Gravitybox with other modules?

Search This thread

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
On 4.2, I was using Motoxposed with advanced power menu, volume unlink, a couple other xposed modules.

Now on 4.4.2 (unlocked, rooted, AT&T) and have Gravitybox, but would like to hide the AT&T carrier in the status bar.

Wondering if it's safe to combine with this module?: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.penree.android.xposed.hidecarriermotox
I've seen in the "post your home screens" thread, some on AT&T have mentioned they're using Gravitybox with other mods to hide the AT&T carrier from status bar, they didn't mention what they were using.

Also, have a Nandroid backup question, now that I have a custom recovery (TWRP), as the backup takes so much space, and we're limited on our phones, was thinking I have Titanium Backup for data, as that was the biggest part of it, to maybe not backup data as part of the nandroid to save space? then was thinking as to the ROM it's stock, I could just reflash it if needed...does anyone just keep the ROM and recovery? does anyone just keep the copy of the backup in cloud storage and delete it from the phone's memory? (though I guess would be a good deal more difficult to restore if not on the phone) I guess I'm wondering what parts of a nandroid backup would be most essential to get the phone back up and running if there was an issue?

Thanks for any suggestions! :)

Last edited:

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
Has anyone used gravitybox in addition to an xposed module for the status bar?

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
Thanks, though wasn't asking about using Motoxposed, just mentioned I used to use it, I am using gravitybox, was asking about compatibility of gravitybox with other xposed modules, like the one I mentioned, to hide the AT&T carrier text in the status bar :)
Thanks

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app

nhizzat

Mar 12, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 6T
y0Jb0hJ.jpg

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
I believe that is for the notification drawer, not the status bar :)

Sent from my XT1058 using xda app-developers app

nhizzat

Mar 12, 2011
Google Pixel 3
OnePlus 6T
You're right. Verizon doesn't put any branding into the status bar so I couldn't wrap my head around what you were asking. Didn't know ATT puts their name in the top left corner, my bad!

I've combined modules without issue before. These two together working cause any issues.

M973

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
I guess I can just try another module for status bar with gravitybox and hope it doesn't cause issues, i just wanted to see if anyone had experience with one in particular to know before having issues