[Q&A] [ROM][Alcatel OT 6040D / TCL S950 Idol X][Kitkat beta 4.4.2][Update: 10.17 Bui

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

[Q&A] [ROM][Alcatel OT 6040D / TCL S950 Idol X][Kitkat beta 4.4.2][Update: 10.17 Bui

Q&A for [ROM][Alcatel OT 6040D / TCL S950 Idol X][Kitkat beta 4.4.2][Update: 10.17 Build 1002

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][Alcatel OT 6040D / TCL S950 Idol X][Kitkat beta 4.4.2][Update: 10.17 Build 1002. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

admirdante

Oct 25, 2014
Install trough CWM

Hello guys,

so I rooted my Idol 6040X and want to flash this ROM. Can I just do it trough CWM or do I have to use the flash tool? And if I do have to use the tool, I just put everything like you explained from this zip or? I'm downloading this and MIUI and want to know how to install them correctly. Thanks

bryanjay420

Sep 9, 2014
Manila / Doha
Hello guys,

so I rooted my Idol 6040X and want to flash this ROM. Can I just do it trough CWM or do I have to use the flash tool? And if I do have to use the tool, I just put everything like you explained from this zip or? I'm downloading this and MIUI and want to know how to install them correctly. Thanks

for this particular rom (kitkat 4.4.2) you have to install using sp flash tool. you cant use CWM for recovery. in the download section you can use TWRP recovery. flash it together with the rom

Reactions: admirdante

admirdante

Oct 25, 2014
for this particular rom (kitkat 4.4.2) you have to install using sp flash tool. you cant use CWM for recovery. in the download section you can use TWRP recovery. flash it together with the rom

Have you tried using the latest MIUI for it? Is it any better then the 4.4.2? Cause, as far as I can see, the ROM that comes with it uses MIUI or something rather similar. Any issues with that? And, how would I flash MIUI? Via TWRP or with flash tool too? And can I use the this SP Flash Tool v5.1352.01 instead of the old one? Any changes in the procedure? Thanks

Last edited:

bryanjay420

Sep 9, 2014
Manila / Doha
Have you tried using the latest MIUI for it? Is it any better then the 4.4.2? Cause, as far as I can see, the ROM that comes with it uses MIUI or something rather similar. Any issues with that? And, how would I flash MIUI? Via TWRP or with flash tool too? And can I use the this SP Flash Tool v5.1352.01 instead of the old one? Any changes in the procedure? Thanks

just an hour ago i flashed latest miui 4.10.18. some bugs i noticed like fc on camera if you want to disable shutter sounds. also the custom functions is trimmed, no viper. i think version 4.10.2 is better. you can find it in my signature

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,