Multiple roms installed at the same time?

Search This thread

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
Hey im new to the s3 coming from droid 3 and it had this thing called safestrap and hou could install 4 diffetent roms and kernels to and itd take 10 seconds to just switch it to another. I wad wondering if there was somryhing similar for the s3. Thanks if anyone replies to this :)
Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

jasvncnt1

Dec 8, 2011
Union NJ
I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Only thing you can do would be to switch between your nandroid backups

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

bigdog_nick

Jun 19, 2010
Orange County
I have multirom installed on my nexus 7 and have 4 roms running. Not sure if multirom can be ported to s3.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
While I am sure it can be done Orbison really no different then keeping a few nandroid backups of other roms and restoring them. Not the wisest idea but fun at times

Wayne Tech S-III

Reactions: cjranucci

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
Not exactly called multirom. what im talking about is safestrap for the droid 3. yeah backing up and restoring nandroid might be the same but this is alot faster and more convenient. I wish I new how to develop lol

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
there's bot manager on the playstore I found searching google. anyone here ever try that?

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
haha yeah that's true. I was interested in doing that but I gave up. I didn't know where to start. lol

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
boot manager doesn't work apparently. found a tutorial on how to dual bot stock with cyan mod. it says to install siyahs kernel. would i brick my phone if i experimented with other ones to? and what would the steps be to port safestrap to s3? I know I would have to get the developers permission and stuff if i wanted to attempt doing so. its basically a whole new bootloader I think lol.

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
boot manager doesn't work apparently. found a tutorial on how to dual bot stock with cyan mod. it says to install siyahs kernel. would i brick my phone if i experimented with other ones to? and what would the steps be to port safestrap to s3? I know I would have to get the developers permission and stuff if i wanted to attempt doing so. its basically a whole new bootloader I think lol.

Well let me put it this way: It depends if you have a good warranty :silly:

Playing with bootloaders is a very dangerous thing and probably shouldn't be the first Dev project you take on.

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
that's a good point haha. have you anyone tried dual booting? It says in the tut to post the tutorial on any forum. would it be unfair to do post it on here just to see what people say without trying it myself? lol

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
that's a good point haha. have you anyone tried dual booting? It says in the tut to post the tutorial on any forum. would it be unfair to do post it on here just to see what people say without trying it myself? lol

I never tried it myself as it's not a feature I need. I enjoy a ROM that works and don't look back once I've settled on one. I will though be entertained by others.

Posting the tutorial here probably isn't the best idea as it could cause some people to brick their phones. Imo, you could look for a Dev who's willing to look at it.

d3athsd00r

Feb 24, 2011

DO NOT INSTALL SIYAH! It is for the international version. You will hard brick and we will point and laugh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
yeah i didn't do it cause i had the feeling not to :p I backed up my stock rom and installed galaxy mod discovering that My imei was corrupted and didn't back my efs. i restored stck and it was back and I had data back. If I go back to galaxy mod and backup my efs how would i be able to restore it back so i have my imei number on galaxy mod or was that not a usual case?

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
yeah i didn't do it cause i had the feeling not to :p I backed up my stock rom and installed galaxy mod discovering that My imei was corrupted and didn't back my efs. i restored stck and it was back and I had data back. If I go back to galaxy mod and backup my efs how would i be able to restore it back so i have my imei number on galaxy mod or was that not a usual case?

It's unusual but can happen. Replacing your efs folder with your backed up one should fix it.

As another option, there's a thread specificaly for it. Let's your fix your IMEI without a backup (of course, backup is better/easier).

Atrixn00b

Sep 17, 2011
yeah. really dont want to risk having to get a new phone. i restored a nandroid backup and its working fine for now.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DO NOT INSTALL SIYAH! It is for the international version. You will hard brick and we will point and laugh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    While I am sure it can be done Orbison really no different then keeping a few nandroid backups of other roms and restoring them. Not the wisest idea but fun at times

Wayne Tech S-III