[ROM]Darksherko's-cm.7.2-DARKM0D!-RC2 update!-OVERHAULED+FPS uncap+sound enhancers!

what do you think of my rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Oh and I totaly forgot to ask you a few details :rolleyes: :

Is it now for locked or unlocked bootloader? I see now in the op unlocked, but a few post later, you write it's for locked bootloader.

if it is for locked bootloader: where is the notice, that you have to be on stock firmware and xrec installed? Oh and ofcourse, where is the kernel for locked bootloader or is it working with sony's stock kernel??

if it is for unlocked bootloader, can we use doomkernel, or ANY of the Freexperia kernels? -> so where is the kernel we should use? Or do you think we all know that we should make a flashtool bundle with the kernel.sin placed in the update.zip?

About the screenshots, which you said we don't need, because we all know how cm7 looks like, then please share us a few screenshots about your own theme, which you provide us also.

And last but not least, about the work you have put in:
I haven't downloaded FXP117 yet, but if I compare your rom with the FXP115 cm7.2 release the changes are only 8MB big:
app-folder:
CMParts
HTC-keyboard
Phone
Settings
bin-folder:
debuggerd
mkyaffs2image

that's all. You haven't even edited the build.prop :eek: !!

So before you want to make any BIG things, start with fixes, patches or something like that. I mean, have a look into the build.prop and make a few changes there e.g. or the updater-script. That is copied one-to-one from FXP, but do you know what all the lines in there are doing??

@colossus, if he doesn't bring up a new release until monday, please move it to the themes section.

L

Last edited:

darksherko

Mar 18, 2011
Maassluis
Oh and I totaly forgot to ask you a few details :rolleyes: :

Is it now for locked or unlocked bootloader? I see now in the op unlocked, but a few post later, you write it's for locked bootloader.

if it is for locked bootloader: where is the notice, that you have to be on stock firmware and xrec installed? Oh and ofcourse, where is the kernel for locked bootloader or is it working with sony's stock kernel??

if it is for unlocked bootloader, can we use doomkernel, or ANY of the Freexperia kernels? -> so where is the kernel we should use? Or do you think we all know that we should make a flashtool bundle with the kernel.sin placed in the update.zip?

About the screenshots, which you said we don't need, because we all know how cm7 looks like, then please share us a few screenshots about your own theme, which you provide us also.

And last but not least, about the work you have put in:
I haven't downloaded FXP117 yet, but if I compare your rom with the FXP115 cm7.2 release the changes are only 8MB big:
app-folder:
CMParts
HTC-keyboard
Phone
Settings
bin-folder:
debuggerd
mkyaffs2image

that's all. You haven't even edited the build.prop :eek: !!

So before you want to make any BIG things, start with fixes, patches or something like that. I mean, have a look into the build.prop and make a few changes there e.g. or the updater-script. That is copied one-to-one from FXP, but do you know what all the lines in there are doing??

@colossus, if he doesn't bring up a new release until monday, please move it themes section.

L

thanks for the tips
i will soon take a look at the prop
and i will post some pics soon

still not that much difference tho

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
Guys,

I am aware of some of your statements and i am monitoring the situation and have contacted the op the minute the thread was first opened.

Stop spamming the thread and give the guy a chance, we can not all start out as super developers.

Now, advice the guy and help out if you can but do not bring him down, at least he is trying!

We will take it from here and see what happens.

Cheers.

chazy chaz

Feb 25, 2012
Redmi Note 10 Pro
i don't really see the purpose of releasing RC1 then RC2 while all you did was changing a zip file of the bootanim, and some poor stuff on the Build.prop

or am i wrong?

chazy chaz

Feb 25, 2012
Redmi Note 10 Pro
what am i suposed to do then as begining dev?
rc1.1?

you said in the OP that it's YOUR rom, while all you did was modifying minor things, if everyone does what you do, then we'll have an infinite number of useless ROMs based on only ONE valuable ROM which is of course FXP's

i'm not spamming, i'm just wondering why you call it your rom, since you didn't cook anything, almost anyone can modify the bootanimation, the build.prop, the theme, and the included apps in what you call it "his" ROM

cheers!

darksherko

Mar 18, 2011
Maassluis
you said in the OP that it's YOUR rom, while all you did was modifying minor things, if everyone does what you do, then we'll have an infinite number of useless ROMs based on only ONE valuable ROM which is of course FXP's

i'm not spamming, i'm just wondering why you call it your rom, since you didn't cook anything, almost anyone can modify the bootanimation, the build.prop, the theme, and the included apps in what you call it "his" ROM

cheers!

i have no skills with this none
i still haven't found out how to modify the rom actually modding it!
could u help me with this one?

greetz

Reactions: martin050586

baz@gmx.co.uk

Dec 2, 2010

cheers!

Erm... You are spamming. Colossus already said to give this dev a chance, rather than criticise the guy why don't you try the rom and report bugs on this dev thread, take your nit picking to general or q&a.

Sent from my X10i using XDA

Reactions: maikinho10

vinss68

Jan 30, 2011
bouzeron
hi , i like your motivation and it's a good begin. maybe you can try to included bravia and xloud and port some widget from xperia s or some other ics animation . don't know if all is possible cos i'm not a dev... good learn and chance

Reactions: darksherko

vinss68

Jan 30, 2011
bouzeron
woow fast boy, thx. and i don't know wy but my screen rotation pb with adw ex is solved with your realese

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

do you think it's possible to add the xperia s widget into adw

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

there is no gapps in rc2 upd1

darksherko

Mar 18, 2011
Maassluis
woow fast boy, thx. and i don't know wy but my screen rotation pb with adw ex is solved with your realese

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

do you think it's possible to add the xperia s widget into adw

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

there is no gapps in rc2 upd1
u must flash gapps urself
no i don't know how to add xperia S widgets to adw srry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, i have been monitoring this thread closely and i am taking the decision to close it down as there is no development going off. I have been fair and given you enough time but just a simple request to provide screen shots has not been done.

Next time if you want to mod the FXP rom then you wll put it in the X10 Themes and Apps forum, provide it as a update zip and give credits and links to the FXP thread.

I have the same issues going off in the X8 forum so maybe you want to read this... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1605859 the same guidelines apply to you and others.

THREAD CLOSED!
    darkmodlogo.jpg

DARKSHERKO'S DARKMOD
    BRING POWER TO THE ROM!

hello welcome i have made my new rom based on cm7 by the fxp team and
    CREDITS TO THEM!
    i also added some of my own tweaks
    this rom has just started and i would like people to download flash and comment on how it was
    please suport me by telling me bugs and issues with my rom
    i will mostly fix them very fast!
    if you have a reqeust of something to add into the rom
    send me a PM or leave a comment i will do my best to implent that
    thanks fxp team! thanks doomlord thanks J thanks Z you are the best since i flashed my first rom 1.5 years ago!
    have fun! greetzDarksherko

overview of what is included or modified
    -custom keyboard (included in rom)
    -unnessecary apps removed
    -modded the build.prop for vm heap size wich runs incredibly smoother
    -xperia S launcher and widgets!
    -mobile bravia engine!(THANKS TO z!)
    -beats audio
    -miui camera (app for the looks)
    -FPS uncap (thanks to Z!)
    -sound enhancer (special reqeust)
    -to get the full DARKMOD feeling please install my theme to finish it off
    -MORE TO COME!

WORKING
    -camera
    -wi-fi
    -bluetooth
    -usb mass storage
    -3g
    -phone/signal
    -gapps included
    -video streaming (fixed)
    NOTWORKING
    -so far everything works fine

DOWNLOAD LINK
    -CM9/nothing too special i just modified some aspects of the original cm9 by fxp ALL CREDITS TO FXP :D (this was deleted i bringed it back)
    http://q.gs/1BmOh
    -CM7
    http://q.gs/1CVCT
    -epic theme by darksherko!
    http://q.gs/1BmPT
    -all releases
    http://q.gs/1BmQS
    -BRAVIA engine
    http://q.gs/1BmPb
    -beats audio
    http://q.gs/1Bwi2
    -fps uncap
    http://q.gs/1CItM
    DOWNLOADS ARE ALL MEDIAFIRE

INSTRUCTIONS!
    [BB 71 NEEDED!]
    [UNLOCKED BL NEEDED!]
    [use the fxp kernel and xrecovery]
    [don't know if this works with other kernels please report if works on other kernel]
    1-download rom
    2-drop it on your sd card
    3-make a nand backup
    4-reboot into Xrecovery
    5-full wipe/factory reset
    6-clean dalvik cache
    7-wipe cache partition
    8-flash the rom
    9-install gapps if needed(gapps are not included)
    10-enjoy!
    11-OPTIONAL! download and install my custom theme that was made for this rom! :D
    12-OPTIONAL! download and flash bravia zip with recovery (thanks to Z)
    13-OPTIONAL! download and flash beats audio zip

CUSTOM REQEUSTS
    i accept reqeusts to be added in the rom
    u can send a pm or just drop it here
    the reqeust must contain
    link to what you need (if possible)
    why you need it and what makes it better for the rom
    if it already has been used in another x10 rom

changelog
    -rc0
    initial release [nothing special]
    -rc1
    modded build.prop with a higher vm heap size i tested and it should run a bit better!
    -rc2
    included new bootanim
    rom name changed in settings :D
    -rc2/update1
    added xperia S home and xperia S widgets!
    -rc2/update2
    added a fully new camera app (to make the rom look better :eek:)
    -rc2/update3
    sound enhancer special reqeust

remember to hit thanks if you enjoyed the rom and i helped you out! :D
    Darksherko industries 2012
    Guys,

I am aware of some of your statements and i am monitoring the situation and have contacted the op the minute the thread was first opened.

Stop spamming the thread and give the guy a chance, we can not all start out as super developers.

Now, advice the guy and help out if you can but do not bring him down, at least he is trying!

We will take it from here and see what happens.

Cheers.
    When someone comesup with something pls dont discourage ....maybe he gmhas developed it for personal use n might have shared it out f generosity ....if u dont like it ...just ignore it...as simple as tat

sEnT fRoM SoMeThiNg wHiCh wAs SuPPosEd tO bE aN XpeRiA X10....

????im happy if we get more and more good devs or roms:):)but this here is not a rom with many differents..its a release with only few delete apps and new theme..thats not fair to fxp team..

Then release the rom later but with many new functions or something else:):)

Greets maik

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk
    I think maybe it is time you updated the op with screenshots, you have had users waiting ever since you opened the thread.;)