[ROM][JB] Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightlies - Wingray / MZ604 / WIFI ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

twinkyz1979

Feb 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Huh? That's really weird, that never happened to me. At first, it wouldn't recognize that I said anything, like it recognized my voice but the black dots just sat there. But then I installed the offline voice recognition pack and it worked like a charm. Maybe you could provide a screenshot?

I am a VZW Xoom running the stingray version maybe there is something different with the wingray version i will flash it and let you know if i have the same problem or if i get your results.

Hagbard57

Jul 14, 2010
Simi Valley, Ca
I full wiped but I will try gapps fixer. Thanks for the advice.

I did a full nandroid (just to be safe) then wiped cache and dalvik cache. I then installed this over the top of nightly 114. I then flashed gapps and because of those saying they lost calendar syn i flashed gapps fixer to be safe.

Upon reboot I have Youtube and Calendar sync available.

Not sure if that would be the case with a full wipe but I am happy none the less.

parnz

Jan 9, 2011
I appreciate your work, but may i ask you about umts everest jellybean nightlies?

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

Awesome job! best rom team ever! waiting for the umta everest jellybean for my 3g xoom.
any timeframe for the umts everest release with jellybean?

Umts_everest support will take longer than stingray and stingray_cdma. This is because no members of the team have this device.

2chars:cool:

JBM12G

Dec 9, 2010
Airdrie
So much faster then ICS. I love it; keep up the good work.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

thenemis

Apr 7, 2012
Umts_everest support will take longer than stingray and stingray_cdma. This is because no members of the team have this device.

i have umts_everest, i read http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 and sync repo with "android-4.1.1_r1" from aosp , and from eos "ics" will sync "jellybean". maybe i try to compile everest version from your git and start to test it. but .. how to ?

Reactions: i_am_the_one

twinkyz1979

Feb 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I really can't explain why its doing that, im not a developer by any means lol. the only thing I can think of is that its because your device is a stingray, not a wingray

I understand but now that it has been tried on both ROMS with a stingray device maybe it will lead to a fix since both ROMS yielded the same results being that this ROM should work on the stingray as well just without data.

nukedukem

Jun 23, 2010
Is anyone else having trouble with SD card write permissions? According to TBackup my SD card is not writable but my internal storage is. Because of this TB can't access my card for restoring backups, ect. I've clean installed twice with same result.

dLeTe

Jun 5, 2010
Music 4.3.605?

Did a full wipe, flashed rom and gapps. Everything working wonderfully. No issues with anything thus far besides the newest Google Play Music (v.4.3.605). Wasn't included so I tried apk from Android Apps & Games thread. Wouldn't install and pushing it didn't work either. I can download from Play store (v.4.1.513) fine. Just curious if anyone has the newest one working.

Hagbard57

Jul 14, 2010
Simi Valley, Ca
So Calendar sync is back now or you haven't flashed gapps fixer yet?

Before I read your last post I did a Cache and Dalvik wipe and reflashed gapps and gapps fixer and everything seems to be syncing wonderfully. I am still having the Google Search problem alot of people are talking about so I am thinking about just doing a complete wipe and reflash. I went to settings to download the offline voice but am just getting the black screen when I hit voice search.

So essentially I took your advice before I read it :)

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
Is anyone else having trouble with SD card write permissions? According to TBackup my SD card is not writable but my internal storage is. Because of this TB can't access my card for restoring backups, ect. I've clean installed twice with same result.

Known issue, I have to make a change to the permissions for this to work, and I haven't made that change yet.

HairyMerkin

Mar 5, 2010
Are their changelogs? Or not worrying about it since there's going to be so many so quickly? As soon as I installed 115, 116 came out :|

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
Are their changelogs? Or not worrying about it since there's going to be so many so quickly? As soon as I installed 115, 116 came out :|

Changelog can be found on jenkins...
http://jenkins.teameos.org/job/wingray/116/changes
so we neednt to wipe our device from ics nightlies to install this?

Installation Notes:
These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery (Solarnz R4c, Rogue, Clockwork)
Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY ICS based rom.

There, I made it bold for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team EOS XOOM​
    JB 4.1.1 Wingray MZ604​
    NIGHTLIES​

Continuing on from the success of the EOS ICS roms, we present to you EOS3, based on JELLYBEAN!

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. The launching point for this development effort is the Motorola XOOM.

For the latest news on Team EOS Xoom releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated every now and then, and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS Xoom is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/nightlies/wingray/

G-Apps Package
    Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Temporary Gapps package gapps
    --
    Features:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving, we do not provide a change log manually. Instead please see the changes on jenkins for your build.
    For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

Kernel:
    Tiamat ICS Xoom kernel
    Support for OC;Under/Overvolt
    Governors: lagfree, interactive, conservative, ondemand, userspace, performance

Kernel Note: In compliance with GPL kernel source can be found at: https://github.com/solarnz/Tiamat-Xoom

--

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery (Solarnz R4c, Rogue, Clockwork)
    Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY ICS based rom.

BUGS!
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

Changing the Stock Motorola Dual Core Boot Logo Splash Screen:
    While not a necessary feature of the Team EOS ICS builds make sure you check out the Team EOS Motorola Xoom Boot splash utility in the Android Market:

EOS Motorola Xoom Boot Splash

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

Welcome to the XOOM evolved. Welcome to Team EOS.
    Hmmm. What's all this buzz about? You guys are acting like I'm about to drop something! :D

Ok. A few things going on. First MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST TWRP FROM RUNANDHIDE OR THE LATEST CLOCKWORK. We haven't tested clockwork but it should be cool.

Do a good Nandroid and run titanium backup. Wiping is mandatory on my orders.

Me and runandhide came up with a unique solution for the /system partition size issue. You'll have a full gapps with plenty of room to spare. BUT YOU ARE FOREVER OBLIGATED TO USE OUR CUSTOM XOOM GAPPS. That's life. But I'm sure some innovative people will see what we did and emulate it.

All hardware and primary systems are GO.

Keyboard is wonky. I don't know why. Runandhide says use jellybean keyboard from market. It's flawless.

Some eos features are a bit wonky still. I'm on it.

For some reason it boots into tablet UI. Interesting.

I've almost got stingray LTE running. Radio fires up nice. Just some wonk to work thru.

Umts is coming up soon.

When in get Jenkins fired up goo will be the place to be.

I'll be opening new threads for EOS 4.0.

I've busted my ass bringing Eos 4.0 to the world. Solarnz has handed me leadership of this project and its been a hell of a learning curve.

Prepare.
    Let put a stop to all the negative BS, if a nighly is not to your liking, report the bug, provide your feedback then simply restore something that works for you, we all don’t really need to hear that build XXX is ****, and you’re going back to XXXXXROM i have been reading WAY to much negative comments that are MUCH more than just a bug or lag report, we ALL know what a nightly is WE ALL should know that Without the likes of solarnz, bigrushdog, Kenneth, kevin and many others that continue to work on this and other supported TeamEOS devices we would not have useful solid roms to flash and use FREE of charge. You guys MUST know that the team members are not sitting about in a basement plotting to make your Xoom as laggy as possible, you must know this but the way some of you speak to them/others here its as if you forgot, so read this as a simple friendly reminder that TeamOES does this because they want to make our Xooms run on the cutting edge of what is possible and what it can handle. I can with the up most confidence say that if there is a problem that they are not simply ignoring it, there is constantly commits added on a daily basis almost to their source.
    So please remember to be kind and not demanding, or state that there will be no more stable build for a while.
    Remember also that we are there testers, its not like they are sitting on nightlies for days testing them themselves, that’s what the nightly users (us) are for.
    I can assure you that the additions to their source are not to deliberately sabotage our user experience, but quit the contrary to improve on what is in my option one of the best Android devices out there.

Again please don’t read this as me bashing or flaming anyone, Just the voice of reason. In my years in the android community I have seen MANY teams come and go because of hateful users. And I for one WOULD be VERY VERY VERY pissed if they ever threw in the towel due to hateful comments or discouragement.
    So I end this with a very big, very grateful THANK YOU to the TEAM and all the individual members. And May we all continue to enjoy the fruits of their labors.

Sent from a grateful EOSROM user
    Lookin' for lag in all the wrong places

Guys- you CANNOT test for "lag issues" soon after (re-)booting when switching builds!

Whenever we make changes large enough to require Dalvik to reconfigure itself ("Android is Upgrading (Apps) ...") and/or changes to certain internal databases, there's going to be apps running for a while (as long as an hour on my Xoom, for example, 'cause I have ~40GB of movies, images and music the Media Scanner has to run thru) and they WILL eat CPU and run all over the flash disk, and these two reasons (the last especially) are 90% of why you get lag in Android. Open up any system monitor (I like System Tuner Pro" and "OS Monitor") and if that system monitor's not the top CPU user running, wait a while and then do your "tests" after that.

Aiso, "flicking launcher icons" is essentially meaningless as a test of lag, as the launcher itself is a large program in itself with a lot of data that has to be brought in, which means that if it's been killed off (or paged out, now that we're using a little bit of ZRAM swap) all that has to be brought back into memory, and "Launcher Lag" is one of those "luck of the draw" things that may or may not happen depending on what's been running, and what's in memory, and how much disk is being used, but LASTLY (and leastly) system CPU load. The Android system (and Android apps) are getting bigger memory footprints as functionality gets added over time, and what this means is that background apps (like the Launcher) have a greater chance of being pushed out to make more room in memory for something else (and if you're using a "Task Killer" app, STOP- you are not helping things out). The keyboard, what with the predictive typing and the amount of Framework usage that goes into it, is also a large app- and if it wasn't in memory, has to come back into it, so yeah, maybe your first few characters lag (and if you're typing into a webpage that's got Javascript running with every character, as I understand some versions of the XDA skin do, all bets are off- that ain't our fault).

This is not an iPad- Android doesn't limit the icon metadata nor lock in a simple launcher into memory just so people with "icon-swipe" fetishes can feel good about it- it's just not designed that way. The real test is "How fast do your favorite apps run?"

Lastly, and I'd posted this in the LTE thread, I think you guys with lag issues should turn on the CPU usage meter at all times. We've modified it so that it just gives a snapshot of both CPU and disk I/O usage. Go to Settings->Developer Options->Show CPU Usage and turn that on. You'll start to see a colored bar in your top right-hand corner; if you see more than a miliimeter of "blue" or "red", or if the first number is greater than about ~4.0, that means the system is tied up either in waits on the EMMC (flash disk) or in kernel processing, respectively, and the longer those are, the laggier the Xoom will be- and there's not much else we can do about it (and believe you me, I've put hundreds of hours into getting it to where we are now), mostly 'cause of the flash-disk part they chose when they built our Xoom.

Doesn't anyone think it's curious that half the folks here post how slow the SAME build that the other half thinks is OK? It's because of factors like this- the only thing really different on one Xoom vs. another running our builds is the apps people are running on it and the data they've got stored on it.

(TL;DR: if you're seeing lag, come back in an hour. Switching willy-nilly between builds otherwise doesn't help either you, or us in determining if there's a real problem.)
    New GAPPS package

Flash in recovery, no wiping of system or any other partition is required.
    Now includes the Gmail, Music and Youtube from jellybean.

Download here