[GUIDE] [ROOT] Xperia ZL .2.67 fw using DooMLoRD Rooting Kit

Search This thread

sanjulgupta

Jun 22, 2009
New Delhi
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
Root Xperia ZL with Latest .2.67 fw (Yes The Latest 10.3.1.A.2.67)

I Take no credit for this I have done zero development work
All credits to the great @DooMLoRD
This is a just a Guide telling how to implement his method

Requirement

NOTE: We need complete file only to flash the Kernel.sin & Loader.sin

OR

Use the files provided by me which contain the required files only (easier method)

These kernel files are from C6502 if you have another device they might not work. In that case use the complete FTF files for your device and root using complete ftf method

1. Latest .2.67 Kernel file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8hAoiy5gSGVWktnM2p1MTk2VFU/edit
  2. Older .423 Kernel file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8hAoiy5gSGVbmtOY2lyMUc0OXM/edit?pli=1

How (Using complete ftf packages)

• Flash only the kernel.sin & loader.sin from older .423ftf package using FlashTool
  • Uncheck all wipe options
  • Check all exclude option EXCEPT Exclude Kernel
  • Now flash this using flashtool
  • Reboot the device and make sure USB Debugging & Unknown Sources are allowed in settings
  • Now root using the latest DoomLord Kit v18 (No other version of kit will work)
  • Turn Off the Device and put in Flash Mode (Press Volume Down while attaching usb cable)
  • Now open the latest .2.67 ftf package and repeat the check and uncheck process as earlier
  • Flash only the Kernel.sin & Loader.sin
  • Reboot the Device
  • Done !!

OR

How (Using given ftf files) EASIER WAY

These kernel files are from C6502 if you have another device they might not work. In that case use the complete FTF files for your device and root using complete ftf method

• Flash the .423 kernel ftf package using FlashTool
  • Reboot the device and make sure USB Debugging & Unknown Sources are allowed in settings
  • Now root using the latest DoomLord Kit v18 (No other version of kit will work)
  • Turn Off the Device and put in Flash Mode (Press Volume Down while attaching usb cable)
  • Now open the latest .2.67 kernel ftf package and flash it
  • Reboot the Device
  • Done !!

I take no responsibility for any kind of damage to your Phone
Do all this at your own risk
Thankyou @DooMLoRD for your great work

Last edited:

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
Is this good for a c6506?

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Yes. Yes it is good for the C6506.

take55

Oct 1, 2008
Thanks for the guide!

The mobile ist rooted allright, but i noticed that the information (in the settings) about the kernel Version is the same as the one when I had flashed the .423 kernel. Did sth. go wrong? According to Flashtool flashing the kernels was successful. I added a screenshot of the current status. Is this the right .67 kernel?

Attachments

• Skitch.jpg
    Skitch.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,033

sanjulgupta

Jun 22, 2009
New Delhi
Motorola Edge 20 Pro
Thanks for the guide!

The mobile ist rooted allright, but i noticed that the information (in the settings) about the kernel Version is the same as the one when I had flashed the .423 kernel. Did sth. go wrong? According to Flashtool flashing the kernels was successful. I added a screenshot of the current status. Is this the right .67 kernel?

Yes I dont think there should be any problem :D

Sirence

Jun 17, 2012
Could someone share a prerooted flashable zip of the newest firmware for those who don't have access to a pc?

Gesendet von meinem Xperia ZL

Sheng1988

Jan 2, 2011
For some reason the doomlord exploit kept repeating device not found error so I wasn't able to flash. I installed the flash/fastboot drivers, wondering if I missed anything.

PseudoReal

Feb 21, 2006
Thanks for the guide!

On mine, the numbers are the same and I have just flashed via PC Companion and did not root yet.

Reactions: take55

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Xperia ZL with Latest .2.67 fw (Yes The Latest 10.3.1.A.2.67)

I Take no credit for this I have done zero development work
    All credits to the great @DooMLoRD
    This is a just a Guide telling how to implement his method

Requirement

NOTE: We need complete file only to flash the Kernel.sin & Loader.sin

OR

Use the files provided by me which contain the required files only (easier method)

1. Latest .2.67 Kernel file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8hAoiy5gSGVWktnM2p1MTk2VFU/edit
    2. Older .423 Kernel file https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8hAoiy5gSGVbmtOY2lyMUc0OXM/edit?pli=1

How (Using complete ftf packages)

• Flash only the kernel.sin & loader.sin from older .423ftf package using FlashTool
    • Uncheck all wipe options
    • Check all exclude option EXCEPT Exclude Kernel
    • Now flash this using flashtool
    • Now open the latest .2.67 ftf package and repeat the check and uncheck process as earlier
    • Flash only the Kernel.sin & Loader.sin
    • Reboot the Device
    • Done !!

OR

How (Using given ftf files) EASIER WAY

• Flash the .423 kernel ftf package using FlashTool
    • Now open the latest .2.67 kernel ftf package and flash it
    • Reboot the Device
    • Done !!

I take no responsibility for any kind of damage to your Phone
    Do all this at your own risk
    Thankyou @DooMLoRD for your great work

Coz its a new fw and a new File has been posted :D
    Here's the method to root xperia zl 4.3

I have used this method to root my mobile and now my mobile is rooted and boot loader locked now

But make sure to backup TA before going any further...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583805

Sent from my C6502 using xda premium
    Is it me or is the link for doomlord V18 download not working?

Yes the link seems to be not working I have the file But DooMLoRD doesnt allow to mirror his files
    Inbox me your email ID I will send it to you :)
    Thanks, worked fine on my wife's brand new ZL. First time I have a Sony phone in the last ten years, and I'm really liking it. ZL > S4 i9500