MultiROM

Search This thread

RumoredNow

Feb 28, 2011
Springfield Missouri
WTF! is it functional or is it really not stable and the most functions doesnt work??????

does it also work with the oneplus one?

Which are you referring to?

multiROM?

Sailfish Port?

Here's the MultiROM official thread on XDA: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011403 The best place by far to address any compatibility or function issues you have with MultiROM and the real, complete "How To" on installing and using MultiROM.

If it is the Sailfish Port... Have a bit of patience, Rome wasn't built in a day.

T-uzun

May 28, 2014
Bremen
Both!! i love sailfish but i cant give up a 100% functional android rom so i need sailfish with multiroom as second ROM.. so i need both!

T-uzun

May 28, 2014
Bremen
i think in the oneplus one section there is already a ported version of multirom for the One! Yeah i am still waiting for good news...

TooManyRoms

May 2, 2014
Google Pixel 2 XL
I installed Sailfish 1.0.8 with MultiRom on my Nexus 4 this past weekend and it works well. The one thing I can not figure out though is how to get Android Apps working. I think my install is missing Android Support. I can install the Android Apps that are in the Jolla Store, but they crash while opening. And Android Apps from other sources will not install at all. Is this par for the coarse when using MultiRom?

bill_klpd

Jul 18, 2014
I installed Sailfish 1.0.8 with MultiRom on my Nexus 4 this past weekend and it works well. The one thing I can not figure out though is how to get Android Apps working. I think my install is missing Android Support. I can install the Android Apps that are in the Jolla Store, but they crash while opening. And Android Apps from other sources will not install at all. Is this par for the coarse when using MultiRom?
If I am correct, android apps won't work at other phones running sailfish (except of Jolla). So this is a normal thing and it has nothing to do with multirom.

D

Deleted member 2842059

My god. I installed Sailfish via MR on my Nexus 5 this morning and it's like coming home to my old N9. It mystifies me why Jolla refuses to court the American market. It's easily the most elegant OS I've used in a long time.

Now, obviously, the port doesn't fully work but I'd love for this to become my daily driver. Anyone else run it on their Nexus 5? Have you signed up for a Jolla account?

RumoredNow

Feb 28, 2011
Springfield Missouri
...It mystifies me why Jolla refuses to court the American market...

1. Supply of Parts: Right now, with their ordering levels, Jolla is pretty far from a priority for top tier parts suppliers
  2. Playing Close to Home: That means Europe for Jolla and S/E Asia for their OEM partner - both of these areas also appear more willing to embrace tech that is outside the mainstream than a lot of other markets
  3. Advertising: The cost of getting word out in the US is astronomical
  4. Attitude: Examine the failure of anything else to gain traction in the US for the past ten years outside of iPhone and Android
  5. Maturity: I think Jolla is playing it smart, they have a ways to go yet before they can rapidly expand their base. The US tech market is one of the most hostile environments for a start up company to enter

T-uzun

May 28, 2014
Bremen
  1. Supply of Parts: Right now, with their ordering levels, Jolla is pretty far from a priority for top tier parts suppliers
  2. Playing Close to Home: That means Europe for Jolla and S/E Asia for their OEM partner - both of these areas also appear more willing to embrace tech that is outside the mainstream than a lot of other markets
  3. Advertising: The cost of getting word out in the US is astronomical
  4. Attitude: Examine the failure of anything else to gain traction in the US for the past ten years outside of iPhone and Android
  5. Maturity: I think Jolla is playing it smart, they have a ways to go yet before they can rapidly expand their base. The US tech market is one of the most hostile environments for a start up company to enter

so i installed multirom on my one and there is i can choose to install sailfish os! do i need just an image of sailfish os to install it??

Top Liked Posts