CAGED

Jan 15, 2011
better to see than reading!

photos below are shot with my xperia V

three months ago
attachment.php

now
attachment.php

outer variables like lighting conditions of two photos are almost the same.

well, three months ago I used sony stock based rom(semc camera) and now I use CM11(but has some sony technology - check FXP225 athttps://sites.google.com/site/projectfreexperia/download/progress), furthermore I'm getting result like this with sony stock rom camera app these days anyway.

another comparison, this time with HD2.
and again, same conditions.

xperia V
attachment.php

HD2
attachment.php

and finally a shot of lens of my xperia v (shot with HD2)
attachment.php

I really need to fix it before 12/27(UTC+9).. because I have a flight to japan that day and purpose of going is to travel.. and I really want to take pictures with my xperia v.. due to the fact that I don't have a better camera than it..

I ordered my one from HK, because sony is not selling xperia devices in my country.. so I can't get sony c/s and have to fix it my self and I don't think FedEx economy will deliver the ordered part by than.. and UPS Express(?) costs almost 99euros..

well I read what I wrote and it's just like a long line of complaining :rolleyes:
but any way I wanna ask you guys if there are some one else is having similar lens damage like me or is it just happening me?

and it would be grateful if some one tells me a solution of this situation :)

Attachments

• DSC_0206.jpg
    DSC_0206.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 3,461
  • IMG_20131222_132056.jpg
    IMG_20131222_132056.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 3,423
  • IMG_20131222_132638.jpg
    IMG_20131222_132638.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 3,373
  • IMG_20131222_133653.jpg
    IMG_20131222_133653.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 3,398
  • IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 3,317
Last edited:

CAGED

Jan 15, 2011
That looks really badly scratched. How did it happen?

Sent from my LT29i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

well I think i handled my device gently.. might be scratched when I removed the battery cover..:confused:
It didn't became like this at once, since about 6 months ago, damage started from outskirt of the lens..

SammiSaysHello

XDA Portal Team
Sep 3, 2012
Australia
well I think i handled my device gently.. might be scratched when I removed the battery cover..:confused:
It didn't became like this at once, since about 6 months ago, damage started from outskirt of the lens..
have you tried glasses/lens cleaning solution? Spray a little bit and wipe the lens with a cloth. I'm not sure if it'll do much though.

Reactions: CAGED

CAGED

Jan 15, 2011
used glass towel with glass cleaner(blue liquid) and blur disappeared!
until now I only used glass towel.. but I can't fiqure out why the lens got stained..;
attachment.php

but..
attachment.php

but of course scratches and some sort of exfoliation of coating(?) is still there..
it's not affecting the image quality(at least for now, I think..) but it's a proof of the fact that xperia V's lens is easy to get scratched ;(

any way ordered middle housing, which contains rear camera lens, apparently lens is not sold stand alone.
ordered black one to make mixture of white model and black model, white back cover with black middle hoop and shiny chrome(?) port covers!
attachment.php

and thanks for advise!

Attachments

• DSC_0116.jpg
    DSC_0116.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 3,088
  • SL270011.jpg
    SL270011.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 345
  • order.png
    order.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 2,899
Last edited:

peter-k

Jul 31, 2013
Singapore
until now I only used glass towel.. but I can't fiqure out why the lens got stained..;

Good to hear!

Consider not using a regular glass / window cleaner on coated glass. It may contain tensides / ammoniac which some coating don't like. What you need is a liquid designed for optical glass, or methyl alcohol, and a microfibre. Remove dust and other particles with a brush or by blowing before cleaning. Don't dry-clean optical glass. At least breath on it first and then use the microfibre. If there are still smudges use a drop of the methyl alcohol on the microfibre.

Reactions: CAGED

CAGED

Jan 15, 2011
until now i used typical ones to clean lenses.. thanks for useful information!

taking care of lenses is harder than I thought..
hope new lens I ordered keep good condition.

diwahar506

Dec 29, 2013
Black housing for xperia v

Dude :( here too same problem ..my xperia v too got scratched heavily...am really worried about it...can you please tell me where can i get full black housing for xperia v..my mail id "diwahar506@gmail.com"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    have you tried glasses/lens cleaning solution? Spray a little bit and wipe the lens with a cloth. I'm not sure if it'll do much though.

Good to hear!

Consider not using a regular glass / window cleaner on coated glass. It may contain tensides / ammoniac which some coating don't like. What you need is a liquid designed for optical glass, or methyl alcohol, and a microfibre. Remove dust and other particles with a brush or by blowing before cleaning. Don't dry-clean optical glass. At least breath on it first and then use the microfibre. If there are still smudges use a drop of the methyl alcohol on the microfibre.
    I use pencil the eraser to remove the scratches and dirt