Horrible customer service w/ Verizon abt antenna issue.

Search This thread

cmhphotog

Oct 10, 2013
I have had the LG G2 for a year now and I am experiencing issues with coverage. I am dropping calls or just not receiving them at all lately. I had verizon open a case about this last week which they promptly forgot to handle. Today I called back and asked for the results of the claim and was told that Verizons tech believed the issue was my phone, not the network.

I was then told I needed to have my phone replaced and the replacement would be out of warranty. Essentially..If it happens again, it's solely my problem. Being that this was a horrible offer I declined and stated I would want at least 6 months worth of warranty to cover the device for THIS issue alone. I was told a supervisor would call me and later she did. She refused a 6 month guarantee (on this issue alone) and asked me if I would be interested in resolving my issue by joining their edge program.

YEP! They suggested I essentially pay full retail for a phone to ensure this did not happen again. "Try another phone! It's an issue with the G2!", they said.

I don't want to be long winded, so here is some of the chat I had today. This is the 4th person I spoke to.

Cody: Thus far my option have been - Receive another LG G2 and hope it does not have the same issue (which would be fine if you all would allow me a warranty insuring a replacement if it did) or pay full retail for another device through Edge. Those are not great options.
Eliza: Thank you for that information! Please allow me a moment to access your account.
Eliza: I have an option for you, but it will require you to pay full price. Are you familiar with our device payment plan?
Cody: I'm being offered to pay full price to replace a device that Verizon acknowledges is faulty...
Eliza: This is similar to our Edge program, in that you will make the payments over a set amount of months. The Device Payment Plan allows those payments to be made over 12 months. Would that interest you?
Cody: I am not paying full price to correct an issue that Verizon has determined is not my fault.
Eliza: I understand. The only other option in this case would be the Certified Like New Replacement. I am sorry I don't have a more suitable option for you at this time.
Cody: Can you offer me a guarantee that the device will be replaced again if I have this same issue?
Eliza: No, I cannot. I can however assure you that this issue is not common with your device.
Cody: You're telling me "Hey, we understand that this isn't your fault, but you are still somehow fully responsible for the solution. You may have a phone that is possibly going to do the same thing..OR you can pay full retail for one"
Eliza: I apologize that we were unable to find a solution for you today. I will document your account with what we have discussed and gone over. Can I answer any other questions for you today?

Anyone else dealt with anything like this? I have loved this phone, but this is ridiculous. I cannot make or receive calls about 20% of the time & my G/F will be right next to me having no issues with her phone (iPhone, Verizon).

Jweimn

Jan 3, 2011
I have had the LG G2 for a year now and I am experiencing issues with coverage. I am dropping calls or just not receiving them at all lately. I had verizon open a case about this last week which they promptly forgot to handle. Today I called back and asked for the results of the claim and was told that Verizons tech believed the issue was my phone, not the network.

I was then told I needed to have my phone replaced and the replacement would be out of warranty. Essentially..If it happens again, it's solely my problem. Being that this was a horrible offer I declined and stated I would want at least 6 months worth of warranty to cover the device for THIS issue alone. I was told a supervisor would call me and later she did. She refused a 6 month guarantee (on this issue alone) and asked me if I would be interested in resolving my issue by joining their edge program.

YEP! They suggested I essentially pay full retail for a phone to ensure this did not happen again. "Try another phone! It's an issue with the G2!", they said.

I don't want to be long winded, so here is some of the chat I had today. This is the 4th person I spoke to.

Cody: Thus far my option have been - Receive another LG G2 and hope it does not have the same issue (which would be fine if you all would allow me a warranty insuring a replacement if it did) or pay full retail for another device through Edge. Those are not great options.
Eliza: Thank you for that information! Please allow me a moment to access your account.
Eliza: I have an option for you, but it will require you to pay full price. Are you familiar with our device payment plan?
Cody: I'm being offered to pay full price to replace a device that Verizon acknowledges is faulty...
Eliza: This is similar to our Edge program, in that you will make the payments over a set amount of months. The Device Payment Plan allows those payments to be made over 12 months. Would that interest you?
Cody: I am not paying full price to correct an issue that Verizon has determined is not my fault.
Eliza: I understand. The only other option in this case would be the Certified Like New Replacement. I am sorry I don't have a more suitable option for you at this time.
Cody: Can you offer me a guarantee that the device will be replaced again if I have this same issue?
Eliza: No, I cannot. I can however assure you that this issue is not common with your device.
Cody: You're telling me "Hey, we understand that this isn't your fault, but you are still somehow fully responsible for the solution. You may have a phone that is possibly going to do the same thing..OR you can pay full retail for one"
Eliza: I apologize that we were unable to find a solution for you today. I will document your account with what we have discussed and gone over. Can I answer any other questions for you today?

Anyone else dealt with anything like this? I have loved this phone, but this is ridiculous. I cannot make or receive calls about 20% of the time & my G/F will be right next to me having no issues with her phone (iPhone, Verizon).

My suggestion just have them send you a replacement chances are it wont have that issue. If it does you can cross that bridge when you get there but if it does solve your issue which I am certain it will. No need to truly worry about the what if at this point just have them send you a replacement and then deal with it if the issue still exists.

Reactions: cmhphotog

cmhphotog

Oct 10, 2013
My suggestion just have them send you a replacement chances are it wont have that issue. If it does you can cross that bridge when you get there but if it does solve your issue which I am certain it will. No need to truly worry about the what if at this point just have them send you a replacement and then deal with it if the issue still exists.

I'm thinking that is my best/only course of action. Thanks for your input!

Jweimn

Jan 3, 2011

No problem. I do believe the phone they'll said you will at least be warrantied by LG so if something is wrong you can go that route maybe. I may be wrong though but I'm almost certain a manufacturers warranty is in place even for replacement phones

Reactions: cmhphotog

cmhphotog

Oct 10, 2013
No problem. I do believe the phone they'll said you will at least be warrantied by LG so if something is wrong you can go that route maybe. I may be wrong though but I'm almost certain a manufacturers warranty is in place even for replacement phones

Thanks again, brother. I'll do some digging on the warrenty from LG. I love the device, just need to know the calls I should be getting are coming through!

Steamer86

May 29, 2012
Baltimore
You're suggesting that a thread in the general forum which discusses an issue I'm having with the device and service provider, which also asks other users if they have suffered the same issue, be deleted?

How about you delete the stick from your @$$, buddy.
I couldn't delete my own post. That's what that is there for. Pull the log out of yours.

johker216

Nov 7, 2012
I work for VZW support. Our warranty under the certified like new program ends at the end of your original 1 year period or 90 days, whichever falls later. If you get a replacement sent on day 364, you are covered until day 454.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks again, brother. I'll do some digging on the warrenty from LG. I love the device, just need to know the calls I should be getting are coming through!

You're welcome. Can't blame you though Its definitely a very important part of The phone that's for sure.