HTC one stuck in fastboot after run flash

Search This thread

taz44410

Dec 10, 2012
I have acquired a HTC one that's was running tarp and cm 10 but previous owner decided to flash run
Now is stuck in bootloader adb says no device found but fastboot usb works also shows tampered locked s-on
Could someone please share how to fix please
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

smoysauce

Jul 13, 2012
Rochester, MN
I have acquired a HTC one that's was running tarp and cm 10 but previous owner decided to flash run
Now is stuck in bootloader adb says no device found but fastboot usb works also shows tampered locked s-on
Could someone please share how to fix please

What did the previous owner flash? (run?) Are you able to select and boot into Recovery from the Bootloader? If so, boot into recovery and Factory Reset or re-flash your ROM.

taz44410

Dec 10, 2012
Sorry auto correct got me it was ruu not run and no it will not go into recovery I select it and it goes for 1 second then kicks me back to bootloader
I don't have any experience high HTC so I'm stuck

smoysauce

Jul 13, 2012
Rochester, MN
Sorry auto correct got me it was ruu not run and no it will not go into recovery I select it and it goes for 1 second then kicks me back to bootloader
I don't have any experience high HTC so I'm stuck

Try reflashing TWRP recovery in fastboot and see if you can then boot into recovery. Or you can try to reflash RUU or even just the boot.img. I am not a super expert on this, so hopefully someone will chime in.

taz44410

Dec 10, 2012
Try reflashing TWRP recovery in fastboot and see if you can then boot into recovery. Or you can try to reflash RUU or even just the boot.img. I am not a super expert on this, so hopefully someone will chime in.

Keep in mind I'm a Samsung user not HTC how would I go about flashing it in fastboot?

taz44410

Dec 10, 2012
I have done that but most methods did not work for me so I was wondering if so thing they did was the cause that's why I was asking

smoysauce

Jul 13, 2012
Rochester, MN
I have done that but most methods did not work for me so I was wondering if so thing they did was the cause that's why I was asking

Looks like he may be screwed. It says locked and s-on. He can't flash a recovery. If there's no ROM installed, you can't exactly use rumrunner. Might need to send it to sonic.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

Unfortunately, might be. Odd that it was working fine, what would possess someone to try and flash the RUU? Anyway, if you tried flashing recovery, did you try and flash the system.img, boot.img and recovery_signed.img into their respective slots?

You should be able to find the files from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2437436

You will just need to unzip and extract those files, then flash them in fastboot to their respective partitions.

Other then that, I would say your bricked unless, like what tylerlawhon said, you can see if you can send it to sonic to s-off again.

You could maybe also try reading through this if the previous didn't work, I know it says must be s-off and unlocked, but possibly worth a read

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2475216

Last edited:

taz44410

Dec 10, 2012
Yeah tried all that glad I only gave $50 for it
They said they were on cm and didn't like it and wanted to return to stock
I may not know much about HTC but why not try a stock based rom is what I asked
And they said
What is that?
I think you get the point

woznet

Jan 23, 2011
DC
And they said
What is that?

I am sending you a pm about this

smoysauce

Jul 13, 2012
Rochester, MN
And they said
What is that?

I see...well at least it was only 50! Good luck, hopefully you can get it figured out!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

metalguns14

Mar 15, 2010
Please Help

I havent heard back from him since I sent the PM but I will copy what I sent and send it to you.

I have an AT&T HTC One,
I accidently formatted my SD card and everything I had is now gone. I was installing a new rom and now nothing boots up except HBOOT.

I can select FastFoot ; Recovery ; Factory Reset ; Etc.

When selecting Recovery it loads clockworkmod for 2 seconds then it restarts and that's it. I need help please.

(USB Mass Storage won't load on PC)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Were you able to resolve this?
    I'm in the exact same boat. I did try to flash the system image.. but it's now allowing me.

I get remote :not allowed?

I havent heard back from him since I sent the PM but I will copy what I sent and send it to you.