UITA Aroma rom apps icon missing

Search This thread

Jack123hello

Aug 6, 2013
Macau
Hi everyone~ I flashed this rom"http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537552" , but I have some questions, hope that anyone can help me. Thank you so much!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
1. some apps cannot load its icon on Google Play, for example I search "Google", then it comes up google translate, google+, google drive...etc, but some of them miss their icons. Is this a bug and can it fixed??? Screenshot_2014-01-26-22-22-40.png
2.I flashed CWM_P6810_JB_RE-PARTITION_Telephony_Apps_Remover_V2.zip after flash this rom, but what is usage of this zip?
3.why can't I remove the shotcuts at the bottom part of the homescreen(TouchWiz)?
4.What is the optimum dpi? I tried 176 before, but it change the UI to Tablet UI....

Thank you guys so much:):):)

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Hi everyone~ I flashed this rom"http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2537552" , but I have some questions, hope that anyone can help me. Thank you so much!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
1. some apps cannot load its icon on Google Play, for example I search "Google", then it comes up google translate, google+, google drive...etc, but some of them miss their icons. Is this a bug and can it fixed???View attachment 2540313
2.I flashed CWM_P6810_JB_RE-PARTITION_Telephony_Apps_Remover_V2.zip after flash this rom, but what is usage of this zip?
3.why can't I remove the shotcuts at the bottom part of the homescreen(TouchWiz)?
4.What is the optimum dpi? I tried 176 before, but it change the UI to Tablet UI....

1. Another user PM me with issues a while back, but I thought it was OK. Seems a minor DPI bug though.
2. It removes many of the unneeded P6800 telephony related system apps such as miniessage, dialer, SecTelephonyProvider, mms, phone (one of two, the other is part of contacts) etc. For a full list, you can open and view the zip updater-script for yourself......
3. Long tap, then drag & drop
4. The optimum DPI is obviuosly the default 213 ;) The PHABLET ROM is based around that :)
For any other DPI, please refer to ROM thread post #4 for links to:
* TouchWiz Tablet UI Method: Post #176
* Custom Launcher Method: Post #118 & Post #126

Best of luck,

UITA

Last edited:

Jack123hello

Aug 6, 2013
Macau
1. Another user PM me with issues a while back, but I thought it was OK. Seems a minor DPI bug though.
2. It removes many of the unneeded P6800 telephony related system apps such as miniessage, dialer, SecTelephonyProvider, mms, phone (one of two, the other is part of contacts) etc. For a full list, you can open and view the zip updater-script for yourself......
4. The optimum DPI is obviuosly the default 213 ;) The PHABLET ROM is based around that :)

Best of luck,

UITA

Hi UITA~ you are really nice and thanks for answering my questions!:D:D:D But there are still some strange problem:
1.I can only add shortcut to the bottom part of the homescreen, but I can't remove it no matter how I long I have pressed......
2.Can I change the dpi of apps only? Because I don't like the apps that look "extremely large". And also I don't want to change the dpi of the whole screen as I love the Phablet UI
3.The problem of missing icons in Google Play is not a serious problem but it really affects me when I want to download apps in Google Play(some apps have similar name). And also the weather icon in Google Now also missed..... Can it be fixed???
Thank you so much~:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Hi UITA~ you are really nice and thanks for answering my questions!:D:D:D But there are still some strange problem:
1.I can only add shortcut to the bottom part of the homescreen, but I can't remove it no matter how I long I have pressed......
2.Can I change the dpi of apps only? Because I don't like the apps that look "extremely large". And also I don't want to change the dpi of the whole screen as I love the Phablet UI
3.The problem of missing icons in Google Play is not a serious problem but it really affects me when I want to download apps in Google Play(some apps have similar name). And also the weather icon in Google Now also missed..... Can it be fixed???
Thank you so much~:cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

1. Not really sure about your shortcut issue. Works fine for me. If you haven't already, make sure you are using the correct recovery as explained in the ROM thread (for re-partition) and full wipe install.
2. Yes, use the xposed App Settings module included in the Aroma installer (I had it set to install as default, unless user uncheck). If you haven't, links are included in OP.
3. I don't know, I'm not playing with the ROM right now. There is a xposed module for market compatibility (you'll have to search for it), maybe that will help, or try playing with the Google Play app DPI

karlsbug

Sep 24, 2010
1. some apps cannot load its icon on Google Play, for example I search "Google", then it comes up google translate, google+, google drive...etc, but some of them miss their icons.

Hi, problem is the ad blocker. I had same issue. You need to edit the hosts file.
All the best.
Sent from my GT-P6810 using XDA Premium HD app

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Hi, problem is the ad blocker. I had same issue. You need to edit the hosts file.
All the best.

Thanks for that. I didn't even know eRobot had implemented a modified hosts file (never looked). It's way out of date too, the entries need updating.

So it's not really a "bug", which is good, but I will still put a note in the ROM "BUGS" section with a link to stock hosts file or updated one.

@Jack123hello , this is why I asked you to post in Q&A instead of PM. There are others with useful tips and willing to help if able. :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

javilander

Nov 11, 2010
Can you explain exactly how did you do this?

All the best.

Can you only change the host entries that you need and still keeping the ad block functionality?

Thanks!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. some apps cannot load its icon on Google Play, for example I search "Google", then it comes up google translate, google+, google drive...etc, but some of them miss their icons. Is this a bug and can it fixed???View attachment 2540313

Best of luck,

UITA
    1. some apps cannot load its icon on Google Play, for example I search "Google", then it comes up google translate, google+, google drive...etc, but some of them miss their icons.

All the best.
    All the best.

Thanks for that. I didn't even know eRobot had implemented a modified hosts file (never looked). It's way out of date too, the entries need updating.

So it's not really a "bug", which is good, but I will still put a note in the ROM "BUGS" section with a link to stock hosts file or updated one.

@Jack123hello , this is why I asked you to post in Q&A instead of PM. There are others with useful tips and willing to help if able. :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Thnak all of you so much~ You are really nice:D:D:D:D
    @UpInTheAir: you are right! There are really a lot of nice guys in the Q&A Threads~ Thank you so much~~~:D:D:D