[Q] Cannot install game due to lack of memory.

Search This thread

Kwipper

Feb 12, 2012
Rolling Meadows, IL
soundcloud.com
I have an LG Optimus F3 (Virgin Mobile) and it has a 4GB internal memory. Of that, only 1.23 GB is free for installing apps and roms. The game I want to download and run is Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour which is almost 2GB.

1.) I have my device rooted

2.) I have Link2SD installed

3.) I have a 32GB MicroSD card installed. 21GB is parititioned in FAT32, while the remaining space left is in EXT2.

4.) The install location in Link2SD is set to External

I am still getting "Insufficent space" errors whenever I try to download this game from the marketplace. I thought Link2SD was supposed to fix this. I know I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure it out. Please help. I am at my wits end.

Last edited:

Ragkhuza

Mar 6, 2014
I have an LG Optimus F3 (Virgin Mobile) and it has a 4GB internal memory. Of that, only 1.23 GB is free for installing apps and roms. The game I want to download and run is Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour which is almost 2GB.

1.) I have my device rooted

2.) I have Link2SD installed

3.) I have a 32GB MicroSD card installed. 21GB is parititioned in FAT32, while the remaining space left is in EXT2.

4.) The install location in Link2SD is set to External

I am still getting "Insufficent space" errors whenever I try to download this game from the marketplace. I thought Link2SD was supposed to fix this. I know I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure it out. Please help. I am at my wits end.

I suggest that you uninstall apps that you don't need/use and/or remove bloatwares.
Since you're rooted, I Recommend to integrate the updates of your system apps to your Rom.
You're baffled. Android phone has four parts of where the data goes. System Rom, Internal, Internal Sdcard(SDcard0), External Sdcard(SDcard1).
The 2GB game you want to download is going to use your configured Sdcard0 and your internal memory which needs to have 2GB Free of memory or more in total. As far as I see your Internal Sdcard is set as your Sdcard0 whilst your Micro Sdcard is set as your Sdcard1. In that case Link2SD Won't help you, since apps use Sdcard0 to store it's data NOT Sdcard1. Meaning Link2Sd will just move the data of your Game to your internal sdcard(Sdcard0). To solve this you need to SWAP your Internal Sdcard and Micro Sdcard. Means from "Internal SdCard(SdCard0) : Micro SdCard(SdCard1) TO Internal SdCard(SdCard1) : Micro SdCard(SdCard1)".So Link2SD can move the data of the Game you want to download to your Micro Sdcard(Sdcard0) via Edting vold.fstab at System/etc/vold.fstab.

If you liked my work kindly press my thanks button.

Last edited: