[Q] Help stuck on "System Software not authrized by AT&T has been found on your phone

Search This thread

Psysora

Aug 24, 2014
[Q] Help stuck on "System Software not authrized by AT&T has been found on your phone

Well as the title says thats exactly what happened. It happened when I booted to recovery on Rashr recovery tools. Mistake on my part. I also know that there are similar threads, but I've already tried them out but they don't work for me. So I thought this would be the best way. The situation is well... its stuck on that error message. I tried to factory reset with ODIN but ODIN never detects my phone when I plug it in. I already tried taking the battery out and putting it back in. Then i tried Kies, but no luck there either since I can't find the serial number on the back of the phone sticker nor on the box of the phone. Does this mean my phone is dead?

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Odin will work. You just need to get it to recognize your device. You have a usb driver issue. You need to install the court drivers. Kies should have done that but it can get in the way of Odin. Uninstall kies but keep the drivers and try Odin again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Psysora

Psysora

Aug 24, 2014
Okay I uninstalled kies, and updated my drivers to 1.5.45 on the Samsung website, but Odin still doesn't detect it. I feel like I'm missing something.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Okay I uninstalled kies, and updated my drivers to 1.5.45 on the Samsung website, but Odin still doesn't detect it. I feel like I'm missing something.

Are you using Windows 8? You need to allow it to use unsigned drivers. Google how to do that if you do

Reactions: Psysora

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
No, I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium.

With your device plugged into the pc, go to device manager. There's probably an exclamation mark on one of the usbs. That's the one having the issues. Right click on it and up date the driver. Go to where it say let me pick from a list on the computer. Pick the Samsung adb android interface, or something along those lines.

Psysora

Aug 24, 2014
With your device plugged into the pc, go to device manager. There's probably an exclamation mark on one of the usbs. That's the one having the issues. Right click on it and up date the driver. Go to where it say let me pick from a list on the computer. Pick the Samsung adb android interface, or something along those lines.

Thanks a lot for the help, but oddly enough when I was about to try your idea i entered download mode to install a custom os. Of course
I didn't need to not I restarted my phone, and VIOLIA it works. Seriously what a turn of events. It now works perfectly. But, seriously thanks man, if that didn't happen just now I know for sure you would've helped me out and my phone would work. This was really just a shortcut if you think about it. Either way thanks a lot you were a great help.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Thanks a lot for the help, but oddly enough when I was about to try your idea i entered download mode to install a custom os. Of course
I didn't need to not I restarted my phone, and VIOLIA it works. Seriously what a turn of events. It now works perfectly. But, seriously thanks man, if that didn't happen just now I know for sure you would've helped me out and my phone would work. This was really just a shortcut if you think about it. Either way thanks a lot you were a great help.

No problem, just glad it's working for you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Odin will work. You just need to get it to recognize your device. You have a usb driver issue. You need to install the court drivers. Kies should have done that but it can get in the way of Odin. Uninstall kies but keep the drivers and try Odin again.

Are you using Windows 8? You need to allow it to use unsigned drivers. Google how to do that if you do