011
Hooghly
I would say NO bcoz i m from a secret team and we had ported GB to A70 and touch doesn't work in any of the Ports
Moreover u will wonder that touch doesn't work in Android 1.5,1.6 which i had ported from HTC G1 also it doesn't work in 2.1 which i ported from Micromax A60
So we need to build ROM from source which u r doing. Moreover that is not enough because as soon as sync completes then we need to enable touch drivers in BoardConfig.mk
Great!! I had no idea A70 had a GB port. If you can share the details It would be easier to compile for A70.

varun.chitre15

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 23, 2011
Sangli
Binary port?
Its ported using kitchen which involves replacement of kernel.
And when sync completes, inform us here,a we will make two roms.
One with unchanged boardconfig.mk and second with modded boardconfig.mk

Sent from my Micromax_A70 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

abhis3k

Oct 5, 2011
Hooghly
Replacement of kernel includes replacing binary files including so ko and firmware files. Which are all binary. Only recompile includes a output which is not binary replacement.

Download is still at 93%. I will come back when its finished.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

Last edited:

mastermind1024

Dec 12, 2011
Gujarat, India
I am also at 91% since a week..i am getting fatal errors on sync now n then..project downloads upto abt 86%(abt 650mb) n then I get error...i had to do all again..still no luck.i wish i can finish it tonight.we (me,varun,akshay) eager to lunch rom from cm source as we have hope that changing boardconfig will give us working touch.let's see.

abhis3k

Oct 5, 2011
Hooghly
I have completed sync & also made extract-files.sh
I want others to examine & complete it if I have missed something.
@mastermind I have checked the file. Seems so good so far. I hope my sync will also complete by tonight. I am going crazy with these BSNL broadband problems :(

Have you started the build? Let me know the boardconfig.

samrox144

Apr 20, 2011
bangalore

the script doesnt have adb pull for the binary akmd2.without which sensors wont work .

and in a70 there is also a file called Focal touch.kcm and this is used by the kernel at boot i checked in dmesg .

so add this two files two ..
akmd2
focaltouch.kcm [from usr/keychars]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, uploading now ;)
    Hope it boots :D

CM7 test build
    Don't know if it works!!!

@abish3k
    Did not have that error.
    I will rewrite your folders so more of the cm-code will be used to build for best performance.
    Uploading new build!
    Will post link soon! :D

And up!
    Please let me know! :D

update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-full_a70-KANG-signed.zip
    What error do you get, perhaps I can help you with it.
    I'm one of the devs working on ics/cm9 for LG P500 :D

Ah, well, syncing cm7 now (luckily my connection is better than the Indian one :D)
    Will try to build with your device and vendor folders to see what errors I get and will try to solve them ;)
    extract-files.sh

Can you also give me libgsl.so (or else egl-folder)?

Guess I need to rewrite some things later, but first let us try to complete building :D