HTC Unlock Is now working

Search This thread

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Not sure if anyone posted this but the HTC Unlocking procedure works after the OTA update. I unlocked my friend's bootloader using the directions on the htcdev site (even though it says unlocking is only available for the sensation currently)

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

Johnabis

May 19, 2011
I read on goodandevo.net that its supposed to erase all the contacts and everything else that you changed on the phone. that it basically reverts it to stock. is that true?

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
Nice man...thanks for being the n00b...I mean tester...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I noticed that it says S-On, can you flash a custom recovery via bootloader?

I was able to flash clockwork mod. TWP didnt boot and just rebooted the phone when I tried to go into recovery. I dont have any roms here to flash and I'm leaving in a few for a final I have. BUT I did pop my memory card in there and am going through a restore now

spencer88

Apr 19, 2010
Columbia, SC
I was able to flash clockwork mod. TWP didnt boot and just rebooted the phone when I tried to go into recovery. I dont have any roms here to flash and I'm leaving in a few for a final I have. BUT I did pop my memory card in there and am going through a restore now

You have some balls to use their method to unlock if that's your only EVO 3D lol

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
You have some balls to use their method to unlock if that's your only EVO 3D lol

I don't see why people are so scared to use the method. Yes you loose your warranty, but honestly how many people have used warranty to fix a phone? I personally have NEVER, but have used insurance 3 times over the last 10 years.

DeMiNe0

Dec 13, 2007
i use htc unlock but cant get the recovery load just reboots...tried both custom recoverys

^ Thats why i don't use the HTC Unlock.

S-ON will always be on using HTC's method. I believe it's to keep you from flashing the radio. If I'm correct the only extra thing you can actually flash with htc's unlocker is the system, data and boot partition. Or certain recovery's authorized by HTC can be flashed.

graffixnyc

Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I wonder if you can run the fastboot command "setsecureflag" if that will change the S-ON to S-OFF.

Hmm ill try when I get home. It's not my phone. It's my friends. Hehe mine has been s-off since the day it was released.

Ok so can't flash splash screens. I tried flashing it via fastboot and the zip. When i try in fastboot I get a bootloader signiture error. When i try the zip it starts to parse it but then boots me out. Engine hboot zip did the same thing. While its partially unlocked I think they still locked down some things. Fastboot erase recovery errors out saying not allowed.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

umbra6

Dec 7, 2007
Loxahatchee, FL
Why? HTC makes the phone and software for it. Their methods are better than finding hacks and holes in the software to push the things needed for s-off, etc.

This is also what differentiates a tester and a follower...trying it out for yourself :).

Edit...quoted the wrong part...should have quoted the having balls part...

.TeeJay.

Jun 28, 2011
I have used my warranty Prolly 10 times in the last 3 years. Good luck with your EVO and if it screws up your screwed

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
Can someone show me the quoted text from HTC's site that says if you unlock using their method that your warranty is void. Or is everyone just assuming this because they want your serial number to unlock.

Top Liked Posts