[Kernel-OC/UV] Infusion-GB Now with 2 Cores! Choose your Bake today!

Search This thread

mrzzheng

Jan 15, 2009
IL, US
just curious if its time to add BLN to the kernel, since it's already been added to SGS2 ROMs, and it feels like the only major thing left to the infuse kernel. (oh, and of course hdmi output, which depends on the att official gb kernel).

bedwa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
Only thing I have to say is to please remember that this phone is a cross breed of the SGS and SGS II, thus not always being aligned with kernel code. I'll look at it again, but governors come first. Though I do think I have a working InteractiveX that has proper frequency ranges depending on CPU load. ;)

Last edited:

strychninetwitch

Sep 19, 2011
It's never time to add BLN, I think bedwa knows that it often does nothing more than crash the Infuse a lot. It's nice to have, but it's like installing every virus you could find on the internet to your computer.

But I'm not here to put words in bedwa's mouth, that's just my two cents.

rikochet33

Feb 15, 2011
Can I install this kernel on GTG's: Infused v2.2.3 or I should leave the original kernel that comes with this ROM?

Last edited:

rikochet33

Feb 15, 2011
I'm using it right now. Works great.

Sent from my Bad Azz Infuse....using xda premium of course!

all right!, I used this on 2.0.1 at 1600 mhz, and without any issues... but good to hear that runs on 2.2.3, so another question: there are any differences in performance between 2.2.3 and 2.01 with infused kernel? worth the way to install this OC kernel on it? or its enough to use the GTG's Infused krnl?

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
just curious if its time to add BLN to the kernel, since it's already been added to SGS2 ROMs, and it feels like the only major thing left to the infuse kernel. (oh, and of course hdmi output, which depends on the att official gb kernel).

GS2 and Infuse have completely different touchkey hardware.

There's basically nothing we can lift from the GS2 in that regard.

It may be possible to get a stable BLN implementation, but it's kind of bottom priority now as the cost/benefit ratio is crap. (e.g. it's a kinda minor nice-to-have feature that is proving to be a MAJOR pain in the ass on our device.)

Reactions: bedwa

djbrian52

Feb 23, 2010
Cave Creek(Phoenix), AZ
all right!, I used this on 2.0.1 at 1600 mhz, and without any issues... but good to hear that runs on 2.2.3, so another question: there are any differences in performance between 2.2.3 and 2.01 with infused kernel? worth the way to install this OC kernel on it? or its enough to use the GTG's Infused krnl?

Imho, this ROM is solid with or without OC'ing. You can't go wrong with either option.

Sent from my Bad Azz Infuse....using xda premium of course!

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
Is there anything i can do to fix lag that a fresh install of 1.1 caused? Do i have to disable some frwuencies or something?

bedwa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
Is there anything i can do to fix lag that a fresh install of 1.1 caused? Do i have to disable some frwuencies or something?

Yes. Plus Interactive X as it is doesn't go over stock. I'm working on it atm. I've got the frequency thing fixed, now to get the right balance between core load/underload for the frequency ranges to hit.

strychninetwitch

Sep 19, 2011
Weird.. For me it's using disabled frequencies with conservative governor, I have it set to 1600, 1200, 800, 400, 200, 100 and it's using 1400 and 1000

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
If the percentages for the disabled frequencies are staying small, what might be happening is that they are being used during bootup prior to Voltage Control or SetCPU doing its thing.

Had the same thing with the voltage control bug in Daily Driver - once you enabled VC, 1.2 GHz would sometimes get disabled, but it would have a small percentage from that frequency being active prior to SetCPU starting.

More importantly - check the count/total time in frequency for disabled frequencies shortly after boot. If you check a few hours later and they haven't changed, disabling is working, it's just that they enable until SetCPU or VC do their thing.

strychninetwitch

Sep 19, 2011
17 minutes at 1000MHz, been on for about 20 minutes. So yeah... Just putting that out there.

Edit: realized it's having one of those artard sessions where it stays at a minimum of 800 for the whole session until I reboot the phone, no matter what I change. I don't know if this is the kernel though, could be some invisible app eating my CPU.

Moar editbell: I dunno, phone's being very odd tonight, it thinks the minimum clock I set is 800MHz or 1000MHz (changes sometimes) because with the powersave gov it bottoms out at 1000 or 800 (changes randomly...). Tried re-installing voltage control, deleting settings, didn't seem to affect it.

Last edited:

SSJ_Gomike

May 23, 2009
Miami
If I use android system info from the market it shows me the percentage that the processor spends at each of the speeds.... I find that the disabled speeds are at about 2%, with the enabled speeds at least 10% each...

However many times the same app or even quadrant will show current speed as a disabled one..

Sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G - 1.6ghz

strychninetwitch

Sep 19, 2011
Bedwa you can ignore my previous post, I determined that the Infused install screwed itself up somehow (probably one of those few bad memory sectors..) because every kernel was messing up. Reset to stock froyo, trying to avoid seeing what CPU states it's using how much because ignorance is bliss, amirite? I was up since 4AM trying to fix it, I think I'm going to stay clear of any non-ATT ROMs for a while.

Last edited:

snoopdaclown

May 18, 2011
Reading, PA
www.facebook.com
Your not actually telling it not to use the freqs. Your telling it not to UV those freqs that's why you select/Deselect in UV settings. If you want to only use 5 freqs set your Max to 1.4 and get rid of 100 or have it at 1.6 and get rid of 100 and 200 with the min and Max sliders, that's the only way not to use freqs unless bedwa gets rid of freqs like he did before on previous kernels like the froyo one. He should have three versions one stock freqs one that goes to 1.4 that only uses 5 freqs total and 1.6 that uses 5 cause I read that bedwa and i think entropy said that the device works better just switching between 5 freqs then 6 or 7

I though you don't actually disable freqs cause I tried that before and it hit them after disabling them. Could of swore it just disables UV/ov on those. Cause it never worked for me to disable freqs cause it would still use them.

Sent from my Haxsung Infused 4G powered by Infusion

Last edited:

Entropy512

Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
I believe that with the clocking/voltage control code in Bedwa's kernel, there is supposed to be the ability to add/remove frequencies from the voltage table.

It's a capability that's not in my kernel since I only have the stock frequencies. Plus, the fancier your voltage control mechanism is, the more likely you are to introduce a bug. ;)

Also, with the conservative governor tuning patch (which I THINK bedwa pulled in), it can step through frequencies much faster, making it less necessary to disable frequencies.

snoopdaclown

May 18, 2011
Reading, PA
www.facebook.com
I'm using infusion and in VC or setcpu I would click on them and they would go red and i would save them and then in the widget it would show it hitting those freqs. That's why I'm guessing it disables UV and ov to those freqs not actually disabling them.

Sent from my Haxsung Infused 4G powered by Infusion

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm back with Gingerbread Kernel goodness for all.

As always, I am not responsible for Borking for phone if you do. It's your brick, you made it. ;)

Note: Only works with SAMSUNG roms, not AOSP based roms. In addition, if moving from 1.1 to core-A/B please remove boot settings in Voltage Control before flashing.

Includes:
    Voodoo Sound 10
    Voodoo Lagfix
    Insecure boot (ro.secure=0)
    cfq scheduler

Planned:
    bfq and more schedulers
    TinyRCU
    Possible GPU-OC
    and more to be determined... Tell me what you want!

Use CWM or Kernel Flasher by Neldar to flash your kernel, and as always if you need to UV, use Voltage Control from the Android Market, brought to you by Xan. ;)

Update with GB-1.1
    Interactivex governor
    Tweaks with Ondemand
    1400 and 1000 frequencies enabled.
    Bootanimation support. (non-Hellraiser roms, rename to sanim.zip instead of bootanimation.zip)

Update with GB-CoreA/B
    New Frequencies 16-12-8-4-2-1 (A) and 14-10-8-4-2-1 (B)
    InteractiveX Gov Tweaks (now a load based gov, max when over a certain load, lower when under, sorta like Smartass for CPU load)
    Implemented modified Entropy initramfs tweaks.

GB-CoreA/B2
    FFC Fixed.
    Updated for AT&T GB Leaks (J series)

For a workaround to wired and wireless tethering, use wired and wireless tethering workarounds for the time being, both have been working for me, and make sure with the wireless that you set it as an SGS/Galaxy S in the settings. This will work for the Hellraiser rom-patch. Make sure you choose the top one in both download areas linked above.

Thanks as always to everyone in the past who have worked on an SGS kernel/phone (Netarchy, Hardcore, Unhelpful ect)
    Also to my fellow devs here in the Infuse forums and for their patience with my constant questions in the IRC channel..... (Entropy512, LinuxBozo ect...)

and My Insanity Crew,
    crazynfo
    gb96
    Unknown #1
    2sl0w
    ookba
    motumbo
    Chewy11
    Thumbsinblack
    I've heard that the Source code has dropped for the infuse. Any chance of bedwa updating the kernels to support Video and maybe some other stuff? :)
    I'm looking into it. Irony: Having a 1/2 day off, getting 2.5 hours additional excused from work time, just to see a kernel source drop. :p
    D-man got the source and there's a link in development. Can't wait for you to whip together a infusion kernel with HDMI and all that goodness with some oc in there. I prefer your kernel over any other. You could you make it with 1.2, 1.4, & 1.6 that would be nice. I like the freqs in 1.6 but would like 1.4 in there also... but do it how you want..

Sent from my Haxsung Infuse R3velation shot up with Adrenaline

Thanks man. I'm going to rebase soon. The different cores were due to the frequencies not hitting all the ones in the phone, causing stuttering over performance. I found the sweet spot was right at 5-6 frequencies per kernel.

Sent from yet ANOTHER Phone.... (MB860/Olympus)
    sorry, haven't had a chance to sit down with this code ATM. Just sent off my phone to jt1134 as well to get ICS on it for everyone. (Loan) So unfortunately it may be a bit.
    Good News and Sad News

The good news, I've updated the kernel. It's got the new leak Fixes and FFC fix as well.

And the bad (and possibly ugly, sorry)....
    This may be my last update minus maintenance updates. I picked up an LG Thrill over the weekend, decided to try it out and quickly got attached to the simple overlay (I did hack the original Optimus Z Launcher, remember?) and noticed that there's no OC kernel as of yet for it either. With both of these ,and the fact that as a po-man I cannot afford 2 devices, I am moving over to that device. I still love the Infuse, but I've been craving for a dual core device for some time, along with the tweaks that using an O3D rom gives (3d anything), it's too tempting. If for some reason I don't see that an update (minor) is needed for compatibility, let me know, PLEASE. I'm ultimately here cause of you guys and I thank you for your time with this project.

In addition, if anyone wants to pick up and fork my git, DO IT! That's why it's there and why GPL exists.

With love and camaraderie,
    -B