Vox Rose Kitchen 2.0 [WM 6.0 + 6.1 + 6.5] UPDATED to 2.0

Search This thread

frauhottelmann

Inactive Recognized Developer
Vox Rose Kitchen 2.0 [WM 6.0 + 6.1 + 6.5]
I present to you my new Vox Rose Kitchen v2.0.

It now supports the Vox and the Rose.
The downloads here will be Vox specific only. All the ROM, SYS and OEM folders will only work with the Vox.
For the Rose version go here!

For all things you can do with the kitchen, please look at the thumbnail!

Requirements:
  • dotNET Framework (at least 2.0)
  • Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
  • Windows XP or higher is recommended (SplashMaker doesn't work under 64-bit operating systems)
  • Kitchen has to be located like this: %systemdrive%\Vox Kitchen\... -- So in the "Vox Kitchen"-folder should be the exe and all the folders (OEM,SYS,ROM,TOOLS)!

Downloads:

The download comes in two parts!
First is the TOOLS folder and the "Vox Rose Kitchen 2.0.exe".
The second part are the ROM, SYS and OEM folders.

General Downloads (always needed):

Downloads for WM 6.0:

Downloads for WM 6.1 (should be20282.1.3.6):

Downloads for WM 6.5:

Changelog:

v1.2 -> v2.0
  • updated the whole kitchen to be compatible with the Rose (S740)
  • made extracting a lot easier (therefore I removed the wizards), also gives you the XIP of the ROM
  • automatically implants xip when you place a xip.bin in the ROM folder (therefore I removed the XIP wizard, but it's still in the tools folder)
  • updated the build wizard accordingly
  • some new graphics
If you want to use the batch version, you'll have to use the old v1.2 where it's still included, but without the benefits of automatic xip implantation -> download 1.2

And of course Thanks to Dr. G!!!

Last edited:

frauhottelmann

The Building Process

Fire up "Vox Rose Kitchen.exe" in the normal kitchen folder ("C:\Vox Rose Kitchen") and go to the build tab. It'll look like this:

buildtab.png

The first step is to start G'Reloc and check if the values are right for the Vox (look at the picture) and click on "Do it"!

greloc2.png

• If you are cooking with WM 6.5 you might get errors, because G'Reloc isn't ready for Wm 6.5. In this case you click OK and then "Do it!" again and it'll tell you which module is producing the error. You can now either go to that folder and use Unlocker to unlock the "tmp"-file and delete it and then click "Do it!" again to keep going or you use recmod to make a file out of the module (better if you are cooking more then once). I recommend the recmod path it's easier and faster once you've eliminated all "bad" modules!
  • The WM 6.5 package I supply has all modules already fixed, so you don't need to worry!
When G'Rleoc is done (it might look like it hangs and then unexpectedly is done), you can close it and continue on with BuildOS. Here you can choose what to include and what not to include (only OEM packages, if you don't want certain languages (all the xxx_LANG_0XXX folders) or SYS packages you'll have to delete them manually! Please do not remove the package I have marked in the picture, unless you are re-integrating customer service (but why would you :confused::eek::rolleyes:).

Click on the green play button once you have selected everything you want! It'll say done at the bottom once it's done!

buildos2.png

When it's done you can close it and click on "Create Vox ROM".
This will automatically insert a xip into the new ROM if there is one present in the ROM folder (xip.bin). You don't need a new XIP for 6.1 and I integrated the right one in my WM 6.5 package. So basically you don't have to worry about XIPs.

create.png

The cmd window will do everything on it's own and it's done when the window closes itself. You now have a OS.nb in the temp folder.
Now open then "Start HTC ROM Tool" and click on "Build!":

htcrmtl1.png

Under "Device" choose Excalibur.
Change the "Version" to what ever you want and leave the rest alone.
Then select a OS and choose the OS.nb in the temp folder.
Then click on "Build" and save the ROM in TOOLS\VoxFLASH and you are done with cooking!

htcrmtl3.png

Last edited:

SAHILISTHEBEST

Jan 3, 2008
kanpur
I have been waiting for WM6.5 kitchen for a long time. Great minds will come to work again.
cooking 6.5 will be fun.
Thanks!!

deuse

Apr 5, 2009
Birmingham
Thank FMs..did you have a good time in scotland?

I just ahd a quick look at this and...I got no chance lol

Last edited:

joeskull

Oct 20, 2008
São Paulo
Hello, guys...

I´m completely new to Vox world, I´m coming from Excalibur, and I want to know if I´ll be able to backup my current rom with this tool. Also, I want to know if it´ll be possible to restore this backup if something goes wrong with a WM6.5 upgrade, for example.

I´m currently using WM6.0 Stock ROM. My vox never saw another rom in it´s life. :D

Also, is there a step-by-step guide to do this backup/restore procedure? I found some articles (using the search tool), but they seem to be incomplete or outdated. I´m really afraid of bricking my expensive device.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

dark_prince

May 5, 2007
Islamabad
WM6.5 Offical V1 built and my phone hangs in bootloader splash for infinite time (I tried waiting for more than half an hour then gave up installing original HTC WM6 update)

I tried disabling the options for third party software (first 4 in the list) but still it hangs in startup screen.

From official word it seemed to me that it has stock WM6.5 icons form microsoft but later seeing "Clean" rom screenshots i became sure that the "official" will much look the same.

Regards
Moeen

Last edited:

frauhottelmann

hi frauhottelmann
can i build a wm6.1 vox spanish rom with all the files available in the 1st post?
Also, where could I get a spanish language for building the rom?

thanks,

No, there are no Spanish files, I don't have them all.

WM6.5 Offical V1 built and my phone hangs in bootloader splash for infinite time (I tried waiting for more than half an hour then gave up installing original HTC WM6 update)

I tried disabling the options for third party software (first 4 in the list) but still it hangs in startup screen.

From official word it seemed to me that it has stock WM6.5 icons form microsoft but later seeing "Clean" rom screenshots i became sure that the "official" will much look the same.

Regards
Moeen

Don't know, what you're doing wrong, but I didn't change anything from my ROM to the kitchen, so it should boot (and nobody complained yet).
Otherwise please try v1.2 (download) and build the ROM with that version. I haven't tried v2.0 with the Vox, but it should work.

What do you want to tell about the icons?

dark_prince

May 5, 2007
Islamabad
No, there are no Spanish files, I don't have them all.

Don't know, what you're doing wrong, but I didn't change anything from my ROM to the kitchen, so it should boot (and nobody complained yet).
Otherwise please try v1.2 (download) and build the ROM with that version. I haven't tried v2.0 with the Vox, but it should work.

What do you want to tell about the icons?

I just installed clean v3.0 of WM6.5 and it has the original icons :) so my problem is solved in that regard.

Any way to get plain files for translating into spanish? or most are built without source

I have French, Czech, Italian, Greek and Polski/Polish localisations but unfortunately i dont have spanish localisation for Windows Mobile standard :(

Any fix to change sliding panel to default HTC one rather using Titanium (its slower than HTC's Sliding panel)

Last edited:

nathanpc

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Could you please upload the WM 6.0 ROMs and OEM + SYS, but now using a *.zip or *.rar format, because the installer that you're using is crashing on my Windows Vista.

nathanpc

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
When I tried what I got was this:
Code:
Can not open file 'C:\Program Files\Vox Kitchen\oem_sys.exe' as archive
And the same for the rom.exe :(