Nokia Portal app - permission to host?

Search This thread

shifuimam

Apr 5, 2011
Turns out that since the now-defunct Nokia Portal app (for installing OEM apps on different brand WP8 phones) was open source, it was very trivial to download the Visual Studio solution and build it. Given that (a) the original reason for deleting the app is now moot since Here Drive+ is free for everyone and (b) the app was open source to begin with, so it's entirely within the original dev's license to download, compile, and distribute the source, would anyone have a problem with me forking and compiling it for people to use?

xdevilium

Apr 17, 2012
Turns out that since the now-defunct Nokia Portal app (for installing OEM apps on different brand WP8 phones) was open source, it was very trivial to download the Visual Studio solution and build it. Given that (a) the original reason for deleting the app is now moot since Here Drive+ is free for everyone and (b) the app was open source to begin with, so it's entirely within the original dev's license to download, compile, and distribute the source, would anyone have a problem with me forking and compiling it for people to use?
Hi, I'm the developer :)
Go for it bro :p

shifuimam

Apr 5, 2011
In that case could you add me to the codeplex project? If not I'll just create a new one. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-I800 using Tapatalk