Update Service SO-01B

Search This thread

Veeger

Apr 7, 2010
Dereham
Hey guys, has anyone noticed on the SEUS the "SO-01B" next to the "Xperia X10" I was curious if anyone new what it was? It wasn't there the last time i checked and the picture looks identical to the Xperia pic. Thought maybe it might be beta software for the Xperia?!

Anyone know what it is or has anyone tried updating there Xperia with it?

Thanks

John :)

Veeger

Apr 7, 2010
Dereham
Ahhh, ok then. Thank you very much for sorting that out for me.

Has anyone not in Japan used it to update there Xperia to see if there's a difference? Probably not but you never know :p

Acronyc84

Apr 16, 2010
Yeah, this is the Japanese version that I have. I connected it to the update service and selected the SO-01B but it said that no update was available.

M

Mr_Bartek

Thats because SO-01B is still running on old firmware:

Service Name:
SO-01B DCM-JP GENERIC 1233-7397
File Information:
CDF: 1233-7397, FS: DCM, CDFVer-FSVer: R16A-R1EA018
APP-SW: 1227-4612 R1EA018
Sales Items:
1232-4539 NTT DoCoMo JP/Luster white
1232-4540 NTT DoCoMo JP/Sensuous black

figofigo

Mar 1, 2009
Cairo
hey i update to SO-01B but i want to know what is the differebnt between it and the normal update
Model : x10i
Firmware : 1.6
Baseband : 1.0.16
Kernel : 2.6.29
Build number : R1FA016

want to know this update or the normal update is better

figofigo

Mar 1, 2009
Cairo
10selqg.png

iead1

Apr 30, 2010
It's the Japanese version, not the Chinese version.

In Japan, there are a few extra things included with the Xperia X10 that aren't on the standard phones, like the Japanese keyboard, an extra social network in Timescape, and a carrier marketplace.

I have a newer build number than the one listed above, however. I used to have a older version, but the phone seems to have installed a newer version OTA.... it fixed the crappy battery life I've been having.

lornova

Jul 21, 2009
Torino, Italy
It's the Japanese version, not the Chinese version.

In Japan, there are a few extra things included with the Xperia X10 that aren't on the standard phones, like the Japanese keyboard, an extra social network in Timescape, and a carrier marketplace.

I have a newer build number than the one listed above, however. I used to have a older version, but the phone seems to have installed a newer version OTA.... it fixed the crappy battery life I've been having.

I've the european version (with R1FA014 firmware) with no operator lock and no branding, however I have the Japanese keyboard (and I would like to get rid of it :D). What is your current firmware version?

iead1

Apr 30, 2010
I've the european version (with R1FA014 firmware) with no operator lock and no branding, however I have the Japanese keyboard (and I would like to get rid of it :D). What is your current firmware version?

Same as everyone else! 1.6! ;)

Baseband is 1.0.09, build is R1EA018.