[Q] how to know if li-ion battery is dead??

Search This thread

hrashdan

Nov 3, 2013
hello, i have a Sony xperia u phone and today it wouldn't charge , when i plug the charger on , i don't get any indication that its charging other than the small led on the right top of the phone turning red, the status bar won't change, now the phone is out of battery and its still not charging , it wont show the battery animation when connected to the charger while off like it used to,
its been on the charger for 4 hours now and it wont turn on
the charger is working (tried with differant phone)
now is it possible that the battery died?
and i noticed that on the top of the battery next to the connecters there is a red square , i remember it was white :confused: could it be a sign that the battery is dead? can someone check on there battery what color is it? "couldn't find a picture of it online "
thanks for your help

Last edited:

nettle77

Feb 2, 2013
Leiria
if you have a multimeter you can see if battery has any charge (volts). look on the battery connector if it has + - signs.
should be around 3.7v, i think.

on my XGO i can't remove the battery, so there is the "hard reset" mode: press power and volume_up until the phone makes 3 vibrations
is there somethink like that on your phone?

Reactions: hrashdan

hrashdan

Nov 3, 2013
if you have a multimeter you can see if battery has any charge (volts). look on the battery connector if it has + - signs.

on my XGO i can't remove the battery, so there is the "hard reset" mode: press power and volume_up until the phone makes 3 vibrations

i don't have a multimeter , and i don't know how to hard reset my phone unless its on

dara007_168

May 28, 2013
Phnom Penh
i don't have a multimeter , and i don't know how to hard reset my phone unless its on

u use Sony official charger or not ?

Sent from my Xperia U using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

PS:try to use auto charger

Reactions: hrashdan

hrashdan

Nov 3, 2013

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

yes, i do, i tried it on my other phone it worked
and i tried other chargers "not sony" on my mobile it didn't work either, but that charger worked for my phone earlier , so its either the phone or the battery

hrashdan

Nov 3, 2013
OK this was solved by a mobile technician who told me that the mobile had some water in it and it power shutdown :S, although i don't remember it touching water , he solved the issue and it wasn't the battery
thanks all for help
this thread is now closed :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yes, i do, i tried it on my other phone it worked
    and i tried other chargers "not sony" on my mobile it didn't work either, but that charger worked for my phone earlier , so its either the phone or the battery

ur last hope is go to the store and buy the auto charge.