[Q] Misconception MayBe

Search This thread

Quick_learner

Aug 6, 2014
Mumbai
Hi Guys I am New to this forum

By Reading Above the Post Thread I am now in a little bit of Confusion
i always want to root my doodle 2 but m scare what if it dont work and the rooting process fail..
are it going to affect the current software of my phone...

and Also if Someone Can Please Send me a Link Where they actual Perform The Rooting Process Succesfully of DOODLE 2

Also What is Rom... ??
I Actually Gets a Boost by Seeing this Post : http://xdaforums.com/canvas-doodle-2/development/mod-storage-extend-2-gb-mod-mmx-doodle-t2761458

Where this guys rams get 3 GB... Amazing Stuff...

Honestly m getting Very Inspire from this Forum... There Is Alot to Learn Here from You Guys... Thanks Again.. :)

c.apurv

Sep 11, 2013

i always want to root my doodle 2 but m scare what if it dont work and the rooting process fail..

and Also if Someone Can Please Send me a Link Where they actual Perform The Rooting Process Succesfully of DOODLE 2

Also What is Rom... ??
I Actually Gets a Boost by Seeing this Post : http://xdaforums.com/canvas-doodle-2/development/mod-storage-extend-2-gb-mod-mmx-doodle-t2761458

Honestly m getting Very Inspire from this Forum... There Is Alot to Learn Here from You Guys... Thanks Again.. :)

Hi,

I'll try my best to explain you; however, please be informed I'm also new to this.

Let's start with rooting. Rooting allows you to run special applications like SuperUser, SetCPU. Allows you to flash custom kernels and ROMs like cyanogen mod. Also you free up memory that extra apps use.. In easy language, you get full access to everything..

If you want the most complete, hands-on way to control what your phone is capable of...it's best to root it. Rooting gives you access to manipulate your phone in a way that carriers try to keep you from doing.

I also got Micormax Canvas Doodle 2 (A240) and have rooted it. You can download "Famraroot.apk" transfer it to your phone, install it and you'll notice that your phone gives you a flash message to reboot your phone. As soon as you reboot, you'll notice that your phone now has "SuperSU" in the app drawer which will prove that your phone is rooted. For installing different modifications, you'll need a custom recovery.

ROM, in easy words, you can say is the operating system of the phone.

Only rooting will not affect current software (ROM) of your phone; however, if you'll flash a custom ROM, it certainly will.

Last but not the least, the link which you've provided is for extending the internal memory of the phone to 3GB. PLEASE BE INFORMED IT'S NOT GONNA INCREASE YOUR RAM AS THAT IS A HARDWARE FEATURE. It'll increase your internal memory so that you can install and run more applications easily. Since I flashed this mod way back, I don't remember exactly what the internal memory was. You can go through different threads and can easily root your phone and mod it accordingly.

Please be informed, I'll not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your phone.

A small tip would be learning the procedure of flashing the stock ROM of your phone and keeping the file handy so that if in any case, anything goes wrong, you always have an option of bringing back your phone.

Reactions: Quick_learner

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Also What is Rom... ??

Hi,

I'll try my best to explain you; however, please be informed I'm also new to this.

Let's start with rooting. Rooting allows you to run special applications like SuperUser, SetCPU. Allows you to flash custom kernels and ROMs like cyanogen mod. Also you free up memory that extra apps use.. In easy language, you get full access to everything..

If you want the most complete, hands-on way to control what your phone is capable of...it's best to root it. Rooting gives you access to manipulate your phone in a way that carriers try to keep you from doing.

I also got Micormax Canvas Doodle 2 (A240) and have rooted it. You can download "Famraroot.apk" transfer it to your phone, install it and you'll notice that your phone gives you a flash message to reboot your phone. As soon as you reboot, you'll notice that your phone now has "SuperSU" in the app drawer which will prove that your phone is rooted. For installing different modifications, you'll need a custom recovery.

ROM, in easy words, you can say is the operating system of the phone.

Only rooting will not affect current software (ROM) of your phone; however, if you'll flash a custom ROM, it certainly will.

Last but not the least, the link which you've provided is for extending the internal memory of the phone to 3GB. PLEASE BE INFORMED IT'S NOT GONNA INCREASE YOUR RAM AS THAT IS A HARDWARE FEATURE. It'll increase your internal memory so that you can install and run more applications easily. Since I flashed this mod way back, I don't remember exactly what the internal memory was. You can go through different threads and can easily root your phone and mod it accordingly.

Please be informed, I'll not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your phone.

A small tip would be learning the procedure of flashing the stock ROM of your phone and keeping the file handy so that if in any case, anything goes wrong, you always have an option of bringing back your phone.