[S-OFF] revone s-off

Search This thread

dd98

May 19, 2013
I have found that revone s-off originally for the HTC One/Droid DNA works on the One S. You MUST be rooted for this to work. Super CID is NOT required. I do NOT take any credit for this, I just want to bring it to your atention. All the credit goes to @ieftm who made this tool.

HTC One revone s-off link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314582
HTC Droid DNA revone s-off link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314706

NOTE
Please do not ask me if this works on any other firmware other than 3.16.401.8/9. Unfortunately I cannot tell you or test it with your firmware. Please try it at least and if it WORKED, comment below and I will add it to the list below.

CONFIRMED working on:
3.16.401.8/9 WWE

If you are not rooted or on stock rom you can root by downloading Kingo Android Root from here. You need a Windows PC or a Mac/Linux running Wine Windows Program Loader

Instructions
1. Download revone here.

2. Connect your phone with USB Debugging On and open a Command/Terminal window.

3. cd to the folder containing revone.

4. Type in the following:
Code:
adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp/
chmod 755 revone

5. Prepare your phone by typing:
Code:
./revone -P

6. If you get a message saying "success" then proceed to step 7.
**If your phone reboots then wait 2 minutes and try again from step 3.
**If you are told to reboot then do so and try again from step 3.
**If you get an error and your phone does not reboot or if you are not told to reboot then you can try step 7 but not guaranteed to work.

7. To s-off using revone type in:
Code:
./revone -s 0 -u

8. If it reported success type in:
Code:
exit
adb reboot bootloader

9. You should now see s-off. If not try again.

10. Here are some OPTIONAL commands:
Code:
./revone -u (Unlocks the bootloader)
./revone -l (Locks the bootloader with locked message)(Important for warranty reasons)
./revone -r (Relocks the bootloader with relocked message)
./revone -t (Removes the tampered message)

Please hit the thanks button here and here if this helped.​

Last edited:

dd98

May 19, 2013
at least now we can unlock bootloader without htcdev or losing data, i've tested all of the commands myself and can confirm they all work

Reactions: El_Svanto

dd98

May 19, 2013
it should, i tried it with 3.16.401.8 and please tell me if it does work

dd98

May 19, 2013
@Bricolo_fr i added program called kingo android root which supports the htc one s and doesnt require a bootloader unlock

Last edited:

Speeder975

Feb 20, 2013
i get 'unable to open revone: permission denied' when doing the chmod 755 revone command... what do?

I assume you're doing it straight from the phone, so try the "su" command before you start all the other commands (which is done by simply typing in "su".)

I have aquestion of my own also... On the "./revone -P" command, I get a "revone failed (error code = 1)". What do I do about this? I'm trying to do it straight from the terminal emulator by he way.

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I assume you're doing it straight from the phone, so try the "su" command before you start all the other commands (which is done by simply typing in "su".)

I have aquestion of my own also... On the "./revone -P" command, I get a "revone failed (error code = 1)". What do I do about this? I'm trying to do it straight from the terminal emulator by he way.

You haven't read too much from those links in OP aren't you? If you have done that, you've noticed that the same error was discussed there as well. Shortly, you are either on the wrong ROM to try revone or you should reboot till it works. If after rebooting several times you got the same error, then you might need to flash first a ROM as close to stock as possible... Viper could be an option but I'm not sure cause I didn't try

Sent from nowhere over the air...

Speeder975

Feb 20, 2013
You haven't read too much from those links in OP aren't you? If you have done that, you've noticed that the same error was discussed there as well. Shortly, you are either on the wrong ROM to try revone or you should reboot till it works. If after rebooting several times you got the same error, then you might need to flash first a ROM as close to stock as possible... Viper could be an option but I'm not sure cause I didn't try

Sent from nowhere over the air...

I DID read those links. Tried about 4 different ROMS, two of which were Sense-based. Oddly enough, Viper is a ROM I haven't tried yet... I'll do that

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I DID read those links. Tried about 4 different ROMS, two of which were Sense-based. Oddly enough, Viper is a ROM I haven't tried yet... I'll do that
OK, sorry I presumed wrongly...try Viper also. I remember in the first days of the S-Off "thing",, it was one of the ROMs of choice for starting this. I was never trying S-Off since I don't needed but I've read alot about it and the ways of achieving it.

floppes

Mar 25, 2012
Mannheim
This looks like the perfect solution to get S-OFF without losing all my data. But I can't even get root with Kingo. It tells me "Root Failed! The current status of your device is S-ON, please go to "Tools"=>"HTC UnlockBootloader" to unlock it to S-OFF and try again." I know this is the wrong thread for Kingo questions, but maybe someone on his way to S-OFF has solved the problem? Btw: Where is this "Tools" menu?

I'm stuck in an endless loop here :(

Bjorn_D

Nov 17, 2012
hi i got this message after step 5

Gaining root access (thanks to Dan's motochopper)...Segmentation fault
139|shell@ville:/data/local/tmp $

whats the problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have found that revone s-off originally for the HTC One/Droid DNA works on the One S. You MUST be rooted for this to work. Super CID is NOT required. I do NOT take any credit for this, I just want to bring it to your atention. All the credit goes to @ieftm who made this tool.

HTC One revone s-off link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314582
    HTC Droid DNA revone s-off link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2314706

NOTE
    Please do not ask me if this works on any other firmware other than 3.16.401.8/9. Unfortunately I cannot tell you or test it with your firmware. Please try it at least and if it WORKED, comment below and I will add it to the list below.

CONFIRMED working on:
    3.16.401.8/9 WWE

If you are not rooted or on stock rom you can root by downloading Kingo Android Root from here. You need a Windows PC or a Mac/Linux running Wine Windows Program Loader

Instructions
    1. Download revone here.

2. Connect your phone with USB Debugging On and open a Command/Terminal window.

3. cd to the folder containing revone.

4. Type in the following:
    Code:
    adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell
    cd /data/local/tmp/
    chmod 755 revone

5. Prepare your phone by typing:
    Code:
    ./revone -P

6. If you get a message saying "success" then proceed to step 7.
    **If your phone reboots then wait 2 minutes and try again from step 3.
    **If you are told to reboot then do so and try again from step 3.
    **If you get an error and your phone does not reboot or if you are not told to reboot then you can try step 7 but not guaranteed to work.

7. To s-off using revone type in:
    Code:
    ./revone -s 0 -u

8. If it reported success type in:
    Code:
    exit
    adb reboot bootloader

9. You should now see s-off. If not try again.

10. Here are some OPTIONAL commands:
    Code:
    ./revone -u (Unlocks the bootloader)
    ./revone -l (Locks the bootloader with locked message)(Important for warranty reasons)
    ./revone -r (Relocks the bootloader with relocked message)
    ./revone -t (Removes the tampered message)

Please hit the thanks button here and here if this helped.​
    at least now we can unlock bootloader without htcdev or losing data, i've tested all of the commands myself and can confirm they all work