[APP][ROOT] Market Unlocker/Enabler

Search This thread

corei7qm

Jan 24, 2011
Salzburg
Yes, just long press on the provider you would fake, choose your option,
Then, kill market (with taskkiller or long press back button or press 1 000 000 times the back button til the home screan appears) then open market again and now your specific privider is faked!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

neshro

Apr 18, 2012
No, just long press on the provider you would fake, choose your option,
Then, kill market (with taskkiller or long press back button or press 1 000 000 times the back button til the home screan appears) then open market again and now your specific privider is faked!

Killed it by task killer, i still keep getting a "we got a problem housten" !! :D

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA

neshro

Apr 18, 2012
I'm sorry, but what is this application all about?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

It sets a fake provider so you appear to google play as if u were in a different country so u can get apps that are designated for countries other than urs

neshro

Apr 18, 2012
Just rooted my phone, app works now. It needs a Root for sure. Thanks!

Intellectua1

May 8, 2012
Seattle, Wa.
Works.. Haven't found a use for it yet being that I have no clue what apps are available outside the US that I'd want but I'm keeping it on my device until I find a reason to need it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

pFo-Mac

Jan 29, 2012
Seoul
Many thanks for this. Moving back overseas, and this will allow me to keep my apps updated. Thanks again.

sonnet420

Feb 7, 2011
cant get to work

ive tried it and all i get is t-mobile stuff still. I'm running arhd 2.2.1 which is based on the leaked ics build i believe. I've changed it through the app to different providers and it doesn't do much.

this app looks almost exactly like this one: Market Enabler. From what I saw, the only difference was the icon. It has the exact same markets to choose from.

This is their webpage: Market Enabler webpage. It's minimal, and pretty bare bones.

Other useful information:
Wiki Mobile Network Codes. This gives a list of codes for carriers world wide which can be used in the "set custom"

If this is the same app, then key information to know:
Market Enabler said:
Do I need to donate to get this working?
No, definitly not.
A donate is an appriciation to the developer/s but it's not the same as buying a software.

In case of MarketEnabler, a donate will get you a donate key that removes ads from the application and adds some beta functions that are still in testing.

I donated trough PayPal but haven't received the donate key
Please look into your SPAM folder as it is an automated script that sends you the key.
If you don't get an answer after 24 hours, please email me at marketenabler@rac.su.

I only get "we have a problem houston :("
Are you sure that you have a working su binary and busybox (or at least the killall command) installed and granted root rights to MarketEnabler when it got requested?

Preconditions
#1 root
To be able to change the systems runtime configuration (what MarketEnabler does) you will need access as a root user to the system.
MarketEnabler expects that you will have a file called "su" on your system (and in the global path) that will open a root shell.

#2 busybox
The commands that are used, are not always part of the Android system.
Most rooted phones have busybox on board as it's common to install it during the rooting process or included in most custom roms.

If you don't have busybox, I recommend using the busybox installer from stericson on the market.

Superm@π

Dec 30, 2011
So this app is awesome! Just tested it on vlc beta and it worked. What other apps or suggestions do people have for apps that are location specific?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

David Sean

Sep 14, 2012
Anonymous
What is the difference between market unlocker and market enabler?

I have a questions?

What is the difference between market unlocker and market enabler?

I am really confused.

And second question how to root Samsung Galaxy Y(GT-S353600)?

If i root my phone it will be/shall be deleting my data?

I need help could somone help me!!:)

Thank You i will be waiting for reply.

Note: I am only/May be available in this days(Friday,Saturday And Sunday)/ or Only/May be in Samsung Galaxy Y(GT-S353600).

Last edited:

sordatos

Sep 15, 2012
Not working

Is not doing anything. I long press chose one of the US carriers and enter Market (which I had previously killed) and nothing, I still get the same apps of my country. (im already root)

What is happening?

Last edited:
Reactions: E-POUND

tltan86

Jun 30, 2011
Is not doing anything. I long press chose one of the US carriers and enter Market (which I had previously killed) and nothing, I still get the same apps of my country. (im already root)

What is happening?

Make sure you kill Google Play Store from "Manage Apps > All" first.

Alternatively, you can do it manually:

1. Kill Google Play Store from "Manage Apps > All".
2. Go to MarketEnabler, under "Set custom" tab, input that specific country market code you wanted to visit.
3. Select "Set to this values".
4. Go to Google Play Store.
5. Enjoy! :D

or try this another MarketEnabler (previously MarketEnabler Codes) app: https://plus.google.com/110853353138524936530/posts

Last edited:
Reactions: loonylupin

MSprecher

Sep 30, 2010
Hannover
Make sure you kill Google Play Store from "Manage Apps > All" first.

Alternatively, you can do it manually:

1. Kill Google Play Store from "Manage Apps > All".
2. Go to MarketEnabler, under "Set custom" tab, input that specific country market code you wanted to visit.
3. Select "Set to this values".
4. Go to Google Play Store.
5. Enjoy! :D
[/url]

Thanks a lot, works like a charm!

Reactions: Superm@π

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those, who are searching for an Market Enabler/Unlocker...since Google deleted them!!!
    There you go!!
    this app looks almost exactly like this one: Market Enabler. From what I saw, the only difference was the icon. It has the exact same markets to choose from.

This is their webpage: Market Enabler webpage. It's minimal, and pretty bare bones.

Other useful information:
    Wiki Mobile Network Codes. This gives a list of codes for carriers world wide which can be used in the "set custom"

If this is the same app, then key information to know:
    Market Enabler said:
    Do I need to donate to get this working?
    No, definitly not.
    A donate is an appriciation to the developer/s but it's not the same as buying a software.

In case of MarketEnabler, a donate will get you a donate key that removes ads from the application and adds some beta functions that are still in testing.

I donated trough PayPal but haven't received the donate key
    Please look into your SPAM folder as it is an automated script that sends you the key.
    If you don't get an answer after 24 hours, please email me at marketenabler@rac.su.

I only get "we have a problem houston :("
    Are you sure that you have a working su binary and busybox (or at least the killall command) installed and granted root rights to MarketEnabler when it got requested?

Preconditions
    #1 root
    To be able to change the systems runtime configuration (what MarketEnabler does) you will need access as a root user to the system.
    MarketEnabler expects that you will have a file called "su" on your system (and in the global path) that will open a root shell.

#2 busybox
    The commands that are used, are not always part of the Android system.
    Most rooted phones have busybox on board as it's common to install it during the rooting process or included in most custom roms.

If you don't have busybox, I recommend using the busybox installer from stericson on the market.
    Yes, just long press on the provider you would fake, choose your option,

Hi guys,

Having just moved to Australia from the UK, I am looking for a method of opening up the play store to install Australian apps, like my new banking and network provider apps over here. I do not believe a VPN will work anymore for most people, because if the app restriction was based on connection, me being IN Australia connecting to Australian Networks on my Australian service would in theory allow me to install Australian Apps.

Speaking to Google, they have confirmed to me that your location is now based off of the address and payment method on your Google Account. As follows:

"The content available in Google Play varies by country, and we use your home address in your Google payments service account to help determine which version of Google Play you see.

If you're having issues viewing your country's version of Google Play, please try the following troubleshooting steps (ideally using a browser on a desktop or laptop computer, but on a mobile device will work also):

Sign into **google payments URL** and click the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
    Click Edit next to the "Home address" listed and update the address (please note this is different from the "Address book" which holds shipping addresses).
    Open the Google Play website and navigate to any paid item available for download at **Google Play Apps URL**.
    Click to begin a download until you reach the 'Accept and buy' screen (no need to complete the purchase).
    Close Google Play and clear your browser cache if you're on a desktop or laptop computer.
    Wait 30 minutes.
    Re-open Google Play. You should now see content that matches the country in your home address.
    If these steps don't resolve your issue, you can also try purchasing a paid app and refunding it within the 2-hour return window in place of Step 4 above; however, returns like this can only be done in the Play Store app at this time."

Hopefully this helps anyone struggling with VPN's - although ideally I don't want to be changing my Address and payment details as my move is temporary- I don't appreciate Google insisting I screw around with my Payment methods e.t.c. But it seems I have no choice at the moment.
    Ugh market enabler still not working.

What has google done? :(

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app

+1 tunnelbear what i use works perfect gives u 1.5 GB here is the apk link :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?oaiiae4itvjkj3j

Cheers