[Q] Lock pin file location

Search This thread

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
So, on previous phones you could simply delete the /data/system/password.key file to disable the lockscreen password. Does anyone happen to know where Samsung has put it?

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
/data/system/locksettings.db-*
/data/system/gesture.key
/data/system/sparepassword.key
/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
/data/system/locksettings.db-*
/data/system/gesture.key
/data/system/sparepassword.key
/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

Thanks, but,

locksettings.db-* is simply information for what type of lockscreen, it sadly does not hold the value for the lock pin/password you set.
gesture.key does hold the pattern you selected.
sparepassword.key holds the pin you chose for your backup pin from the pattern.
settings.db is just a database for the general settings

I cannot for the life of me figure out where the "password.key" file is. I think Samsung changed this location. But according to the source code, it should be the same location. -.-

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I figured it out.

System property, security.mdpp needs to be set to "None" in order for it to use the standard path. I'm not sure where its putting it if that is set to Ready. The smali is hard to follow. But i got it working properly now :) Thanks!

Reactions: fffft

daniello8

Sep 13, 2008
Berlin
Hi, my security.mdpp is set to "None" by default but still I get no password.key file. I used Delayed Lock successfully on my Galaxy S4 but it won't work well on my S5 since it heavily relies on that file to also do the unlocking, when another admin is active that requires PIN Lock.

I am looking for an information on how to get back the S4 behaviour referring to that file.

?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I figured it out.

System property, security.mdpp needs to be set to "None" in order for it to use the standard path. I'm not sure where its putting it if that is set to Ready. The smali is hard to follow. But i got it working properly now :) Thanks!