Uhm. Google Music just censored my song.

Search This thread

fushla

Apr 29, 2012
Hey guys... I'm just curious about, why Google Music censored my music?!

I bought Marvin's Room from Drake, for example, on Musicload (a German site for legal music download, powered by T-Mobile) uncensored.

Today I decided to upload my music into Google play for easy access...

Just tuned into it and it's censored now... no dirty words... is it normal that Google Music do this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

fushla

Apr 29, 2012
Yup, another one affected, states "clean" in the name now... this is... ??

G

GuestK007

just tested it out, it isn't altering my explicit lyrics mp3s

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
It's probably this 'match' feature which, rather than you having to upload your copy, adds songs from Google's server to your Google Music user space. It's probably taken the clean version instead of the explicit one. Try putting 'Explicit version' on your and see what happens as both are available on Google Music

Reactions: rmean and fushla

fushla

Apr 29, 2012
The one was called explicit version... Confusing... I'm going to delete them if it's possible... I rather put them on my sdcard than fighting for dirty words :p

drachir

Sep 24, 2010
This is ridiculous haha. I'd noticed it with a few songs having the odd word censored or changed, which I thought was annoying but tolerable.

Then I just tried to listen to Benoit & Sergio - Walk & Talk. All of the lyrics have been replaced with a humming, presumably because it's drug references.

Who knew Google were so puritan?

fushla

Apr 29, 2012
I can live with that :D I just don't upload dirty songs :D:D

Reactions: tonyram57

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
Where do you live? I believe Google is testing the Match service in Europe. Check your labs settings on desktop version of Google music as well. I would figure it would default to clean versions and a setting to switch to explicit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: fushla

fushla

Apr 29, 2012
Where do you live? I believe Google is testing the Match service in Europe. Check your labs settings on desktop version of Google music as well. I would figure it would default to clean versions and a setting to switch to explicit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Okay I'm going to take a look at this thank you :)

You just shouldn't listen to explicit music you bad boy, google is doing a good thing here

:D :D but you have to admit that some songs sound like.... *insert bad word here * when they cut the words out

Yes :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

ocnbrze

Jul 11, 2010
los angeles
so i just noticed a few of my songs have this issue so i emailed google and this is what they told me:
Hi there,

I understand that some of your music is not being matched correctly by our scan and match service. In order to fix this, please go to your library on a browser and right-click on the song(s) that are experiencing this issue. Please then select "Fix incorrect match."

If your Music Manager is running, the actual file will be uploaded within 24 hrs. If after that time period, you're still experiencing this issue, please let me know.

Best Regards,

John
Google Play Support Team

and it worked.....so i hope this helps others.

johnchad14

May 1, 2010
Is there an option in music manager to not scan and match stuff? I have 0 desire for this to touch my music...already invested the time for a full upload. Scared to turn the program on and have it mess up stuff now. I read that it has issues matching various artist albums too, and I have some of mine configured in non standard ways that I'm guessing it would butcher (or ignore, who knows, that's the scary part!)

dispatch

May 28, 2008
I also have the problem. I told them that fixing individual tracks in a 20,000 song collection is clearly not a valid or palatable solution. They had no other recourse, nor would they acknowledge this as a problem (typical Google).

I'm currently on the phone with them asking how I can submit a bug report, for surely this is a bug with how their matching is working (or not working, as the case may be).

The rep had no suggestion other than to email him with the problem specifics and his word that he would pass the bug report onto the germane team.

Unfortunately, until Google fixes this issue, Google Music is unusable for me.

@johnchad14:

No, there is no way to 'turn off' the matching feature, according to the rep I just spoke with. The good news is it won't touch your original tracks, just **** up the version they make available in their cloud. Surprisingly, it handled my compilation albums quite well.

johnchad14

May 1, 2010
Yeah, it *was* my online backup for music. As I don't know what they've done with the tracks now, I can't trust it as that anymore. Oh well. Not having issues with the whole thing other than worrying about the fidelity of my online collection there. Just been using my local backup drive like I used to to ensure music meltdown does not occur. Oh well!

NeoandGeo

Jan 25, 2011
I also have the problem. I told them that fixing individual tracks in a 20,000 song collection is clearly not a valid or palatable solution. They had no other recourse, nor would they acknowledge this as a problem (typical Google).

I'm currently on the phone with them asking how I can submit a bug report, for surely this is a bug with how their matching is working (or not working, as the case may be).

The rep had no suggestion other than to email him with the problem specifics and his word that he would pass the bug report onto the germane team.

@johnchad14:

No, there is no way to 'turn off' the matching feature, according to the rep I just spoke with. The good news is it won't touch your original tracks, just **** up the version they make available in their cloud. Surprisingly, it handled my compilation albums quite well.

Yet another problem Google causes, and then is oblivious to it. Same fiasco when they combined navigation volume with media volume. Utter incompetence. F*** you Google for ruining my music and telling me I have to fix thousands of tracks individually because you have a service that doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so i just noticed a few of my songs have this issue so i emailed google and this is what they told me:
    Hi there,

I understand that some of your music is not being matched correctly by our scan and match service. In order to fix this, please go to your library on a browser and right-click on the song(s) that are experiencing this issue. Please then select "Fix incorrect match."

If your Music Manager is running, the actual file will be uploaded within 24 hrs. If after that time period, you're still experiencing this issue, please let me know.

Best Regards,

John
    Google Play Support Team

and it worked.....so i hope this helps others.

@johnchad14:

Lol.. I have thousands of songs in Google music, none of which are censored.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    It's probably this 'match' feature which, rather than you having to upload your copy, adds songs from Google's server to your Google Music user space. It's probably taken the clean version instead of the explicit one. Try putting 'Explicit version' on your and see what happens as both are available on Google Music
    I can live with that :D I just don't upload dirty songs :D:D