[bug] Resume last played media button is missing

Search This thread

bakatrouble

Apr 27, 2014
Resume last played media button is missing if last played video is from /storage/sdcard1/... folder. Completed videos aren't marked too. (Didn't checked another folders)
It is on its place even if last played media file is same but has another path because of different device mount point (/mnt/ext_sdcard/...)
(Just playing with filtering scanning folders)
OS is Android 4.2.2, PacMan Rom
Device is Huawei U9508
Here's a bug demostration:

Last edited:

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
I think MX Player is path specific. I'd recommend changing your defined video folders in your MX settings, so that it only checks 1 mount path of your SD card.

bakatrouble

Apr 27, 2014
I know that it's solution to change video folders
But why it does work for some folders and for some folders it doesn't?

bakatrouble

Apr 27, 2014
For example, it does appear for "/mnt/sdcard1/Anime/GTO/GTO - 01.avi", but doesn't for "/storage/ext_sdcard/Anime/GTO/GTO - 01.avi".
...while it's more likely to user select the /storage/... folder in settings, because when you open folder selection dialog, opened path is /storage/emulated/0/

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
For example, it does appear for "/mnt/sdcard1/Anime/GTO/GTO - 01.avi", but doesn't for "/storage/ext_sdcard/Anime/GTO/GTO - 01.avi".
...while it's more likely to user select the /storage/... folder in settings, because when you open folder selection dialog, opened path is /storage/emulated/0/
Have you checked under menu?

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Resume last played media button is missing if last played video is from /storage/sdcard1/... folder. Completed videos aren't marked too. (Didn't checked another folders)
It is on its place even if last played media file is same but has another path because of different device mount point (/mnt/ext_sdcard/...)
(Just playing with filtering scanning folders)
OS is Android 4.2.2, PacMan Rom
Device is Huawei U9508
Here's a bug demostration:

Yes, I can reproduce the problem.

In my case my external sd card is mounted in /storage/extSdCard. One more location is exists on /mnt/extSdCard which is actually a link not a mount point. But, real path of the file will be /storage/extSdCard/*

When MX Player scans, it saves the real path to avoid file duplicate file listing.

when you set to scan only /mnt/extSdCard on video folders it will list file. But the file state is saved with the real path. Since it's outside of folder to be scanned it will be ignored & resume button will be hidden. As you add /storage/extSdCard to the list resume button will back.

It's because of lack of standardisation in mount point & unnecessary link of mount points across OEMs.

So, you have to be careful when selecting folders.

There are some workarounds that can fix the issue. I will discuss it with the developer. If you have any suggestions, it's highly appreciable.

I have attached the logs collected with mx log collector.

@bleu8888
Can you confirm my statement?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• log.txt.zip
    45 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

bakatrouble

Apr 27, 2014
About suggestions...
For example, QuickPic doesn't show these links in Explorer mode (there is only "emulated" folder in /storage/), but it may produce some troubles for users, I think.

Top Liked Posts