[Q] Schedulers

Search This thread

DamnItLukasz

Mar 24, 2014
Madrid
Hi and forgive my 'noobness' but do you guys think there's a significal difference in performance/battery if I use a different scheduler, because I googled a lot about the differences between all of them and I actually understand what all they do and their main advantages. Some people say that ROW feels quicker than deadline but Im not sure if its placebo. A guy in andrux-and-me(dot)blogspot(dot)com(dot)es/2014/05/io-schedulers-and-performance-2(dot)html compared/tested them so that's why I was wondering.
I always use the default scheduler in ElementalX (ROW I think) and never had any troubles but I also believe that Franco uses deadline so I was wondering what the experts here have to say.

Last edited:

Ofthecats

Jun 18, 2013
Hi and forgive my 'noobness' but do you guys think there's a significal difference in performance/battery if I use a different scheduler, because I googled a lot about the differences between all of them and I actually understand what all they do and their main advantages. Some people say that ROW feels quicker than deadline but Im not sure if its placebo. A guy in andrux-and-me(dot)blogspot(dot)com(dot)es/2014/05/io-schedulers-and-performance-2(dot)html compared/tested them so that's why I was wondering.
I always use the default scheduler in ElementalX (ROW I think) and never had any troubles but I also believe that Franco uses deadline so I was wondering what the experts here have to say.

I've done benchmarks with some schedulers at different buffer sizes, and other users have done way more extensive testing.

it is heavily device dependent and benchmarking does not exactly reflect real-life usage.

your best bet is to find one that works for you.

my two most common are row and fiops at 512 or 1024 buffer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Difference isn't too noticeable for most.