[ROM | WWE | 23563 | 11 Jul 2010 | XDA_UC] NATF Fuze v6.0 Standard (Lite/Sense soon)

Search This thread

mav5

Apr 5, 2007
As mentioned before. Can confirm that closing the "connectionmanagersetup" (?) application solves the defunct screen. Even thoo there is no visible "X" button in the top right corner, clicking on the clock brings out the menu.

BR / Magnus

Confirmed. Closing Connection manager solves screen corruption problem.

RobtWms

I started 5.4 this morning have and ran it all day w/o significant problem.....until now.

I'm unable to add or edit contacts. This behavior is same whether started from home screen or Start -->> Productivity -->> Contacts.

It seems that the bottom of the screen is truncated and I can't see all data fields for existing contact or when adding a new contact. Notice that the "Work Tel" is only partially visible and the scroll bar is at the bottom. I've rebooted numerous times.

Workaround: Add or edit contact using Gmail contacts and sync with Active Sync.

Attachments

• 20090819_163335.jpg
    20090819_163335.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Tofferbear

Jan 14, 2009
Bellevue
caps lock LED light

I'm noticing that the CAPs lock key is staying on when I slide out my keyboard, even though CAPs isn't on. This has been happening ever since I used the CAPs once...now everytime I slide out the keyboard it's on until I press a key at which time it turns off.

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
I started 5.4 this morning have and ran it all day w/o significant problem.....until now.

I'm unable to add or edit contacts. This behavior is same whether started from home screen or Start -->> Productivity -->> Contacts.

It seems that the bottom of the screen is truncated and I can't see all data fields for existing contact or when adding a new contact. Notice that the "Work Tel" is only partially visible and the scroll bar is at the bottom. I've rebooted numerous times.

On a completely stock Fuze 5.4 Standard, I cannot reproduce this. I created a new contact, saved and quit back to Home, went back in, and was able to edit all fields without them being cut off.

I'm noticing that the CAPs lock key is staying on when I slide out my keyboard, even though CAPs isn't on. This has been happening ever since I used the CAPs once...now everytime I slide out the keyboard it's on until I press a key at which time it turns off.

Probably a glitch with EzInput 2.1.

NHComp

Mar 13, 2009
NH
Bubble Breaker is broken - how will I survive! LOL

On a more serious note, I do get an error message. "SHCreateMenuBar Failed." Then "Cannot open Bubble Breaker resource file!" when I click on the error message.

Other than that, a very nice ROM. Thanks for all your persistence and hard work.

dragoon354

Jun 3, 2007

Yeah I had this same problem when i went to add custom ringtones for people.

gguy1

Apr 3, 2009
5.4 Standard Fuze

I'm having an issue with video playback when I try to load videos the device freezes or acts funny.

RobtWms

On a completely stock Fuze 5.4 Standard, I cannot reproduce this. I created a new contact, saved and quit back to Home, went back in, and was able to edit all fields without them being cut off.

All flashes done via usb, with sim and flash card removed, hard reset before screen alignment. All tests done with absolutely unmodified OS prior to inserting sim card installation and ActiveSync.

Hard reset NATF 5.4. Behavior continued.
Installed HTC 5.11.502.2 WWE. Behavior eliminated. All data fields visible on new contact entry page.
Installed NATF 5.4. Behavior returned, similar. There were a few more fields but still truncated at the bottom.
Reboot: behavior identical.

When flashing the second 5.4, I even chanted the secret sauce chant I learned when I was writing config.sys files on DOS 3.0. If I'm the only one effected, I gotta figure it's something in Kansas.

Leaving on a 4 day ordeal. Probably won't be available till next Wednesday.

Skeletal

Aug 27, 2007
As mentioned before. Can confirm that closing the "connectionmanagersetup" (?) application solves the defunct screen. Even thoo there is no visible "X" button in the top right corner, clicking on the clock brings out the menu.

BR / Magnus

Confirmed. Closing Connection manager solves screen corruption problem.

Confirmed for me too. Thanks for finding this out - I was hoping it was only a problem with 5.3 and then it happened in 5.4 as well - but awesome to find a solution!

UPDATE: Hmm, the Connection Manager popped up the first time I sync'd, but seems to have gone away on the 2nd sync

Cheers

Last edited:

drugusv

Feb 1, 2009
Chisinau
i dont know how is in fuze version but in TP standard version bottom bar is "highest" in comparison width top bar menu? from registry i can modificate height?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
i dont know how is in fuze version but in TP standard version bottom bar is "highest" in comparison width top bar menu? from registry i can modificate height?
No. this is the new "finger-friendly" soft key bar. It is larger by design in the newer builds.
Does this have .net 3.5 installed? I can't run CallCalendar!!
See post #502 for fix.
Also, WTF is wrong with the volume keys?!
Nothing. This is the new behavior for the OS builds. Pressing the Volume keys bring up the Title Bar list, and then when you press the volume icon there, you can change the volume. This prevents accidental volume changes by simply pressing the buttons.

Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
No. this is the new "finger-friendly" soft key bar. It is larger by design in the newer builds.

See post #502 for fix.

Nothing. This is the new behavior for the OS builds. Pressing the Volume keys bring up the Title Bar list, and then when you press the volume icon there, you can change the volume. This prevents accidental volume changes by simply pressing the buttons.

Thanks for the assist. And grats on the bump! Welcome to the "club."

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank You for creating this amazing series of ROMs!!! I have been using v5.7 for quite a while now, and was planning on switching to 6.0 however was waiting for 6.1 since it was pending release. Have you had a chance to put it back together after your unfortunate hard drive crash or is 6.0 become the last official release in this series? Has anybody found any disadvantages to switching to 6.0 from 5.7?

Sadly 6.0 will be the final ROM released. I was never able to recover 100% of my data, and I've been so busy with work lately that I finally made the painful decision to part with my Fuze a couple weeks ago.