I want to lose root....

Search This thread

Ruki_Uki

May 7, 2010
Springfield
I have my EVO rooted with the newest Freshhh but I am going to trade my girlfriend for her white one. But she wants me to unroot the phone. I've tried everything and no luck. What if I find a 2.1 Rom then update it to 2.2? I would try but....can't find a 2.1 Rom with an active download link.

Sent from my EVO's 4G :) You?........I thought so

Stroid01

Nov 5, 2010
Atlanta,GA

Ruki_Uki

May 7, 2010
Springfield
Not to be an ass, but like I said I am trading my black EVO for my girlfriends white EVO but she wants me to unroot mine first because she don't want a rooted phone. But ill be sire to get my root back when I get the white EVO from her :)

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Just run a stock RUU onto it. Check the android development forum for the rom Wiki which has a list of the stock RUU's.

I've done this twice on mine to unroot and return the phone to stock for an exchange and can confirm it works.

There are also several long threads in android development titled "How to UNROOT the evo in 2 easy steps" etc.... just do a search you'll find more information than you will asking here.

Stroid01

Nov 5, 2010
Atlanta,GA
Not to be an ass, but like I said I am trading my black EVO for my girlfriends white EVO but she wants me to unroot mine first because she don't want a rooted phone. But ill be sire to get my root back when I get the white EVO from her :)

i dont get how you were being an ass..just curious why she would want to loose root it has so many benefits.

either way the link i put shows how to lose root. so does the advice the other two users gave you....maybe you should read the linked thread next time or dont ask for help

Ruki_Uki

May 7, 2010
Springfield
I didnt want to sound like an ass by saying I already said why in my first post when I was asking. And she doesnt want root because she's not into the whole root thing. And so to be nice since she is trading me her 2 day old white EVO for my few month old black one ill do what she asked

Top Liked Posts