• No!

Votes: 139 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tuborg68

Jan 3, 2011
Sv: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

Was out of line in my last post. I apologize.

Skickat från min HTC Desire via Tapatalk 2

Reactions: theDroidfanatic

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
so far all the photos i saw from the One are showing two things:

- in terms of details and quality no one can deny details are lost by going back to 4MP

- in terms of low light and dynamic range, it really works, low light photos have dramatically less noise (if any), much more accurate colors and brightness, this is a breakthrough to be honest, i have seen lots of comparison samples over at HTC Elevate (which i can't share) and to be honest the results speak for themselves

the sharpness however is in your control HTC usually provides 2 minus levels and 2 plus in sharpness options

but again no denying details are lost in 4MP (half the One X)

so i dont think we should fool ourselves, what HTC is selling is actually a camera which has better dynamic range and low light than any other phone (except the pureview one)

some images are misleading, where you see in a comparison for example a competitor phone showing more brigthness but washed out, meanwhile the One shows a less bright image but vastly more dynamic range, you simply go to the gallery hit auto enhance and the image will magically brighten up

in the simplest of words, you are trading pixel detail for better light considering it's a phone and in daily usage you actually need the low light ability a little bit more than detail in day light, previously low light images on all phones were almost useless

Once i get my hands on the device, i will show you how to properly provide a comparison ;) (Check my desire HD camera guide for an idea)

Last edited:
Reactions: poondog

Dark13lade

May 31, 2012
Re: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

About camera I think that if someone will do a research, he will find that most pictures taken with smartphone are in a low light environment. So this step is good from HTC, problem is making everyone else understand it

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: hamdir

NexusC

May 4, 2011
I'm really curious about support for the tv app and infrared remote control in Europe.
My expectations on this are not too high, but certainly not a dealbreaker.

BlueSingA

Dec 24, 2012
Novi Sad
Unfortunately they fail to actually show the original images of the HTC One (they are either up- or down scaled)...
Without those pictures the comparision is 100% worthless because they don't provide any information on the software and settings used to scale the images.
Conclusion: Image comparision without providing unaltered images = worthless!

Agreed. Or in worst case (since they actually underwent through with the upscaling/downscaling), why didn't they downscale images to 4mpix, HTC One native to make it fair?

jonas2295

Jan 4, 2010
Bavaria
Should I ask my contact @ htc if it is a ddr3 or a ddr2? He has a htc one in his hands

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Well yes but even if he has it in his hands he can't tell, it's not written anywhere

But u can ask him to run a GLBenchmark 2.5 Egypt HD C24Z16 - Offscreen (1080p) test, on a full battery, no power saving and a clean run (just this test standalone) :D

Well he is the one who is responsible for pr stuff for htc Germany. I get my HTC One from him later.

I can ask him to do a benchmark, not sure if he will do that.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Asked for the clarification of ddr2 or ddr3 and asked for the benchmark result when you run it without any influence of previous benchmarks.

from the ddr2 - ddr3 thread

Reactions: -]Megacharge[-

Tuborg68

Jan 3, 2011
Sv: HTC Flagship 2013 - HTC One - Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 - Mega Information Thread

@Hamdir: if you have seem more sample pics taken with the One, can you say anything about how the optical image stabilization seems to work?
Really excited about this combined with the larger pixels. Should make for easier shooting in poor light.

Skickat från min Transformer TF101 via Tapatalk 2

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
@Hamdir: if you have seem more sample pics taken with the One, can you say anything about how the optical image stabilization seems to work?
Really excited about this combined with the larger pixels. Should make for easier shooting in poor light.

Skickat från min Transformer TF101 via Tapatalk 2

Don't we need videos to judge this?

Tuborg68

Jan 3, 2011

Don't we need videos to judge this?

Dunno, but I believe OIS should help taking stills without shake blurs in low light when shutter times are longer.

Skickat från min HTC Desire via Tapatalk 2

ShyamSasi

Dec 10, 2010
CLASSIFIED
Despite of HTC providing a lot of information it will be hard to convince a greater crowd 4 MP vs. 13 MP. Even today I argued with my friend about it. People who go to store then decide which phone will have trouble selecting HTC One. Let's see how far HTC can be successful convincing the average crowd. They really need to train the Sales guys about Ultra Pixels.

HTInOxM8

Jan 21, 2012
Despite of HTC providing a lot of information it will be hard to convince a greater crowd 4 MP vs. 13 MP. Even today I argued with my friend about it. People who go to store then decide which phone will have trouble selecting HTC One. Let's see how far HTC can be successful convincing the average crowd. They really need to train the Sales guys about Ultra Pixels.

Yup mate. Especially here in our area. Even when i got the One X I was explaining to the sales guy about it features :p . They really need to train them and reach to the average crowd. I've tried convincing some of my friends and some 2-3 of them are getting the ONE along with me. Let's see what HTC does.

matheus_sc

Mar 27, 2011
Barretos-SP

I think htc must focus in software(zoe) this video show great features of zoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mu9imlyj5o

Last edited:
Reactions: beno619

ShyamSasi

Dec 10, 2010
CLASSIFIED
Yup mate. Especially here in our area. Even when i got the One X I was explaining to the sales guy about it features :p . They really need to train them and reach to the average crowd. I've tried convincing some of my friends and some 2-3 of them are getting the ONE along with me. Let's see what HTC does.

Samsung pays our mobile retailers very well. They always push for Samsung than HTC. Once in Univercell Mobile Store customer was asking about HTC Explore and the guy was pushing some Samsung device. I told him to trust HTC it's a lot better to go for it. The Sales guy gave me a look :D

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

I think htc must focus in software(zoe) this video show great features of zoe

Yes mate ... Lot of people like software tweaks than hardware I personally know lot of people went to Note 2 or S3 because of S-Voice, Multi window etc.

Reactions: HTInOxM8

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Here is an interview with alex davies ( director htc designs) explaing about the look of the htc one...

excellent and revealing interview, it actually explains the unibody pretty well, its a "combosite" metallic structure where the plastics are "one" with the unibody, also explains the silver is a bit more durable but the paint on the black version is also rugged and scratch resistant, he said its their strongest unibody shell yet, the new combosite unibody eliminates squeaking parts

this one goes to the OP ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts