My Xperia SP is SO SLOW!!

Search This thread

gino_76ph

May 25, 2011
London
Hi there!

I recently bought an Xperia SP and had it unlocked fully so now i can use any SIM.

But it seems that there is a problem: my phone is slow. I only have a handful of apps installed, nothing is programmed or working in the background or Sync is turned off.

I checked the OS and it is still stuck to Android 4.1.2 but the official Sony Mobile website says the latest is 4.3.

Is there an app to help speed up my phone?

Why is my phone not detecting the 4.3 update?

Please advice. Thanks.

miller1323

Oct 13, 2013
St leonards on sea
Hi there!

I recently bought an Xperia SP and had it unlocked fully so now i can use any SIM.

But it seems that there is a problem: my phone is slow. I only have a handful of apps installed, nothing is programmed or working in the background or Sync is turned off.

I checked the OS and it is still stuck to Android 4.1.2 but the official Sony Mobile website says the latest is 4.3.

Please advice. Thanks.

Search google for Sony XPERIA SP C5303 - Android 4.3 - firmware 12.1.A.0.266. The site is called xperia firmware (i would post the link but im not allowed. Once the phone is updated you may need to restart the phone like i did to get up to speed (mine was incredibly slow after first boot)

Rmin89

Dec 11, 2012
Search google for Sony XPERIA SP C5303 - Android 4.3 - firmware 12.1.A.0.266. The site is called xperia firmware (i would post the link but im not allowed. Once the phone is updated you may need to restart the phone like i did to get up to speed (mine was incredibly slow after first boot)

This phone is very fast with ICS, with JB is very slow!

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
Maybe just reflash the firmware and see if it gets better (4.1.2, as 4.3 has a big chance of bad RAM management)

Reactions: gino_76ph

ashishgoswami

May 10, 2016
Hi go to the settings >about phone>touch on built no until it shows you are developer> go back>developer option> Scroll down and change Window Animation Scale, Transition Animation Scale and Animator Duration to 0.5x> Done.
It has worked wonderful for me.
Regards
Ashish.goswami316@gmail.com

Hi go to the settings >about phone>touch on built no until it shows you are developer> go back>developer option> Scroll down and change Window Animation Scale, Transition Animation Scale and Animator Duration to 0.5x> Done.
It has worked wonderful for me.
Regards
Ashish.goswami316@gmail.com
Really? Digging up 2 Year old thread?
I wanna talk crap here now.

dex73r

May 20, 2016
I have Xperia SP too and it's slow af, any tips what to do? 4.1.2 jellybeans - 12.0.A.1.257 frmware - im rookie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there!

Please advice. Thanks.

Maybe just reflash the firmware and see if it gets better (4.1.2, as 4.3 has a big chance of bad RAM management)
    I brought SP yesterday that come with 4.1.2, today i update it to 4.3. Simply Awesome!

By the way, I am from Bangladesh!