[Q] Any way to keep the screen locked when using touchless control?

Search This thread

noriyori

Oct 12, 2010
I've been having the darndest time finding a solution for this, or any info for that matter.

I ride my bike a lot and use touchless control for checking time, navigating and playing music while the phone is in my pocket. Which is all great and I love it but the issue is the dreaded pocket touches. A lot of the time after giving a command I'll end up in settings menues or various apps or making calls since the touchless controls wake up the screen. Is there any way to keep the screen off when accepting voice commands?

drago10029

Nov 19, 2008
Phazon Mines
I've been having the darndest time finding a solution for this, or any info for that matter.

I ride my bike a lot and use touchless control for checking time, navigating and playing music while the phone is in my pocket. Which is all great and I love it but the issue is the dreaded pocket touches. A lot of the time after giving a command I'll end up in settings menues or various apps or making calls since the touchless controls wake up the screen. Is there any way to keep the screen off when accepting voice commands?

I have 2 non technical solutions yet mind blowing solutions! The first mind blowing solution is just flip your phone so the curved side is touching your skin/pocket.

2nd which I'm not too sure about is I think touchless controls have some lockscreen options also bonus you could just set a really short screen timeout like 10 seconds!

Hope that helped!

noriyori

Oct 12, 2010
I have 2 non technical solutions yet mind blowing solutions! The first mind blowing solution is just flip your phone so the curved side is touching your skin/pocket.

2nd which I'm not too sure about is I think touchless controls have some lockscreen options also bonus you could just set a really short screen timeout like 10 seconds!

Hope that helped!

Yeah, I guess mind blowing solution 1 will be it for me. I hate having a pin set on the phone as it's always in my pocket so no need for cumbersome security measures. And a 10 second timeout would drive me crazy when actually using my phone.

You'd think if it's smart enough to detect it's in my pocket it should have an auto-pocket mode.

Thanks though!