Time Warner Cable app for rooted phones

Search This thread

Palingenesis

Dec 8, 2010
I downloaded the time Warner Cable app today, then it said it was for Android 4.0 or higher. So I flashed the sensewich rom (sense 4.0) and it said the app isn't for rooted phones. Does anyone know a way to get it to work on gingerbread or a rooted 4.0 rom?

The app runs, but I can't view live tv.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Try the Market app "OTA Rootkeeper", which has the ability to temp unroot. Not sure about the Time Warner app you are talking about, but OTA Rootkeeper seems to work for other movie streaming apps with root restrictions.

Last edited:

biohazrd51

Apr 26, 2011
If I recall, some applications do a check for the superuser apk on the phone. If the Root Manager doesn't work, you may want to try renaming the SU app.

Palingenesis

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for the responses, but how do I use the ota root thing? It's the voo doo app?

Edit: nevermind

Palingenesis

Dec 8, 2010
To be clear, you installed OTA Rootkeeper, opened the app, and selected temp unroot? You may need to also reboot, to make sure nothing is lingering in memory that would indicate root.

Yeah, I didn't reboot though, as I thought that would enable root again. Ill try rebooting and trying. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts