[Tool]LG-P920 Optimus 3D (Thrill) Recovery Toolkit (only Froyo/GB)

Search This thread

Paki0402

Mar 27, 2011
Hi guys,

I made a little tool which you can use to install your favorite recovery-system to the LGO3D.

Here it is:

vYRyf

Download: LG-P920_offline_Recovery-Toolkit_XDA-Edition.zip
md5: 6E3C8CEE5989302C5C333D6491E9373E

Recovery images and instructions are inside the tool.

The version is called "XDA-Edition" because the integrated help links are going directly to this thread.

All credits for the recovery images goes to their developers - LG Electronics or the Clockworkmod-Team - Thanks!!

Have fun!

Greetz paki

Last edited:

Markyzz

Jan 7, 2012
California
Awesome! Thanks!
Please cross-post this to the LG Thrill Forums, it would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

botson71

Jul 31, 2007
Thanks! It's very useful and simple tool. There is a similar non-GUI tool called Recovery Manager but I can't use it (I am getting messages like "adb server is out of date. killing.../ failed to start daemon" etc). I hope that with your tool, I won't have similar problems.

If CWM is already installed, can I install/flash over it the Stock Recovery or the CWM-Touch? And later, re-flash and go back to CWM?

Last edited:

Paki0402

Mar 27, 2011
Hi,

I tested the tool many times before and I've never had problems with a running adb-server. ;)

You can change the recovery sytem as often as you want by replacing the old one.

greetz paki

Reactions: botson71

botson71

Jul 31, 2007
Hi and thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately my O3D has a problem with your tool, like with the other similar tool (Recovery Manager).

Some time ago, I installed the CWM-Touch with another tool you've posted here, and now I want to go back to the CWM no-touch version. I just used your new tool trying to flash the CWM, and everything finishes successfully (First I get a window that says "waiting..." and then another one that says "success.. done" or something similar).

But when I reboot to the recovery, I still have the CWM-Touch version. I tried already with your tool 3 times to flash the normal CWM and 2 times the LG stock recovery and even if it says that they flashing went successfully I'm still stuck to the CWM-Touch. :confused:

Do you have any idea why my phone is stuck with the CWM-Touch? Could it be a corrupted file somewhere like the Superuser binary (I have the latest version)?

Reactions: ninadenis

Paki0402

Mar 27, 2011
Hi,

maybe your pc-firewall is blocking "adb-win.exe" - please check this! ;)

Please open the windows taskmanager and kill all processes like "adb.exe; adb-win.exe; adb-windows.exe".
After that you can make a new try to flash the stock-recovery.

kill_adb.png

The Version of SU doesn't matter.

The success message also appears when the operation is canceled due to connection problems.

I know that the tool is not yet perfect, but this is my first attempt at a GUI. I try to eliminate the errors in a next version.

greetz

Last edited:

botson71

Jul 31, 2007
Thanks again for the quick reply. The adb***.exe processes are always killed when I exit the tool and I turn my (default) Win7 firewall temporarily off during the flashing attempt.

I'm almost certain that this is not a problem of your tool but of my phone. Because the same happens when I try to flash any CWM or stock recovery with the other similar tool, the Recovery manager.

botson71

Jul 31, 2007
Thanks. Yes, the USB-debugging is on all the time.

I installed the USB-driver-package from the link that is provided when you start the recovery toolkit.

I suppose that the link in the toolkit is the same one you've posted above but I'll uninstall it, reinstall this one and try again.

Paki0402

Mar 27, 2011
Yes - it's the same file!

Please use a different USB port of your PC so that the drivers are installed from scratch.

Which Windows-system do you use?

botson71

Jul 31, 2007
Thanks. I'll better use not only a different USB port but a different PC as well.

All the attempts so far were done from my laptop with Windows 7. My PC has Vista and I also can try it from my second laptop with WinXP.

I'll test it and let you know. Thanks.

Paki0402

Mar 27, 2011
OK ;)

If you are using a Windows7/Vista PC with original firewall, then I recommend you this tool. With it you can control the access of programs. :)
There is a free version that goes for first.

Good luck - greetz paki

botson71

Jul 31, 2007
YES! It worked! :)

I installed the LG USB-driver-package on the PC with the Vista, and the CWM no-touch version was installed successfully with the first attempt!

Thanks a lot for your help and your prompt replies! ;)

Grüße

Top Liked Posts