[Q&A] CM10.1 Nightlies SGH-I747

Search This thread

ElJefe29

Aug 21, 2012
I didn't think the BT problem was a Kernel issue, but yes you can and yes you do. Follow the instructions in the OP of his thread for installation instructions.

Thanks. I ended up doing a clean install of Task650's ROM ans Ktoons kernel and no knock on CM but it feels AWFULLY good to have everything working again. No Google Play issues, BT streaming allows me to sneak and listen to music in the office, my phone rings...you know all those things you get somewhat accustomed too doing on your phone. LOL.

Anyone know if CM has patched the BT issue yet? I saw somewhere that it was something that Google did on 4.2.1 any truth? Not a programmer but try to stay on top of glitches and the causes.

Last edited:

pcshano

Dec 29, 2012
Try to delete the widget that is in the way, move the widget you want to move, and then re-add the widget you deleted earlier.

nothing in the way beside the google search bar on top
and yeah i tried to delete other widgets but it didn't work
though that was nightly 1/29
im running 1/31 nightly and no problem so far but the battery drain
i just turned off auto brightness, location service and auto sync, let's see what happen
but does anyone know how to clear up google service?
8% of my battery are used on google services, is there any way to lessen them?
since i rarely use it

arminyack

Nov 29, 2012
I am running AOKP w/ ktoonsez kernal, and bluetooth FINALLY works. I dont know what fixed it...the 1/26/13 Ktoonsez update, or the 1-30-13 AOKP update.

Unfortunately, I now have a really annoying radio issue. I lose ALL connection sporadically when i really shouldnt.

Last edited:

pcshano

Dec 29, 2012
in nightly 1/31
there's a weird bug regarding "Home" page widgets, it's really random and rarely happen but what this bug does is it resize the widgets smaller
does anyone happen to get this as well?

Last edited:

Latty

Jun 28, 2007
Re: [Q&A] CM10.x Nightlies

Just curious, when was the last build where cm actually had working MHL? Would I have to revert back to cm9?

Got a new eBay MHL cable that I want to test, but I'm on CM10.1 latest nightly. I'm guessing nobody has working mhl on 10.1?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Just curious, when was the last build where cm actually had working MHL? Would I have to revert back to cm9?

Got a new eBay MHL cable that I want to test, but I'm on CM10.1 latest nightly. I'm guessing nobody has working mhl on 10.1?

Sorry mate, haven't seen much discussion on this.

veshwar

Jan 4, 2013
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Builds for SGH-I747

Unable to pause and resume video recording.. Which i used to do with stock 4.1.1 camera. Anyone have any thoughts yo get the feature back in 10.1 cm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

sparker366

Aug 3, 2010
Saylorsburg, Pa
I just got my S3 and installed CM10.1 on it. I use Google voice on my skyrocket for voice mail but can't get it to work on my S3, Can anyone assist me with this.

I did google it but the steps I found didn't work.

thecapitalr

Sep 16, 2012
Re: [Q&A] CM10.x Nightlies

What is the deal with FM radio on our phones? I saw this in the change log. Is this supported and functional?

TKG26

Aug 29, 2008
I cannot connect to laptop via usb
-android dubugging enabled
-connected as a media device MTP
-Laptop make audible connection noise but explorer does not see phone

Any ideas? running today nightly.

UPDATE its a usb driver issue, i tried to re flash, uninstall re install Samsung driver still no go

Last edited:

TKG26

Aug 29, 2008
I dunno how but a few cable swaps and different usb ports and reinstalling usb drivers seems to have fixed it

nubreed000

Jan 24, 2012
I dunno how but a few cable swaps and different usb ports and reinstalling usb drivers seems to have fixed it

Any impressions on the latest nightly (13.02.2013)? I dunno if it's me but the battery life seems pretty bad for the 10.1 releases thus far. Any chance that a different kernel might help with that?

loonieryan

Nov 29, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    An amateur FAQ

I have consolidated some information regarding frequent issues with the most recent nightly releases. Hopefully someone finds this useful, since I've dealt with most of them myself and I see someone ask about these things daily. If any of the info here is wrong or misleading please don't hesitate to correct me (just kidding, I know you won't) ;)

GPS
    • When the option was added to use an external GPS it broke the default source to be undefined. Go to "System Settings->Location Services->GPS Source" and make sure "Use Internal GPS" is selected.
    • Some other update changed something with the permissions of the location services settings. Go to "System Settings->Location Services" and uncheck and recheck all the options to force it to ask for the proper permissions again.

4G LTE/Wireless Data
    • Make sure you are aware of the difference between the service providers' terminology and the "real"/CM terminology (AT&T 4G is actually HSPA+, AT&T 4G LTE is actually 4G).
    • Go to "System Settings->More->Mobile networks" and make sure LTE is selected under Network Mode.
    • Go to "System Settings->More->Mobile networks->Access Point Names" and verify versus known good LTE APN settings. Currently Rogers LTE APN is missing or incorrect. You will have to enter it manually or wait for the proper defaults to be merged.
    • You may have lost your IMEI. Check "System Settings->About Phone->Status". If your IMEI shows 0 you may have to follow the instructions in the IMEI recovery thread. After restoring your IMEI you may still need to do additional steps to restore LTE. To avoid this headache back up your IMEI before you lose it using the above thread. Make sure you try just rebooting first to see if that fixes the missing IMEI.
    • ** Seems to be fixed on 09/12 ** Currently you need to reboot after installing for the first time or upgrading to a new nightly in order to get any data signal.

Wi-Fi
    • Some people report problems with Wi-Fi signal or connection. Try going to "System Settings->Wi-Fi->Menu/Advanced" and un-check "Avoid Poor Connections".

Volume/Sound Problems
    • Audio drivers are currently a work-in-progress. Updates are still coming all the time.
    • If you have no sound try turning the volume all the way down then up again for alarms, calls, notification, etc.
    • Try re-selecting your ring tones in the app or clearing cache and/or data for that app.
    • Call volume is known to be a bit loud now. Try pulling the phone away from your face during the call so that the screen turns on and turn up/down the volume.
    • There seems to be an issue with Google Now voice recognition mic volume. Try talking into the noise cancellation mic (top).
    • If your phone is not speaking Google Now results or street names in Navigation properly make sure you are using English (US) in the language settings (other languages/nationalities are currently not supported).

Camera/Gallery
    • There is currently no option to store to external SD (yet).
    • The built in gallery does not sync to Picasa. This is a known bug.
    • **Reverted and reportedly fixed in 9/10** Swipe to gallery feature was "broken" by the addition of pinch to zoom. To get it to work swipe outside of image and buttons (in the grey area).

Battery Life
    • Battery calibration is wiped after first installing or upgrading. Wait a full cycle before trusting percent reported.
    • Install BBS to track alarms and wake locks.
    • Battery use after clearing caches after upgrading is high. Wait til it is finished rebuilding before gauging drain.
    • Other kernels give more control over battery and performance. You can try those but don't report any other bugs here if you do.

Screen Flicker
    • Has improved recently but can be seen occasionally, particularly with 3rd party keyboards or graphics intensive apps.
    • Going to "System Settings->Developer Options" and choosing "Disable HW Overlays" fixes the flicker at the expense of performance.

USB Storage
    • There is no UMS (Generic USB Mass Storage) mode by default on our phones. You may need to install MTP drivers or a different OS that supports it. There are apps that allow UMS access but there are drawbacks.
    • If you followed any of the procedures in the IMEI thread and did not properly revert to MTP mode you may need to do so before being able to access your storage via USB.

Home button wake
    • Going to System "Settings->Performance->Processor" and increasing the minimum CPU frequency from 384 to 486 is reported to fix it.

64GB+ SD Cards
    • CM will not directly support the exFAT format due to licensing restrictions
    • You can format as FAT32 (with the restriction of not being able to have files over 4GB each)
    • Not sure if it is supported at the moment, but in the future you should be able to format as ext (fixes the 4GB file problem, but makes the card unreadable by Windows without special tools)

Anything gapps related involving non-recommended gapps
    • For example problems with text messaging when using inverted gapps
    • Use recommended gapps.

Anything system related involving non-CM kernels
    • Use the default kernel.

Installing/Upgrading
    When updating from Nightlies MAKE SURE you are downloading the CM10 zip file. The CM9 weekly files show up in the same list.

The M flagged zip files are the same as every other nightly, except care is taken in the days/week before releasing the M edition to not introduce any new features into Nightlies that might break the system. This means that if you flash only the M files you are less likely to run into "show-stopping" bugs. After the M edition is released developers will continue adding new features to the Nightlies that may or may not result in instability.

The recommended nightly upgrade procedure should be:
    • Backup/Nandroid
    • Format "/system" (under Mounts and Storage)
    • Wipe cache
    • Wipe Dalvik cache (under Advanced)
    • Install Nightly ROM zip
    • Install gapps zip
    • Reboot System

You may be able to get away with only:
    • Backup/Nandroid (not technically required, but you're a crazy-pants if you don't)
    • Wipe cache
    • Wipe Dalvik cache (under Advanced)
    • Install Nightly Rom zip
    • Reboot System

Apps Force Closing/Other Strange Behaviour That Other People Are Not Reporting
    • Try running Fix Permissions from recovery
    • After backing up, try a Factory Reset combined with the above flashing steps to see if the error occurs on a clean system (Factory Reset does not wipe/format your SD card(s), only erases all apps and app/system data)

Great bit of info put together by unit_vector

I have consolidated some information regarding frequent issues with the most recent nightly releases. Hopefully someone finds this useful, since I've dealt with most of them myself and I see someone ask about these things daily. If any of the info here is wrong or misleading please don't hesitate to correct me (just kidding, I know you won't) ;)

GPS
    -When the option was added to use an external GPS it broke the default source to be undefined. Go to "System Settings-> Location Services-> GPS Source" and make sure "Use Internal GPS" is selected.
    -Some other update changed something with the permissions of the location services settings. Uncheck and recheck all the options on the above screen to force it to ask for the proper permissions again.

4G LTE/Wireless Data
    -Currently you need to reboot after installing for the first time or upgrading to a new nightly in order to get any data signal.
    -Make sure you are aware of the difference between the service providers' terminology and the "real"/CM terminology (AT&T 4G is actually HSPA+, AT&T 4G LTE is actually 4G).
    -Go to "System Settings->More->Mobile networks" and make sure LTE is selected under Network Mode.
    -Go to "System Settings->More->Mobile networks->Access Point Names" and verify versus known good LTE APN settings.
    -You may have lost your IMEI. "Check System Settings->About Phone->Status". If your IMEI shows 0 you may have to follow the instructions in the IMEI recovery thread http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1801997. After restoring your IMEI you may still need to do additional steps to restore LTE. To avoid this headache back up your IMEI before you lose it using the above thread. Make sure you try just rebooting first to see if that fixes the missing IMEI.

Wi-Fi
    -Some people report problems with Wi-Fi signal or connection. Try going to "System Settings->Wi-Fi->Menu/Advanced" and un-check "Avoid Poor Connections".

Volume/Sound Problems
    -Audio drivers are currently a work-in-progress. Updates are still coming all the time.
    -If you have no sound try turning the volume all the way down then up again for alarms, calls, notification, etc.
    -Try re-selecting your ring tones in the app or clearing cache and/or data for that app.
    -Call volume is known to be a bit loud now.
    -There seems to be an issue with Google Now voice recognition mic volume. Try talking in to the noise cancellation mic (top).
    -If your phone is not speaking Google Now results or street names in Navigation properly make sure you are using English (US) in the language settings (other languages/nationalities are currently not supported).

Camera/Gallery
    -Swipe to gallery feature was "broken" by the addition of pinch to zoom. To get it to work swipe outside of image and buttons (in the grey area). **Reverted and reportedly fixed in 9/10**
    -There is currently no option to store to external SD (yet).
    -The built in gallery does not sync to Picasa. This is a known bug.

Battery Life
    -Battery calibration is wiped after first installing or upgrading. Wait a full cycle before trusting percent reported.
    -Install BBS http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1179809 to track alarms and wake locks.
    -Battery use after clearing caches after upgrading is high. Wait til it is finished rebuilding before gauging drain.
    -Other kernels give more control over battery and performance. You can try those but don't report any other bugs here if you do.

Screen Flicker
    -Has improved recently but can be seen occasionally, particularly with 3rd party keyboards or graphics intensive apps.
    -Going to "System Settings->Developer Options" and choosing "Disable HW Overlays" fixes the flicker at the expense of performance.

USB Storage
    -There is no UMS (Generic USB Mass Storage) mode by default on our phones. You may need to install MTP drivers or a different OS that supports it. There are apps http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1711009 that allow UMS access but there are drawbacks.
    -If you followed any of the procedures in the IMEI thread and did not properly revert to MTP mode you may need to do so before being able to access your storage via USB.

Home button wake
    -Going to System "Settings->Performance->Processor" and increasing the minimum CPU frequency from 384 to 486 is reported to fix it.

64GB+ SD Cards
    -CM will not directly support the exFAT format due to licensing restrictions
    -You can format as FAT32 (with the restriction of not being able to have files over 4GB each)
    -Not sure if it is supported at the moment, but in the future you should be able to format as ext (fixes the 4GB file problem, but makes the card unreadable by Windows without special tools)

Anything gapps related involving non-recommended gapps
    -For example problems with text messaging when using inverted gapps
    -Use recommended gapps.

-Use the default kernel.

Installing/Upgrading
    When updating from Nightlies MAKE SURE you are downloading the CM10 zip file. The CM9 weekly files show up in the same list.

The M flagged zip files are the same as every other nightly, except care is taken in the days/week before releasing the M edition to not introduce any new features into Nightlies that might break the system. This means that if you flash only the M files you are less likely to run into "show-stopping" bugs. After the M edition is released developers will continue adding new features to the Nightlies that may or may not result in instability.

The recommended nightly upgrade procedure should be:
    -Backup/Nandroid
    -Format /system (under Mounts and Storage)
    -Wipe cache
    -Wipe Dalvik cache (under Advanced)
    -Install Nightly ROM zip
    -Install gapps zip
    -Reboot System

You may be able to get away with only:
    -Backup/Nandroid (not technically required, but you're a crazy-pants if you don't)
    -Wipe cache (It looks like dalvik-cache is included in the /cache partition on our phones - it isn't for all phones - so a /cache wipe should cover Dalvik as well. I'm no expert though, so don't take my word for it if you have problems NOT wiping Dalvik cache specifically)
    -Install Nightly Rom zip
    -Reboot System

Apps Force Closing/Other Strange Behaviour That Other People Are Not Reporting
    -Try running Fix Permissions from recovery
    -After backing up, try a Factory Reset combined with the above flashing steps to see if the error occurs on a clean system (Factory Reset does not wipe/format your SD card(s), only erases all apps and app/system data

-Use the default kernel.
    Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you find things to be thankful for; because there is always something to be grateful for.
    Thanks for all of your contributions to this thread, you've all made our experiences better with CM
    Hi all,

For those of who on Rogers Wireless and having problem on WiFi tethering under LTE network on their CM 10.2, here is the solution I found on CM forum. Credit goes to op of http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/76413-wifi-tethering-and-cm-102-issues/.

I tested it on my Rogers rooted SGS3 with the latest NIGHTLY "10/04" and working well to share WiFi under LTE network to my TouchPad!!!

Cheers!
    [SIZE=+2]This thread is designed ONLY for the support of the
    ATT%20Rogers%20Telus_logo2.png
    devices.[/SIZE]​

This thread is designed to help keep the dev thread clean and clear for the dev's to do their magic. So please feel free to ask any questions about the ROM, but trolling and flaming will not give great results and will be reported.

The main Dev thread is located HERE
    GAAPS can be found HERE
    ClockworkMod can be found HERE listed as "Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)"

THE NIGHTLY's Can be found HERE

Post your findings/fixes with your install procedure, along with your CWM version, your kernel and any mods

Thank you kangi26 for having created this informational thread

Fixes and Mods:

First Circle Battery Mod by Tiffany84! :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29092238&postcount=1070

Crysis Battery Icon CM10 Build 7/29 by tiffany84:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29761975&postcount=23
    http://d-h.st/2oH

JT Inverted Productions JusTunBean Inverted JB
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29343474

Bypass Exchange Security settings:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1117452
    Thanks r0ckvn for the link

LogCat thanks to sublimejosh2000:
    Open your terminal on your phone and type:
    su
    logcat > /sdcard/log.txt

It will continue to write to the file as long as terminal is open and when you experience the bug, it will catch it. When you reboot you should have a nice text file for uploading to the thread

*** If you are getting errors playing Media Files or are seeing multiples of the same image or Grey items. This is "Ghosting", for some reason(what/why this is is unknown to me). The Fix:
    Go to Settings/Apps/All/scroll down to Media Storage, and Clear Data. Reboot, and Scan your media again. Depending how much you have will determine how long it takes. This will happen again when rebooting, maybe not the first or second reboot, but it'll happen again

[SIZE=+3]I am having trouble installing/running/updating CM10[/SIZE]

If you're seeing any problems other than the issues that are posted by the ROM dev's. Try this method.
    Big thanks to QuasiModem

Wipe Data \ Factory Reset
    Wipe Cache
    Advanced => Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Mounts and Storage => format /system & format /data & format /cache
    Advanced => Reboot Recovery
    Wipe Data \ Factory Reset
    Wipe Cache
    Advanced => Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Mounts and Storage => Mount /system
    Mounts and Storage => Mount /data
    Flash ROM