New Batch Of LG Nexus 4 Loses Its Glittery Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TeamAlpha

Jul 29, 2012
Royal Leamington Spa
http://www.autoomobile.com/news/lg-nexus-4-no-glitter/10010798/

The LG Nexus 4 has something special that we haven’t seen on other Android smartphones in a while now – great build quality.

New LG Nexus 4 sports a new rear case?

Ever since it was released, we’ve praised the pure Google phone for its exceptional build quality and styling that even rivals the likes of the iPhone 5. However we did have some complaints about rear glass that seem to be more fragile than we hoped.

Well there may be some bad news today disguised as something good. We’ve been informed by many readers who recently received their LG Nexus 4 that the smartphone looks a little different than what we saw last month. Supposedly, LG may have modified the rear crystal glass case of the Nexus 4 to make it less susceptible to cracking.

On a sad note, the LG Nexus 4 now doesn’t seem to glitter like the earlier batch. No matter what angle you hold it at or lighting conditions. it seems to have lost the glitter effect.

At this time this remains unconfirmed but give that we’ve had a dozen readers complain to us about their findings already, there may be something different about the newest batch ship from the Google Play Store.

We’ve contacted LG about this and will update this story once we get a reply on what is possibly a new LG Nexus 4.

15egspz.jpg

Sorry if already posted!

mk92595

Aug 23, 2012
My 8gb doesn't have the glitter either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

CLTatenza

Jan 20, 2011
Richardson, TX
My 2nd nexus 4 looks exactly like the first. The first was from the original batch, and the second was received yesterday.

Original was hw rev 10, new one is rev 11.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

309041291a

Dec 29, 2011
I'm sure we'll get 3rd party back replacements. But still, this would suck huge monkey balls. I love the glass back.

Muikkuman

Oct 19, 2011
Växjö
I actually liked their original idea with the glittery back. But oh well if they did the back side more cracking safe then it should be OK.

HarryH123

Dec 31, 2012
I ordered mine when they still had the glittery back, it looks very nice but I'd rather have a durable backing to my device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

republicano

Mar 11, 2010
the glitter may seem nice but in my situation i will never see it with this phone case,

i dont care what the back looks like since i dont look at it when in use
would rather a tougher back so it won't look bad when its all scratched but shinny disco ball it is.

gagdude

Jun 10, 2012
Northbrook
How does removing the glittery pattern make the glass more durable on the back? If I recall, the pattern is under the glass. So if they just removed what was under the glass, isn't it still the same glass?

Btw, if anyone has gotten one without the design, Id like to see some pics please. Just curious, want more than the one in the OP

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium

PoisonWolf

Feb 8, 2009
How does removing the glittery pattern make the glass more durable on the back? If I recall, the pattern is under the glass. So if they just removed what was under the glass, isn't it still the same glass?

Btw, if anyone has gotten one without the design, Id like to see some pics please. Just curious, want more than the one in the OP

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium

No space in between the back and the glass. So I presume that the plastic can sit flushed against the back glass pane to provide more strength?

jmcsk8

Dec 15, 2012
Indianapolis
I placed my order about a month ago and should hopefully get it in the next few weeks.
From the devices I have seen, personally, I love the original back and would almost rather not have one if it did not have the back.
Call me crazy but from the first time I saw it, I wanted nothing more than to have the phone in a bumper case and show it off with pride.
I guess I will just wait to see what style of back others get that ordered the same time I did and decide if I want to sell it.

Reactions: nabeelburney

Anubis007

Jun 15, 2012
how much less susceptible to cracking? it's still glass so i don't think it would be by much. i like the sparkly effect, this is sad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some of you ppl make the dumbest leaps I have ever read.....Sparkle gone = stronger glass....just retarded.
    Great. A plain black glass cover with a shiny logo...Apple now has a reason to ban the device :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Are you a sexy female by chance? Or you might be gay?

Are you incredibly insecure about your masculinity by any chance?
    Just spoke to LG and have confirmed that they are now actually going to remove the rear glass altogether. No back at all. Too much discussion about the back of a bloody phone they said.
    It's a bull**** story. Here's my original picture. I assure you that phone's just as glitterific as the day I got it.