[Q] Stuck on boot screen

Search This thread
D

DrOcsid

Hi, my Shield is stuck on its boot screen, the one with the green shield and the mist whatever. I've tried restarting it but nothing is happening. I don't even know what caused it, I just picked it up and opened it and it was on its boot screen. Last thing I knew before it, it was working perfectly fine. I don't have recovery installed... It is rooted but I doubt that would cause this... any help?

Last edited:

hexitnow

Jun 19, 2013
Idaho
Hi, my Shield is stuck on its boot screen, the one with the green shield and the mist whatever. I've tried restarting it but nothing is happening. I don't even know what caused it, I just picked it up and opened it and it was on its boot screen. Last thing I knew before it, it was working perfectly fine. I don't have recovery installed... It is rooted but I doubt that would cause this... any help?
That's happened to me before.have you tried leaving it off for a few minutes and then restarting it. maybe try while its on the charger.If that doesn't solve it I would attempt to boot into stock recovery and perform a FDR. either way someone will get you back up and running again.

Last edited:
D

DrOcsid

That's happened to me before.have you tried leaving it off for a few minutes and then restarting it. maybe try while its on the charger.If that doesn't solve it I would attempt to boot into stock recovery and perform a FDR. either way someone will get you back up and running again.

I left it off all night and after I turned it on again this morning it's still stuck. I've tried it both on and off the charger, won't work either way.

D

DrOcsid

That's supposed to happen.you need to press home and back I believe to get the menu to pop up. might not be those buttons but there is a button combination to get it to popup.

Well yes, I hold home and back when I turn it on, and it brings me to a screen with these options:

Continue
Restart Bootloader
Recovery mode
Reboot
Poweroff

Selecting "Recovery mode" just brings me to a screen that says "no command". I tried doing various button commands to try and make something happen, but nothing happens.

hexitnow

Jun 19, 2013
Idaho
Well yes, I hold home and back when I turn it on, and it brings me to a screen with these options:

Continue
Restart Bootloader
Recovery mode
Reboot
Poweroff

Selecting "Recovery mode" just brings me to a screen that says "no command". I tried doing various button commands to try and make something happen, but nothing happens.
I realize that but Keep trying there's a two button combo to get the RECOVERY MENU to show up. If you can't get it I'll go get my shield and flash the stock recovery so i can figure it out.

Last edited:

knutsonboys

Feb 22, 2015
Nvidia Shield Portable

My sons Shield Portable is stuck on the screen that has a dead looking Android that says no command after trying to install a factory update. I have tried holding down the power button the home button and back button to try and recover. The recovery mode did nothing. The restart bootloader did nothing. I have pressed the power button and the home button at same time to try and wipe the data. I did wipe and hit the factory reset once I did that I hit reboot. when it started back up it still says the same thing. Please help

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2011
same problem

I have the same problem if anyone knows the combo to go straight into recovery I would really appreciate it.

scouse83

Mar 14, 2012
cheshire
Hey guys sorry if this is the wrong place but i rooted and installed a custom rom on my shield but regretted it right away because i loved the button mapper. Now when i try to flash the recovery.img via adb it fails every time i dont suppose anyone can help at all been stuck like this for ages now driving me mad my son cant use it now because he needs the button mapper for his games lol im not stuck on a boot screen but seeking any help i can at all
Cheers guys

Top Liked Posts