[Q] Problem after unlocking bootloader with Freegee

Search This thread

ramicba

Jun 9, 2013
Córdoba
Hi Guys,

I recently unlocked the bootloader of my Optimus G (E987 flashed to E975) using Freegee (Downloaded from the market) and installed TWRP. I did a back up of the EFS partition before this.

Now, I'm having some weird issues when charging the phone while it's off. I noticed that I have a new charging animation and after a few seconds it disappears like the screen it's going to turn off but it never does!! It stays on a black/gray screen but is still on as you can see the brightness. It never turns off! Also, if I unplugged the phone and hit the power button the screen turns on and the charging animation appears, like the phone was still charging :/

I need some help! I downloaded an alternative bootloader. What should I do? Should I flash the alternative bootloader and will this solve the problem?

thanks!!

nch26

Jun 14, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.youtube.com
Hi Guys,

I recently unlocked the bootloader of my Optimus G (E987 flashed to E975) using Freegee (Downloaded from the market) and installed TWRP. I did a back up of the EFS partition before this.

Now, I'm having some weird issues when charging the phone while it's off. I noticed that I have a new charging animation and after a few seconds it disappears like the screen it's going to turn off but it never does!! It stays on a black/gray screen but is still on as you can see the brightness. It never turns off! Also, if I unplugged the phone and hit the power button the screen turns on and the charging animation appears, like the phone was still charging :/

I need some help! I downloaded an alternative bootloader. What should I do? Should I flash the alternative bootloader and will this solve the problem?

thanks!!

Do you selected MAKO bootloader, or STOCK bootloader?
I will explain quickly. STOCK bootloader had that problem, you cant charge your phone when its off. We have the MAKO alternative because it work fine, i mean you can charge it off.

PD: im from Argentina too:good:

Reactions: ramicba

ramicba

Jun 9, 2013
Córdoba
I will explain quickly. STOCK bootloader had that problem, you cant charge your phone when its off. We have the MAKO alternative because it work fine, i mean you can charge it off.

Hi!! I installed the STOCK bootloader :/ So what's the solution? What can I do now to fix this? Should I "unblock" the bootloader again installing MAKO bootloader? I also downloaded, from the forum, an alternative bootloader (cwm-geeb-4-3-z20i-bootloader_only.zip).

By the way, I didn't see an option to send you a private message!

Muchas gracias!!! :D

nch26

Jun 14, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.youtube.com
Hi!! I installed the STOCK bootloader :/ So what's the solution? What can I do now to fix this? Should I "unblock" the bootloader again installing MAKO bootloader? I also downloaded, from the forum, an alternative bootloader (cwm-geeb-4-3-z20i-bootloader_only.zip).

By the way, I didn't see an option to send you a private message!

Muchas gracias!!! :D

You can flash the bootloader that you download, i did this one time. In my case when flash bootloader from recovery no problems. you should dont have problems.
Maybe i dont have the option active?

ramicba

Jun 9, 2013
Córdoba
it is better not to unlock bootloader .. it causing problems only... on LGs ..

I did it cause I needed to solve the baseband issue after flashing my E987 to E975...Freegee has an option to "re-lock" I think it's to install stock recovery and bootloader but I don't have any of those, do you know where I could get them?

You can flash the bootloader that you download, i did this one time. In my case when flash bootloader from recovery no problems. you should dont have problems.
Maybe i dont have the option active?

I installed the bootloader that you told me (wm-geeb-4-3-z20i-bootloader_only.zip) but I'm still having the same problem, I don't know what else to do to solve this. I wouldn't want to go back to the stock ROM, I like this one =/

The only problem is that the screen doesn't completely turns off while charging the phone when it's off.

nch26

Jun 14, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.youtube.com
I did it cause I needed to solve the baseband issue after flashing my E987 to E975...Freegee has an option to "re-lock" I think it's to install stock recovery and bootloader but I don't have any of those, do you know where I could get them?

I installed the bootloader that you told me (wm-geeb-4-3-z20i-bootloader_only.zip) but I'm still having the same problem, I don't know what else to do to solve this. I wouldn't want to go back to the stock ROM, I like this one =/

The only problem is that the screen doesn't completely turns off while charging the phone when it's off.

Is not a ROM problem, is a bootloader problem. With mako i dont have this issue. But i hear that some people have issues charging with phone off.
with any bootloader. simple charge it with phone on, or restore bootloader backup and go to stock rom...

igli83

Mar 28, 2011
Italy
Is not a ROM problem, is a bootloader problem. With mako i dont have this issue. But i hear that some people have issues charging with phone off.
with any bootloader. simple charge it with phone on, or restore bootloader backup and go to stock rom...

hmmm... i install mahdi rom ... and i don't notice this issue. than it's not just a bootloader prob i think.anyway!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

thanks!!