Battery increased while not charging, normal?

Search This thread

smolck

Jun 4, 2010
Can anyone explain this? Last night my phone GAINED 20% battery while I slept. How is this possible? See the pic, phone was NOT plugged in......????

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355718134416.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355718134416.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 300
D

Deleted member 3452239

Can anyone explain this? Last night my phone GAINED 20% battery while I slept. How is this possible? See the pic, phone was NOT plugged in......????

ummm.. WHAT, lol.

Closest thing i've had to that is, phone says 85%. boot into recovery or shutdown phone, restart and it says like 90%

are you good at photoshop? :silly: :cyclops: :p

smolck

Jun 4, 2010
ummm.. WHAT, lol.

Closest thing i've had to that is, phone says 85%. boot into recovery or shutdown phone, restart and it says like 90%

are you good at photoshop? :silly: :cyclops: :p

Yea, note the significant spike at 70%, that was from plugging it in to charge. So you can see the uptick overnight was more gradual

D

Deleted member 3452239

Yea, note the significant spike at 70%, that was from plugging it in to charge. So you can see the uptick overnight was more gradual

I figured it out.
history_channel_alien_guy_meme_generator_aliens_98f63b.jpg

Or maybe there was some electromagnetic field given off by something that charged your battery? (which I HIGHLY doubt) :confused:

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
Battery meter =| battery charge

The meter reading is only an approximation and can get confused at times. This is why you can see the apparent charge drop 20% or more after a reboot. I can't say as I've ever seen it increase like that but I'm sure it's possible. Something was probably going on in the background that screwed it up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I agree with iElvis. Its just a metering correction. The voltage didn't actually increase. Just the approximation of voltage to percent battery, which is just a relative number anyway, not a real "measurement".